Tactic Set for all teams - Great results - Patch 9.3

If anyone is interested in a new 442 Diamond set, ( control-attack-balanced-counter-defensive) then ask in this thread and I will upload it with some instructions.

With ML + MR or MCL MCR ?

Am developing my own but would be good to see your version.

With ML + MR or MCL MCR ?

Am developing my own but would be good to see your version.

MR, ML ( the other one I call 41212 Diamond). Here are 3 of the versions. In this set, I have used a left-footed strong Poacher acting like a "target man" in FCl. If you have one that is rightfooted, then you need to switch the instruction between the FCr and the FCl, and play him as FCright. ( not using a target man, he just acts like a link player). The Counter version would benefit from putting the wingers as MCr and MCl though

Last edited:
MR, ML ( the other one I call 41212 Diamond). Here are 3 of the versions. In this set, I have used a left-footed strong Poacher acting like a "target man" in FCl. If you have one that is rightfooted, then you need to switch the instruction between the FCr and the FCl, and play him as FCright. ( not using a target man, he just acts like a link player). The Counter version would benefit from putting the wingers as MCr and MCl though

Interesting, looks like we've taken same formation but designed it for different styles. Yours is very tight and slow (looking at standard) with less crossing. My team isn't great at passing/creativity so its a very physical side relying on its forwards size and crossing from wide players so is quite wide and average tempo.

Interesting, looks like we've taken same formation but designed it for different styles. Yours is very tight and slow (looking at standard) with less crossing. My team isn't great at passing/creativity so its a very physical side relying on its forwards size and crossing from wide players so is quite wide and average tempo.

That's the beauty pf the 442 diamond using wingers. By playing very narrow, you will deny space when defending and by playing in a slow tempo, you use the width of the pitch when attacking as your players have the time to move into channels, looking for that space etc. The More attacking version are much "wider" though and by using a very high d-line we will still be able to deny the AI space as the DMC covers the hole.

After trying pritty much most formations with my QPR team i cant win i am leeking goals left and right loss mostly 3.0 against barnsly away 1st game of sesson
I am new to footy manager games so plz help me if you can

After trying pritty much most formations with my QPR team i cant win i am leeking goals left and right loss mostly 3.0 against barnsly away 1st game of sesson
I am new to footy manager games so plz help me if you can

As you are new to FM09, there are many things you need to learn to handle, tactics being only one of them. As there are so many things, I think you should try to learn how to build/ use one of mine plug & play tactic. This way you can see in a better way how your team picking and man management works, looking for patterns etc. I can help you get started but this thread may not be the best forum for it. Why dont you add me on msn and we will take it from there. (Learning how to tweak tactics and/or make sets is the next step)

[email protected]

Is it the one in post # 312 ?. ( the bigpack of 10 new stes )

No, it's not. I quoted the post from #282 to #284, and you was speaking about the updating of the sets in the very 1st posy of this 3d.

_perfido_

Post 285 perhaps ?

in the 285 there is a file for the 442/4411.

I suppose that in the post #282 Hancuryahudi asked for the update infos about the sets u declared as final in the 1st post (442 tm, no tm, top team; 4411 physic team; 442 diamond; 4231 no tm, semi tm; 41221 play)

_perfido_

in the 285 there is a file for the 442/4411.

I suppose that in the post #282 Hancuryahudi asked for the update infos about the sets u declared as final in the 1st post (442 tm, no tm, top team; 4411 physic team; 442 diamond; 4231 no tm, semi tm; 41221 play)

_perfido_

The versions we discussed was actually my new 442/4411 and there are no updates on the final sets in the OP, sorry.

Hi TheBetterHalf
Have to say first off how very impressed i am with the amount of detail and explanation you have put into the tactics in this thread, it has really helped a fm novice like myself try and get my head around the more tactical side off the game. I have just started off a game with villa and have been using the 442 no tm set, not gettin the best off results though, have lost 2 drawn 2 out off the first four prem games, i seem to be having the same problems each game with the forwards performing badly 5-7 rating and my attacking threat nulified alot, wingers not performing great, seems not too much problem with possesion but going nowhere, do the oi settings play a very important role with the different version? eg my wingers seemed to get closed down very well but the opposition sometimes get the run off the park, (am i not getting enough setting on t marking, closing down etc) any help would be greatly appretiated:)

villa team is pretty much same from the starting, just bought a few young lads but not in first team.

im using the top notch tactic with tottenham and i was just wondering how i can get dzagoev to score more he is in the mcr position and i use to balance tactic mostly

Here are 2 sets of 5 versions that are a direct copy of some of my previous tactics for 09.( made in FM120 not using the tactic creator) Not that these HAVE NOT been tested at all in FM10, i actually haven't played a single match with them

The versions are as followed

Attack - very attacking
Standard - A normal version
Counter - Very aggressive and attacking but on the counter
Defensive - Cautious build up that is great when implementing specific man marking against multi strata formations
SUS - What is says
442 for FM10, Attack, Standard, Counter, Defensive and SUS

4321, same versions as above