Tactic Set for all teams - Great results - Patch 9.3

Hello mate, I am playing a network game atm and your tactics are bringing good results. I am United... essentially the same team except I have bought zhirkov and toualan... both improving my first eleven.

However my difficulty comes in big games. I drew at Liverpool (dominated with a defensive 4-2-3-1) and lost at home against chelsea while being completely outplayed.

How would you set up against them... especially arsenal who my friend is playing as (flat 4-4-2).

What set are you using ?

Usually 4-4-2 top team - control/home attack/overload which does wonders against the average team... against the big teams i drop back to a 4-2-3-1 defensive away and counter at home.

Im also tending to have around 20-30shots a game and getting few on target whoever i play against. I am also using 9.3.

Tends to be

Brown, Rio, Vidic Evra
Toualon Carrick
Ronaldo, Zhirkox
Rooney, Berbetov/Tevez

Last edited:
This is a great piece of work...very detailed and comprehensive. I am currently in my second season with Man City and was mid table and facing the sack but your tactics have revived my season.

Truly excellent work!

Thanks

TheBetterHalf, could you help me? What do you think about my team, it is quite normal Sevilla team + Joao Moutinho. What tactic would suit my team, any advices? I'm now 6th in the league, first season and i'm now in January. Here is my team:

View attachment 7951

@sinned_82

Do you use the SUS-version with the OI against the 244 or 424 ?
Anyway, use this version as the 2.Control, I think you will find it better to break down teams. You may have to reduce time wasting by a couple of notches-many notches if your players are showing complacency and/or are non aggressive as the slider effects the closing down

Hi TBH, completed my 3rd season using the 442 Top Team. Finished as EPL champs and finally won the CL (2-0 vs Real, woot!). Thanks for the time-wasting tips and the new Control set, it really does help breaking down the defensive teams.

Thing is, I realise, of all the 8 sets of the tactics, I usually only use Attack Home, Attack Away, and Balanced. And use Defensive against the big teams (the Man Utds, Barcas, etc). So i was wondering, how do the other 4 sets come into play, especially Overload and Counter, I can't remember the last time I used the set. care to eleaborate abit and share your intentions?

Hi TBH, completed my 3rd season using the 442 Top Team. Finished as EPL champs and finally won the CL (2-0 vs Real, woot!). Thanks for the time-wasting tips and the new Control set, it really does help breaking down the defensive teams.

Thing is, I realise, of all the 8 sets of the tactics, I usually only use Attack Home, Attack Away, and Balanced. And use Defensive against the big teams (the Man Utds, Barcas, etc). So i was wondering, how do the other 4 sets come into play, especially Overload and Counter, I can't remember the last time I used the set. care to eleaborate abit and share your intentions?

Its quiet common that users don't use all versions in the set. Currently I am playing a newly promoted CCC team and I start all my away games with 8.SUS( including the OIs) and my main home tactic is 6.Counter, sometimes using 7.Defensive against the top teams. I am yet to use any more attacking version than 5. Balanced.

1.Overload

This version is to overload the defence against teams playing very defensive with lots of time wasting, yet using a relatively high d-line. Against teams sitting much deeper then Control is a far better version

6.Counter
A version to be used to attack the space that the leaves behind when they are playing a quick and wide attacking approach. If the AI is playing a more possession based, yet attacking, style, then this version is more likely to fail as they move more as a unit with lots of men behind the ball. When playing with a top team, this version is therefor less needed as a starting version as teams will instruct their fullbacks to stay back at all times, playing with lots of men behind the ball.

8.SUS
the formation in this version is a 4231. The reason for this is to hold possession further up the field and for our wingers to "match" their advancing fullbacks. The FCright drops into the AMC position as the AI tends to leave a gap when both their central midfielders push forward, not tracking back enough. This version should always be used with heavy OI. Tight mark/always on attackers and wingers, Close Down/Always on their MCs and Fullbacks

Look like great tactics mate! I will try them on a new game with Wigan.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

These tactics seem good but I am terrible at reading the AI! I don't know what to do or what to change when the AI makes a change such as tempo or formation. I just need to know how to use these tactics to full effect.

I have a new set that needs Beta testing.

Its, as usual, 7 versions and the formation is a flat 4 at the back, 3 central midfielders, 2 wingforwards and a lone FC. In the more defensive versions 2 of the MCs drop back into the DMC position.

The set should suite teams at all levels as long as there, as always required, is balance through out the squad as that it consists of players suited for the formation

• The FC - Needs to be strong and one of the best players at the club
  • The wingforwards - Needs to be able to score and cross
  • The 3 MCs´s - Needs to be up for the defensive duties as well as the attacking

If interested, then send me a PM, mail or ad me on msn ( no answers in the thread please)

[email protected]

Edit:
I now have 10 new sets, all based on the set above so if interested then just give me a shout
( The version called 5.Balanced can be used as a plug & play in all set)

Last edited:
just downloaded mate ill post feedback when i have used them

TheBetterHalf, I'm using your 4231 no target man tactic and its working really well but I have a problem, I concede a lot of goals against bad teams. They run down the wing then pass it across goal, I always concede goals this way.
Is there a way to combat this problem?

TheBetterHalf, I'm using your 4231 no target man tactic and its working really well but I have a problem, I concede a lot of goals against bad teams. They run down the wing then pass it across goal, I always concede goals this way.
Is there a way to combat this problem?

Close down/always on their wingers

This is a small explanation how the different players end up in my new Bigpack of set.As all the sets use a flat back 4, they are left aside. If looking at the 4321, you can see that we use 3 central midfielders, 2 wingforwards and one single FC. If looking to the left, you can see that if using players that can play in those "preferable positions", then you can switch from the different sets with ease. So for example, the MCright in the first set should be a AMC/FC that is retrained in MC. He will play as a attacking MC in some versions and as a creative striker in others. Have a look at all the players and if you have the squad for it, then you will not only have a very balanced squad, but also the ability to use these formations just as you want

<table x:str="" style="border-collapse: collapse; width: 742pt;" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="987"><col style="width: 116pt;" width="155"> <col style="width: 157pt;" width="209"> <col style="width: 67pt;" span="7" width="89"> <tbody><tr style="height: 13.5pt;" height="18"> <td class="xl32" style="height: 13.5pt; width: 116pt;" height="18" width="155">Preferable position</td> <td class="xl24" style="width: 157pt;" width="209">
</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 67pt;" width="89">4321
</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 67pt;" x:num="" width="89">4231</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 67pt;" x:num="" width="89">4411</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 67pt;" x:num="" width="89">4141</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 67pt;" x:num="" width="89">442</td> <td class="xl24" style="border-left: medium none; width: 67pt;" x:num="" width="89">4240</td> <td class="xl25" style="border-left: medium none; width: 67pt;" x:num="" width="89">4132</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl26" style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">
</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">
</td> <td class="xl28" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl26" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17">AMC/FC</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">More attacking minded</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC right</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AMC</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AMC</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC right</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">FC right</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AMC right</td> <td class="xl28" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">FC right</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl26" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17">DMC/MC, alt, DMC/AMC</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">Complete, defensive
regista
</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC Central</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC right</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC right</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">DMC</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC right</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC right</td> <td class="xl28" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">DMC</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl26" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17">MC alt DMC/MC</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">Hardworking Tackler</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC left</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC left</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC left</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC left
</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC left</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC left</td> <td class="xl28" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC central</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl26" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
</td> <td class="xl28" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl26" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17">AMR alt AM/FCR</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">Scoring and
flairfull
Winger</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AMR</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AMR</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MR</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MR</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MR</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AMR</td> <td class="xl28" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC right</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl26" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17">AML alt AM/FCL</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">Scoring and
flairfull
Winger</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AML</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AML</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">ML</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MR</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MR</td> <td class="xl27" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AML</td> <td class="xl28" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">MC left</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 12.75pt;" height="17"> <td class="xl26" style="border-top: medium none; height: 12.75pt;" height="17">
</td> </tr> <tr style="height: 13.5pt;" height="18"> <td class="xl29" style="border-top: medium none; height: 13.5pt;" height="18">Striker/ FC</td> <td class="xl30" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">
Allround
with specific competence</td> <td class="xl30" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">FC</td> <td class="xl30" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">FC left</td> <td class="xl30" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">FC</td> <td class="xl30" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">FC</td> <td class="xl30" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">FC left</td> <td class="xl30" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">AMC left</td> <td class="xl31" style="border-top: medium none; border-left: medium none;">FC left</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

Last edited:
This is a great piece of work...very detailed and comprehensive. I am currently in my second season with Man City and was mid table and facing the sack but your tactics have revived my season.

Truly excellent work!

Thanks

Do they work immediately? I thought it took time for your team to gel again when you switch to a new tactic/formation...

Or are you just using the same formation with different settings?

Do they work immediately? I thought it took time for your team to gel again when you switch to a new tactic/formation...

Or are you just using the same formation with different settings?

If a team is gelled, then changing tactics/formation have no impact on that. The only thing that can alter it if you suddenly start playing with different players, suiting the new formation - and that these players are ungelled, haven't settled in.

The thing that I have found have the biggest (negative) impact is not switching between tactics, but when using a player in different positions through out a season.

Last edited: