Tactic Testing League

• Thread starter Thread starter Will1981
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 216
  • Views Views 84K
Here are the parameters set in my test. Which ones of these do you think lessens accuracy?

1. Using the same savefile for every tactic tested (so they get the same schedule)

2. Used FMRTE to set all players’ age to 17 in order to have 40 available players. This is because I want every tactic to have the same chances in regard to player types.

3. All players are real players from the EPL with CA ranging from 135-145.

4. There are lots of different player types available, and several of each type.

5. Used FMRTE to freeze players fitness and morale to 100%, so that “bad luck” in one game doesn’t affect the next. Equal chance every match for every tactic.

6. Used FMRTE to set tactics to 100% fluid before the first league match.

7. Since the tactic test is set in the EPL, the test results are limited to that league. However, this is usually a pretty good indication anyway, since the EPL has a lot of different formations to face.

8. There are no team talks, as this is a random element that I want to omit.

9. Assistant manager does not do OI’s, as this is also a random element that I want to omit.

10. Removed all players’ preferred positions in the FM Editor, so that all tactics have an equal starting point.

11. Removed all players’ ppms in the FM Editor, also to make sure all tactics have an equal starting point.

12. Reputation of test team set to 7000, to resemble a mid-table / sub-top team in the EPL

13. Only testing one tactic at a time, to avoid tactics facing each other, as that would result in less accurate results for players who don't play online (like myself).

14. Used FMRTE to set the stat “injury proneness” to “1” for all players and all injuries chance to minimum in editor.

1 - I do the same

2 - dont need to this as there are no squad rules in my database

3 - I use all real players too

4 - I make sure there are enough players for all positions

5 - I strongly disagree with this as I think one of the most important things with testing a tactic is how quickly it bounces back from a bad result.

6 - Again I stongly disagree with that because in a real save your tactic will take atleast 10 games to become fully fluid as it will in my test.

7 - the problem I have found in using real teams are other events influence the opposition when they play in europe, cup competitions etc.

8 - my assistant always does team talks

9 - I dont use OI's unless the tactic author suggests any.

10 - I leave these as they will be present in a real save.

11 - I leave these as they will always be present in a real save

12 - All my teams are set to 10,000 but it dosn't matter as media prediction is set by the quality of the players in the squad.

13 - same

14 - set injury proneness to 1 in editor and chances of any injuries to 1/1000000 in editor.

15 - retire all players from international football

16 - set all players to retiring at the end of current contract this stops players from asking for transfers and losing morale when not selected.

17 - used realistic disciplinerary rules so that dirtier tactics are punished when the better players are suspended and the lesser players have to play.

1 - I do the same

2 - dont need to this as there are no squad rules in my database

3 - I use all real players too

4 - I make sure there are enough players for all positions

5 - I strongly disagree with this as I think one of the most important things with testing a tactic is how quickly it bounces back from a bad result.

6 - Again I stongly disagree with that because in a real save your tactic will take atleast 10 games to become fully fluid as it will in my test.

7 - the problem I have found in using real teams are other events influence the opposition when they play in europe, cup competitions etc.

8 - my assistant always does team talks

9 - I dont use OI's unless the tactic author suggests any.

10 - I leave these as they will be present in a real save.

11 - I leave these as they will always be present in a real save

12 - All my teams are set to 10,000 but it dosn't matter as media prediction is set by the quality of the players in the squad.

13 - same

14 - set injury proneness to 1 in editor and chances of any injuries to 1/1000000 in editor.

15 - retire all players from international football

16 - set all players to retiring at the end of current contract this stops players from asking for transfers and losing morale when not selected.

17 - used realistic disciplinerary rules so that dirtier tactics are punished when the better players are suspended and the lesser players have to play.

5. This has nothing to do with tactics! The players bounce back based on a number of random elements in the game. The tactics don't "bounce" at all!

6. You test tactics when they aren't even fluid? How much randomness do you want to add to the test, really? By the way, if you do pre-season right, you can get any tactic to 100% fluid before first league match...

8. Assistant doing team talks is another random element you add to the test. He will sometimes do really bad and sometimes good!

10. If you don't remove the player's preferred positions, your test will favour some formations more than others....

11. I've answered this earlier.

Last edited:
How is your guys opinion on doing the same test more than once? I mean do the same test for each tactic 10 times or more, I know its boring but it should be more accurate or what is your thoughts?

How is your guys opinion on doing the same test more than once? I mean do the same test for each tactic 10 times or more, I know its boring but it should be more accurate or what is your thoughts?

Indeed it would. And this is what my test team and I are planning to do for the final patch testing. We will test each tactic in three different databases (underdog-mid-top team), like me and Jesaustralia did in FM13 (look up the thread to see). For one guy (Will) to do the same would be insanely much to ask, as it is incredibly time consuming to test like that...

it takes between one hour - to an hour and a half to test a tactic once, so to test it 10 times would take between 10 and 15 hours per tactic. so no chance unless you had a huge team of testers.

it takes between one hour - to an hour and a half to test a tactic once, so to test it 10 times would take between 10 and 15 hours per tactic. so no chance unless you had a huge team of testers.

Will, do you want to be part of something like that? We are already 3 experienced testers in the team, and we plan for something really big in the final patch testing.

Indeed it would. And this is what my test team and I are planning to do for the final patch testing. We will test each tactic in three different databases (underdog-mid-top team), like me and Jesaustralia did in FM13 (look up the thread to see). For one guy (Will) to do the same would be insanely much to ask, as it is incredibly time consuming to test like that...
if u guys need help i can help u

Will, do you want to be part of something like that? We are already 3 experienced testers in the team, and we plan for something really big in the final patch testing.
possibly but we have some strong differences on how we think the testing should be done.

possibly but we have some strong differences on how we think the testing should be done.

You have a point there :) Well, if you are willing to try our method, gimme a "call"! We are also willing to discuss with you if there are some additions or changes you want to make. But the whole team will "vote" for what parameters we set. (I don't know any of the guys IRL, so no favouring here)

Will, you test tactic using different quality players for each tactic.... don't you see that it determines the result of your testing?

It's like testing tactics with different teams... it makes no sense.

Will, you test tactic using different quality players for each tactic.... don't you see that it determines the result of your testing?

It's like testing tactics with different teams... it makes no sense.
I have been testing tactics for the last 6 years and from my experiences if you test the tactics in a completely sterile environment a tactic may perform well but if you test it in a real save it will perform poorly.

I would also be available for testing a couple og hours per day the next 20 weeks. Is there any roumors about when the final pacth will be ready?

I have been testing tactics for the last 6 years and from my experiences if you test the tactics in a completely sterile environment a tactic may perform well but if you test it in a real save it will perform poorly.

So you say that it provides more accurate results when you use the better players to test one tactic and the weaker player to test other tactic? :)

It's obvious that when Hazard, Aguero, Silva and Diego Sosta are used for testing it gives a crazy advantage to any tactic because they are the best player in the testing team...

Speaking about a real save… have you managed to win EPL and CL with your Leicester yet? :) When we can expect to see such screenshots from you? :)

So you say that it provides more accurate results when you use the better players to test one tactic and the weaker player to test other tactic? :)

It's obvious that when Hazard, Aguero, Silva and Diego Sosta are used for testing it gives a crazy advantage to any tactic because they are the best player in the testing team...

Speaking about a real save… have you managed to win EPL and CL with your Leicester yet? :) When we can expect to see such screenshots from you? :)
the facts are the best players on the game are strikers and AML and AMR so if a tactic is made that does not have anyone in that position it will rule out using the best players on the game.

I have not played any real saves yet.

the facts are the best players on the game are strikers and AML and AMR so if a tactic is made that does not have anyone in that position it will rule out using the best players on the game.

Will, it's wrong assumption. In my save I'm using Hazard, Neymar at ML position and Aguero, Messi and AMC just fine. What is preventing you from doing the same?

I have not played any real saves yet.

Can't wait to see it! ;)

Will, it's wrong assumption. In my save I'm using Hazard, Neymar at ML position and Aguero, Messi and AMC just fine. What is preventing you from doing the same?

Can't wait to see it! ;)
nothing is preventing it my assistant manager picks other players as they are better suited to the roles.

nothing is preventing it my assistant manager picks other players as they are better suited to the roles.

Which results in that tactics which get to use those best players have an advantage.. Mikey's point I believe :P

Will, so you are saying that the destiny of your testing in hands of your assistant manager that is dumb as **** when it comes to pick the starting elven? :D

Back