Tactics from differant forums {around the world}

• Thread starter Thread starter cragswfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 2M
Mr L Tactics - 4123 strikerless formation

4123 strikerless formation

6txWDlP.png

This is my tactic! I posted it on Mr. L's site because it was easy to upload there and was hoping to get on his tactic test
View attachment 114268View attachment 114267
general training is up to you - match training attacking movement always - and player training is for the role/position they play
recommended app instructions
GK - mark tightly - close down often - tackle harder - show onto weaker foot.
CB - close down often - show onto weaker foot

wanted to post more info but couldn't include recent tactic on here

Here's the latest version of the tactic

41230 set pieces_43349F56-EAB6-42E3-8B17-6B55834EC462

This is my tactic! I posted it on Mr. L's site because it was easy to upload there and was hoping to get on his tactic test
View attachment 1093436View attachment 1093437
general training is up to you - match training attacking movement always - and player training is for the role/position they play

last one for now - it's complicated to post multiple links/attatchments here

the latest version of the tactic i just posted above uses a unique corner defense method

it's a corner defense i've been using since fm12 or so - i didn't score on this counter but it shows how the opposition won't commit too many players to attack the corner and how they can be countered against.

[video=youtube;1Ni15qR90R0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ni15qR90R0&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Hey mate, it looks like a good tactic. Why don't you open a new thread for it here? This way more people will test it and give you feedback.

btw, how many goals do you score from corners on average with your setup during a season?

Hey mate, not playing much so far this year, I have two saves going, one with the Crazy 433 Barca tactic and another with TFF Vortex. The Crazy one is exciting but not reliable, and TFF's is reliable but not exciting... still searching for a tactic that scores a lot and is reliable at the same time...

You tried this Marcelo, http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/361956-4-2-3-1-wingers-ramoss4.html? Seems to have potential for me, took a while to settle in but starting to see some results and my players nowhere near their potential yet. Sure with a bit of tweaking this could be what you're looking for!

hi jpassal1

can you post the image of the OI?

cheers

btw, how many goals do you score from corners on average with your setup during a season?

hmm i wish I knew how many i scored as a result of this corner defense. I can't remember and i cannot find a break down of "goals scored as a result of a free kick defense" haha

i can share this goal assist type window with you which has goals scored/allowed on corners
View attachment 114238
as you can see in the last 50 matches I have scored 17 goals from corners and allowed only 2 (looking at this window i think my free kick routines are utter **** :D scored 2 conceded 6)

Last edited:
hi jpassal1

can you post the image of the OI?

cheers

sure thing!
View attachment 114237
I have used the GK instructions for every match i have used for this tactic and only recently (maybe the last 3/4 games) used the DC instructions

When/if you play this tactic you see your team is always trying to play a pass behind the defense.
(You can look in my post above [#311] my team has scored 66 goals via through balls)
The opposing CB's often cut out these through balls so I have recently been trying to win the ball back from the cb's in the oppositions half/final third. We all know our own defenders have let us down in certain situations in FM so I wanted to get some revenge on the AI. Cb's physical (balance/agility/acceleration) and technical (dribbling/passing) stats can leave them exposed on the ball and i wanted to catch them out and create more chances for my team.
here are goal assists from my last 5 games (around the time i implemented the CB instructions)
View attachment 114236

1 solitary goal off an an opposition mistake, not exactly conclusive evidence this closing down is working against the oppositions cb's.
haha anyway i haven't noticed any negative effects so i might just keep them in for the odd chance i can get the upper hand

hmm i wish I knew how many i scored as a result of this corner defense. I can't remember and i cannot find a break down of "goals scored as a result of a free kick defense" haha

i can share this goal assist type window with you which has goals scored/allowed on corners
View attachment 1093469
as you can see in the last 50 matches I have scored 17 goals from corners and allowed only 2 (looking at this window i think my free kick routines are utter **** :D scored 2 conceded 6)

Thanks, that's what I meant, goals scored from your attacking corner routine.

What i can tell you and i am not sure if this is true, I read on another blog (i think it was mrkeysirensie) that FM uses a rotation of 3 of your set piece routines, so you cannot just load 1 free kick/corner tactic and expect your players to execute this routine (when you watch the games you can see your players doing this - they will not use your routine and use what i assume is a randomly generated routine )

In order to combat this i loaded and created 3 of the exact same routines for free kicks, corner kicks, and throw ins - my thrown ins and free kicks may need tweaking.

That's interesting, I have noticed that they don't always execute the routine they are supposed to, I always assumed players sometimes do whataver they want despite their instructions, but I will try to use 3 exact copies of the same routine to see if this is true.

Hey mate, it looks like a good tactic. Why don't you open a new thread for it here? This way more people will test it and give you feedback.

I might wait until the christmas period (in game - currently just entered November - unbeaten all comps) to get more results to share. I know people on here like to see a lot of evidence and I want to provide it.

then again my team is on fire right now so i might have the illusion of invincibility and make a thread here.

so far I have played 16 competitive matches - 14 wins 2 draws
View attachment 114235View attachment 114234
(the only game cropped out of this ^ schedule list was a 1-1 draw with celtic)

i can show you tactical analysis from my last 20 games played (not exactly ideal analysis as these include results from 4 friendly matches - but you can see from fixture list above Boca, River and Monaco are pretty similarly rated opposition)
View attachment 114233
So in the last 20 games 90 goals and 18 conceded.(including one game where i tried the wb's further up the field to be proper wb's)

Used for 1745 minutes - chance every 20 minutes and a chance against every 102 minutes

anyway - sorry for the super long post - i'm just excited by these results and hope to complete a season and have enough evidence to get people to try this out.

Thanks, that's what I meant, goals scored from your attacking corner routine.

That's interesting, I have noticed that they don't always execute the routine they are supposed to, I always assumed players sometimes do whataver they want despite their instructions, but I will try to use 3 exact copies of the same routine to see if this is true.

Yeah i totally screwed up - from keysie's site

"In the Football Manager world we are able to create up to three Routines for Throw-ins, Free kicks or Corners and I tried to create some during FM16 time and I try to create some with the new version as well."

Sorry - please don't take my incorrect statement "FM uses a rotation of 3 of your set piece routines, so you cannot just load 1 free kick/corner tactic and expect your players to execute this routine (when you watch the games you can see your players doing this - they will not use your routine and use what i assume is a randomly generated routine )"

I assume fm/your players will still do their own "thing" on set pieces.

again apologies i misread/misremembered what he was saying

I might wait until the christmas period (in game - currently just entered November - unbeaten all comps) to get more results to share. I know people on here like to see a lot of evidence and I want to provide it.

then again my team is on fire right now so i might have the illusion of invincibility and make a thread here.

so far I have played 16 competitive matches - 14 wins 2 draws
View attachment 1093472View attachment 1093473
(the only game cropped out of this ^ schedule list was a 1-1 draw with celtic)

i can show you tactical analysis from my last 20 games played (not exactly ideal analysis as these include results from 4 friendly matches - but you can see from fixture list above Boca, River and Monaco are pretty similarly rated opposition)
View attachment 1093474
So in the last 20 games 90 goals and 18 conceded.(including one game where i tried the wb's further up the field to be proper wb's)

Used for 1745 minutes - chance every 20 minutes and a chance against every 102 minutes

anyway - sorry for the super long post - i'm just excited by these results and hope to complete a season and have enough evidence to get people to try this out.

I hope your good results continue! Have you tried with attacking mentality in some games? I was playing a test game with standart mentality and was losing 0-1 until 60 minutes, then changed to attacking and started creating chance after chance, ended wining 3-1... of course it's just one game, but looked nice...

Yeah i totally screwed up - from keysie's site

[FONT=&quot]"In the Football Manager world we are able to create up to three Routines for Throw-ins, Free kicks or Corners and I tried to create some during FM16 time and I try to create some with the new version as well."

Sorry - please don't take my incorrect statement "FM uses a rotation of 3 of your set piece routines, so you cannot just load 1 free kick/corner tactic and expect your players to execute this routine (when you watch the games you can see your players doing this - they will not use your routine and use what i assume is a randomly generated routine )"

I assume fm/your players will still do their own "thing" on set pieces.

again apologies i misread/misremembered what he was saying[/FONT]

haha no problem!

Last edited:
I hope your good results continue! Have you tried with attacking mentality in some games? I was playing a test game with standart mentality and was losing 0-1 until 60 minutes, then changed to attacking and started creating chance after chance, ended wining 3-1... of course it's just one game, but looked nice...

thank you for trying!

yes I have tried to use different mentalities, I just used standard as I was recently promoted and didn't feel confident in my players current ability compared to big teams in the league and in champions league. I noticed my cm's would get caught too far forward, especially since they are on attack duty, and wb's, even on support, would leave space for opposition wingers to open up my cb's

Now that my players are progressing very well and are fully fluid in roles/positions I will try to implement attacking or overload mentalities for certain games/scenarios

quick question: was the match you played an away game? I have had trouble securing results away from home (might be team talks/player consistency/big match ratings) and have been stuck on how to get results away from home.

here are the results from the end of last season

View attachment 114232

Losses away Hull (EFL cup), Man City, PSG (champions league), Southampton and Man United (champions league)
Draws away Inter (champions) and Tottenham

I wasn't sure if it was due to injuries/poor rotation but this tactic clearly can be improved away from home.

Last edited:

View attachment 1093469

whoa those through ball numbers are crazy... I would kill for a killer ball tactic! I've been playing Crossing Manager for the last two years (this year is near post edition) and now when I see a goal scored from crosses in real life I just stop watching...

can you elaborate a bit on attributes required for positions, esp the CM's - they need some defensive attributes or they're mostly runners/passers/playmakers? thanks!

quick question: was the match you played an away game? I have had trouble securing results away from home (might be team talks/player consistency/big match ratings) and have been stuck on how to get results away from home.
It was a home game, against a very defensive team that scored an early goal.

Back