Tactics from differant forums {around the world}

• Thread starter Thread starter cragswfc
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 2M
Hey mate, not playing much so far this year, I have two saves going, one with the Crazy 433 Barca tactic and another with TFF Vortex. The Crazy one is exciting but not reliable, and TFF's is reliable but not exciting... still searching for a tactic that scores a lot and is reliable at the same time...

Have you seen xper's tactic? I don't know if it will be high scoring but people seem to be saying it's giving them good results.

Have you seen xper's tactic? I don't know if it will be high scoring but people seem to be saying it's giving them good results.
I have but I didn't test it for more than one game... too many tactics, too little time... if you try, please share your results.

In your opinion guys, what is the better set up to attacking corners to this update 17.2?

I think I found the best tactic for the 17.2 patch, from Portugal this gem
[FM 2017] kautaS 4_2_3_1 - Clube Manager Portugal (FM2017)

Started playing with it in the Udinese game, won all games except vs Inter where I was 2-0 up and my team did a harakiri in the last 30 minutes and conceeded...... all games I was better than the opponent, only change I made was turned the f9 into CF-S

View attachment 114146

Last edited:
Please let me know how it works in Brazil against defensive teams galego25 has brought up how this tactic struggled with standard mentality when he played against a defensive team but had better results switching to attacking mentality. I have had better results this season away from home and against bigger teams since most of my players are fluid in the tactic but as always will look for ways i can improve

I tested it in another game (this time an away cup game) and, coincidence or not, something very similar happened: I was losing 1x2 until de 65 min, switched to attacking, and ended winning 4x3 on extra time.

I guess a top team will score for fun using this on attacking mentality.

Well. The enganche can be a real mastermind if there is a lot of movement around him(which there is in your tactic). The advanced playmaker is more "tweakable" to operate defensively and can be told to run into channels for instance. The enganche is great if you have a rather slow player who you dont want to lose possesion because of dribbling

Yes Soffyroad and this have alot in common relying heavily on through balls as they both are strikerless and wingerless. Its awesome that they work great in that area. Makes interesting football.

Its awesome that it worked out great! Killer tactic and very consistent.

finally lost vs southampton
View attachment 114139
the whole team was ****. I couldn't even blame the the referee for giving me the fix (he got a 10.0 match rating - don't think i've ever noticed/seen that before)

Through 12 games currently 9-2-1 still top of the table but arsenal is very close trailing by only 1 point.

since my undefeated streak came to an end i wanted to try a out an engache. I plugged it in,(ap position) no tinkering with PI's or any team instructions. Next game on the list was a home game against 2nd place Arsenal...

View attachment 114138 View attachment 114137
haha it worked like a charm. I will play it out with the enganche and post results later (hopefully in my own thread). Maybe i can get better results away from home with an engache.
Weirdly the the engache, angel correa, got on the end of 2 crossed goals from my fullbacks - crossed goals are pretty rare in this tactic and might just have been a fluke. Even weirder is the fact that I won 4-0 with 2 tap-ins from correa and generated 0 CCC's. This formation is usually a CCC machine I'll chalk it up to the weirdness of FM

I tested it in another game (this time an away cup game) and, coincidence or not, something very similar happened: I was losing 1x2 until de 65 min, switched to attacking, and ended winning 4x3 on extra time.

I guess a top team will score for fun using this on attacking mentality.

Yeah that is odd but encouraging attacking mentality is working out for you. I'm going to do some tinkering in cup matches or schedule friendlies mid season to see if i can find some tweaks for away games.

I just tried out a game using a suggestion from Martino. I changed the AP to an engache and smashed arsenal 4-0 (i was home but the game was after my first loss of the season) The enganche had 2 goals (from crosses form fullbacks - weird for this tactic) and helped open up space for the cm's to make runs from deep.

I didn't make any changes to team instructions/mentality or player instructions when making the AP an Enganche so just plug it in if you want to give it a try.

finally lost vs southampton
View attachment 1093577
the whole team was ****. I couldn't even blame the the referee for giving me the fix (he got a 10.0 match rating - don't think i've ever noticed/seen that before)

Through 12 games currently 9-2-1 still top of the table but arsenal is very close trailing by only 1 point.

since my undefeated streak came to an end i wanted to try a out an engache. I plugged it in,(ap position) no tinkering with PI's or any team instructions. Next game on the list was a home game against 2nd place Arsenal...

View attachment 1093578 View attachment 1093579
haha it worked like a charm. I will play it out with the enganche and post results later (hopefully in my own thread). Maybe i can get better results away from home with an engache.
Weirdly the the engache, angel correa, got on the end of 2 crossed goals from my fullbacks - crossed goals are pretty rare in this tactic and might just have been a fluke. Even weirder is the fact that I won 4-0 with 2 tap-ins from correa and generated 0 CCC's. This formation is usually a CCC machine I'll chalk it up to the weirdness of FM

I've found that an enganche work kinda like a target man with vision so he does get a lot of chances in the box as well.

Has anyone else tried Knaps tactic that he has posted on SI Forums???, I have and they are doing quite well for me , maybe i will message him to post them here !! ??

Has anyone else tried Knaps tactic that he has posted on SI Forums???, I have and they are doing quite well for me , maybe i will message him to post them here !! ??

Whattactics?? 3-4-3 or3-4-1-2?Iwonttry,butidon't know what of these two

Yeah that is odd but encouraging attacking mentality is working out for you. I'm going to do some tinkering in cup matches or schedule friendlies mid season to see if i can find some tweaks for away games.

I just tried out a game using a suggestion from Martino. I changed the AP to an engache and smashed arsenal 4-0 (i was home but the game was after my first loss of the season) The enganche had 2 goals (from crosses form fullbacks - weird for this tactic) and helped open up space for the cm's to make runs from deep.

I didn't make any changes to team instructions/mentality or player instructions when making the AP an Enganche so just plug it in if you want to give it a try.

Use team talk and Do you have a link so that I can translate them

Back