Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

If you save the tactic the Player instuctions will change aswell yes.@rossgomes

Conor clifford - B2B - Support
Carl Fletcher - Centre Mid - Defend @pafclad

Yo, people! I got several small questions:

1) How important is Decisions attribute and in what kind of team mentality is it crucial? I can guess that midfielders need it if they are playing in a high tempo and are unable to hold up ball in order to borrow time to take the right decision? Same question for Balance attribute - what exactly does it mean? Controll over the ball?
2) In the Opposing Team Instructions how do you decide whom to give Tight Marking, Closing Down, Hard Tackling and Attack weaker foot? My guess is Tight marking for creative and technically skilled enemy players, Closing Down for enemy players with low Concentration and low technial skills, Hard Tackling for enemy dribblers and Attack weaker foot for enemy players with high technique? Is this right?

17m to spend at Arsenal, playing a 4-2-3-1 - any suggestions who to buy?? i have not signed anyone btw, so it is the current team they have now .....

1) How important is Decisions attribute and in what kind of team mentality is it crucial? I can guess that midfielders need it if they are playing in a high tempo and are unable to hold up ball in order to borrow time to take the right decision? Same question for Balance attribute - what exactly does it mean? Controll over the ball?
2) In the Opposing Team Instructions how do you decide whom to give Tight Marking, Closing Down, Hard Tackling and Attack weaker foot? My guess is Tight marking for creative and technically skilled enemy players, Closing Down for enemy players with low Concentration and low technial skills, Hard Tackling for enemy dribblers and Attack weaker foot for enemy players with high technique? Is this right?

For your first question, please refer to this thread, http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f103/what-attributes-each-position-requires-t51820.html
Thanks.

1. Decision is always important because of they need to make a correct decision in seconds of time. It may not be listed as an important attribute when you select a role for player, but still it is important. It is not all about what you said about borrowing the time, but it is also about making a correct one. I am sure you don't want a player whose long shots attribute is 9 that decides to shoot from 40 yard at 5 minutes after second half starts.
Balance is... balance. I don't know how to describe it, but if you can stand with one feet for one minute, then you have better balance than me who can't do that.

2. I.. dont know...

Is there any good way to mange bale becuase isint Working for me. if there is any special instructions i tell him?

How do I set a player to have the free role? Is it more than just selecting roam from position?

i read somewhere on the forum about the nike defense, where could i read about that system and other systems like that?

i assume this has been asked before, but when you get a next oppo report do you ever change your style to suit like if they have a narrow pitch or to counter the oppo's playing style (like if they play a direct style)

Hello all
i have just installed new patch on FM 2011 and i just need to know were can i put the downloaded tactics ??

So i can try them out since in tactics folder doesnt seems to be working?

Please help me out

Hello all
i have just installed new patch on FM 2011 and i just need to know were can i put the downloaded tactics ??

So i can try them out since in tactics folder doesnt seems to be working?

Please help me out

Assuming your on a PC

Put the tactics onto My Doc/SI/FM11/tactics. Just make sure that the extension is .tac and its not .rar, then you have to unrar it with winrar. If you don't have a folder called tactics, just go inside the game, make a tactic and save it, then the folder will appear

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 PM ----------

i assume this has been asked before, but when you get a next oppo report do you ever change your style to suit like if they have a narrow pitch or to counter the oppo's playing style (like if they play a direct style)

I make small changes to suit extreme conditions

Example

. If we play in a very long pitch, I lower my d-line and play more direct( if not already playing with a deep d-line and a direct game that is). If playing in a very narrow field, I let the wingers have a free role and I never give them hold up ball as they will otherwise struggle to find space and have lesser time on the ball before being closed down

Is there any point in this thread? It's just question after question with no answers.

How do I set a player to have the free role? Is it more than just selecting roam from position?

Is there any point in this thread? It's just question after question with no answers.

Firsty, I dont agree with that. Have a look at the htread again and you will find that the answer ration is pretty high

Anyway, if all users started new threads about any small subject, the threads where they actually could find the information would sink so deep that it would be impossible to find. At one point last year, there were 25 new threads each day about small, small subjects but as always, if someone comes up with a better idea, then will will go for it

You also have to remember that many users have not played the game long enough to be able to answer all questions.

About the free role. The instruction is roaming but you also have to make sure that he has the opportunity to find any space.

Example: If you have a AMC on free role, he will seek free space away from his central position, but if the opposition is using 2 DMCs and play with a high d-line, then he will not be able to find that space or he might fail to find the space simply because their is no other movement in your team to open up space for him. Therefor, I like to combine roaming players with players moving into channels and players sitting deeper with no forward runs that act like decoys, dragging the opponents into them

Edit

Last edited: