Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

When playing completely narrow, you will give away a lot of space down the flanks and if the opponents are moving up-field as a unit, then they will have no problem holding possession in wide positions, dragging your players out of position.

Basically, you are playing an extreme type of football, looking for short passing all the time and extremely narrow, all this within a narrow formation. I suspect that whilst the tactic gets you results, its probably more down to the players rather than the approach and when you come up against teams that take advantage against the flaws of your tactic, the players skills just is not enough.

I guess you're right and i kind of realise that. But i play my full-backs as wingbacks who hug the touchline so they kind of make up for the lack of width i'm hoping. Well my results have improved markedly since i started using this and i no longer get outplayed at grounds like Emirates and Old Trafford and usually control these matches. I realise the tactic is a bit extreme and needs tweaking but i thought i'd leave it as it is till the season end as long as as results are okay. So far its been 33 W 5D 1L. 77 For 17 Against

Whenever we have an attacking throw in, every single player I have goes forward, despite me explicitly telling players to stay back. This means the opposition are able to simply leave a man on halfway, and if they are able to clear, he's got at least a 20 yard headstart over any of my players. Does anyone have ANY idea why they do this?

Whenever we have an attacking throw in, every single player I have goes forward, despite me explicitly telling players to stay back. This means the opposition are able to simply leave a man on halfway, and if they are able to clear, he's got at least a 20 yard headstart over any of my players. Does anyone have ANY idea why they do this?

Screen shot of your throw-in instructions?

for match preparations, once the blue bar is all filled up for all the areas, is there any point setting the training level for match preparations more than 'very low' ?

i want to start a thread because i have a interesting idea for a little project on fm11 how do i do that do i need to be a premium member or is their just an option i cnt find???? sorry if im being a dumbass

i want to start a thread because i have a interesting idea for a little project on fm11 how do i do that do i need to be a premium member or is their just an option i cnt find???? sorry if im being a dumbass
Lol a bit off topic, but I think you have to have a certain number of posts before (25 I think) you can make threads... But I'm not 100% sure.

BTW nice name... ;)

Call me a ******.. how do I create a training schedule? :S

My question is:
is it important to lower the training if some players are complaining it's too exhausting? every 4-5 days when I open my assistent's tips it says that some of my players think the training is too hard for them. What do you guys do then? Should I ignore it or change it? My training level is set to medium... wouldn't it be too 'easy' if I lower it even more?
looking forward to ur answers, thx in advance!

How do i use my downloaded tactics? i've put them in my tactics folder and started a new game and they are not in the archived tactics section? please help nobody is replying haha thanks

How do i use my downloaded tactics? i've put them in my tactics folder and started a new game and they are not in the archived tactics section? please help nobody is replying haha thanks

go to manage tactics & upload

I just downloaded the NN skin as I really enjoyed the skin skin in FM10 but this is messed up. So my first question is how do I make a screenshots? And I can´t access the preferences screen because there is no FM button so is there a shortcut for that?

ok thanks i best get posting then cz i wanna start my thread. oh and thanks on the name microsoft didn't like it that much tho they made me change my xbox live tag they said it was offensive!!(6) :S

My question is:
is it important to lower the training if some players are complaining it's too exhausting? every 4-5 days when I open my assistent's tips it says that some of my players think the training is too hard for them. What do you guys do then? Should I ignore it or change it? My training level is set to medium... wouldn't it be too 'easy' if I lower it even more?
looking forward to ur answers, thx in advance!

Yea, i make a new schedule specifically for them with intensity lowered a few notches until they are content:)

Hey TBH, was just wondering what the point would be of playing an AMC as an inside forward and under what circumstances it could work? Would it suit a 4-2-3-1 with bothe wide players as inside forwards too?

Hello everybody,I'm having a small problem playing Man City with a deep 4-5-1 (2DM, 1AMC in a support role, 2Wingers in attack role.) With the huge Man City transfer budgets I've had over the last seasons(I'm halfway the 4th season) I've been able to buy loads of stars and everything is going pretty well, except that I can't seem to get my strikers to get a decent amount of goals.

In the attacking midfield I've been able to ****** up Cristiano Ronaldo, Eden Hazard, Jack Wilshere, Alexis Sanchez, Paulo Henrique and I've kept Silva and Milner.

As a striker which I play as a deep lying forward or complete forward in a support role I've got Dzeko, Lukaku and Paloschi.

My strikers seem to be only scoring goals on set pieces and hardly any when getting alone in front of goal (which happens a lot.) Now I know they're playing in a support role and they will be scoring less than in attack roles, it's just that all my midfielders seem to be scoring way more and the assists aren't even coming from the strikers but from other midfielders.

Is there any way I could tweak my striker's instructions (preferably for dzeko in a complete forward support role) a little bit so they'll start banging them in more? I've been thinking about dropping them a bit deeper, but my AMC (also in support role) seems to be playing higher than my striker already...

Hello everybody,I'm having a small problem playing Man City with a deep 4-5-1 (2DM, 1AMC in a support role, 2Wingers in attack role.) With the huge Man City transfer budgets I've had over the last seasons(I'm halfway the 4th season) I've been able to buy loads of stars and everything is going pretty well, except that I can't seem to get my strikers to get a decent amount of goals.

In the attacking midfield I've been able to ****** up Cristiano Ronaldo, Eden Hazard, Jack Wilshere, Alexis Sanchez, Paulo Henrique and I've kept Silva and Milner.

As a striker which I play as a deep lying forward or complete forward in a support role I've got Dzeko, Lukaku and Paloschi.

My strikers seem to be only scoring goals on set pieces and hardly any when getting alone in front of goal (which happens a lot.) Now I know they're playing in a support role and they will be scoring less than in attack roles, it's just that all my midfielders seem to be scoring way more and the assists aren't even coming from the strikers but from other midfielders.

Is there any way I could tweak my striker's instructions (preferably for dzeko in a complete forward support role) a little bit so they'll start banging them in more? I've been thinking about dropping them a bit deeper, but my AMC (also in support role) seems to be playing higher than my striker already...
Try playing him as a poacher? he should score more in that goal

having trouble selling players..

Any tips on selling players????