Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

i was wondering if it was better to have older, more experienced players taking penalties in a shootout even if a younger player has a better penalty rating?

I've been knocked out of 3 semi finals on penalties and all my players missed, yet in regular matches all my penalties have been scored.

wes older players are better

just trying to think about what tactic would be better for the summer transfer update for spurs. either the 4-4-2 with a midfield of bale, modric, parker, lennon and defoe and adebayor up front. of the 4-3-3- with parker, modric and VDV in midfield and bale, lennon and adebayor up front.

any ideas anyone?

whos is the best 4-5-1 / 4-1-2-2-1 / 4-3-3 tactic whichever one you wanna call it you know what im on about? :) also link please?

I've got a few questions:

If I have an MC set to run from deep - sometimes, with wide play - move into channels, how does setting his crossing to deep effect the way he plays? does it effect his passing further up the pitch?

Is it better to leave the 'hold up ball' setting as 'yes' for a deep lying forward (when playing a counter attacking tactic)? or does it slow the play down too much? Does it also effect the players willingness to play a through ball?

Thanks in advance ;)

I've got a few questions:

If I have an MC set to run from deep - sometimes, with wide play - move into channels, how does setting his crossing to deep effect the way he plays? does it effect his passing further up the pitch?

Is it better to leave the 'hold up ball' setting as 'yes' for a deep lying forward (when playing a counter attacking tactic)? or does it slow the play down too much? Does it also effect the players willingness to play a through ball?

Thanks in advance ;)

if you set his crossing from deep, when he gets into a position (depending on your striking set-up) that allows him to make an early cross, he will :) if his decisions are above 13 or so you won't have much of a problem, I always set my Cm's crossing to never anyway, but always select deep :)

leave it on, with high composure, passing and creativity it allows him the time to make the correct pass, if you feel that he is losing possession to many times while holding on to it, change it. if you have through balls set to often it wont effect his passing that much :) just keep an eye on him and if he is not doing what you say, change certain PI's

if you set his crossing from deep, when he gets into a position (depending on your striking set-up) that allows him to make an early cross, he will :) if his decisions are above 13 or so you won't have much of a problem, I always set my Cm's crossing to never anyway, but always select deep :)

leave it on, with high composure, passing and creativity it allows him the time to make the correct pass, if you feel that he is losing possession to many times while holding on to it, change it. if you have through balls set to often it wont effect his passing that much :) just keep an eye on him and if he is not doing what you say, change certain PI's

Thanks for the quick reply :)

I just didn't want to effect my players passing range, his media comparison said he was the new Riquelme!

if I set his runs from deep as often (as long as I leave my other MC's runs to rarely) my 4-3-3 should still remain solid right? (its a counter attacking tactic).

yeah, except my midfield 3 look more defensive than yours do look in that thread
(DMC (anchorman) - D, MCR - S, MCL - S (but with runs from deep often now)

My tactic is set to stand off more, its pretty basic but its been working pretty well so far (just gradually adjusting it).

Hello, I have a small question! ;) I have just got the Ghana Job and I wanted to know what tactical setup people would use with them. I was thinking 4-1-3-2. But im not sure with the starting strategy and philosophy.

Thanks in advance.

if you change the PI of a player does it matter what role you have set the player ? eg target man support but the PI is more like a poacher or trequista (very attacking high freedom and dribbles alot)

if you change the PI of a player does it matter what role you have set the player ? eg target man support but the PI is more like a poacher or trequista (very attacking high freedom and dribbles alot)
yes it does, you cannot ask Necid or Zigic to play like Welbeck even though their role is set at Target Man, it has to compliment each other otherwise it is pointless and innefectual, you will get worse performances out of those players if you attempt that...

you can tweak them a little so instead of the Tm playing normal wide movement, you can ask him to move into channels and run with ball sometimes etc...

get my drift? :)

Hello, I have a small question! ;) I have just got the Ghana Job and I wanted to know what tactical setup people would use with them. I was thinking 4-1-3-2. But im not sure with the starting strategy and philosophy.

Thanks in advance.
play 4-3-3 :) use this tactic here if you want, it all depends on who you play mate :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ng/65421-raikan007s-perfect-4-3-3-tactic.html

How do I get my best players to score more? For example rooney and torres wil score about 30 if not more goals more than often when AI is playing with them but for me it's next to impossible to get some to score more tha 20 goals in a season. How should I set up the play for my best players so that they would receive the ball more often in a goal scoring position rather than position where the have to pass or try long shots. Should I play the main scorer as a target man or how should I make the midfield and other striker play. For example playing with Chelsea. After 15 games Anelka 7 goals Torres 6 goals and JOHN TERRY 6 goals ... It's nice that Terry is scoring but I'd like that Torres would be the one scoring goals and Terry defending own goal.

its not just about the players mate, its about the team, your strikers are not going to score if your other players are not giving them the oppurtunities/chances :)

its total football that allows your strikers to score goals, not luck or anything else...

what tactic are you using?

its not just about the players mate, its about the team, your strikers are not going to score if your other players are not giving them the oppurtunities/chances :)

its total football that allows your strikers to score goals, not luck or anything else...

what tactic are you using?
Yes I know it's cause my team can't play the ball at right time to right place for the players I want to score the goals.
I play 4-1-2-1-2 most often with Torres as adv. forward, drogba as complete fwd-support, AMC is supporting one MC is attacking on is box to box and DM is defensive playmaker. Any better role settings or something to get the ball in scoring places for the best scorers?

well I do not know your tactic/approach but you could change your Amc to attacking, seems also very narrow which is not really Chelsea as they play a good 4-3-3 :)

what settings have you used for the team?

I can suggest using/looking at this tactic for quidelines :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...14-raikan007s-perfect-4-2-3-1-amc-tactic.html
Rb: Fullback automatic
Lb: Wingback automatic
Cb: Limited stopper
Cb: Normal normal
Dm: Deeplying playmaker defend
Mc: box to box
Mc: Normal attack
Amc: normal support
St: complete fwd support
St: adv fwd

balanced+Standard with more creative freedom and zonal marking otherwise normal.
(away games rigid+standard and less creative freedom and more cautios tackling)

I will take a look at that and try to figure out what is failing at the moment

i have read TBH thread about the palace project..what really amuse me is how he prepare his teams before the match...
and my question is...
how to make effective strategy in the wide or narrow pitch?..
and how to defend against pacey striker?
when our scout told us that enemy midfielder is good, what should we do? changing pass directions or combat it with more defensive minded midfielder??

i really admire the way you manage crystal palace

Playing as 4-5-1 with advanced foward in Falcao and 2 wingers Reyes and Turan, my main trio in the center of the midfield is Yann M'Vila, Joao Moutinho and Javi Martinez, just wanting some advice as to which roles they should have to create the most chances while staying safe at the back.

Yann M'Vila - Anchor man / Deep lying playmaker (defend)
Joao Moutinho - Advanced playmaker (support, maybe attack)
Javi Martinez - Central midfield (support) / BWM (support, up his creative freedom and passing range).

Check out the Tactical Synergy post, covers the 3 man midfield extensively.