Tactics & Training: The " I have a small question " thread

I just started playing with PSG and having it difficult to find any good formation for my team. My best players are Pastore (AMC), Menez (AML) and Sakho (CB), so I will be using those roles atleast. I have only one right midfield (which I had to buy... didn't have any before it) , 2 pretty good DM (other can play as MC) and one good MC. So my formation is at the moment assymmetric 4-5-1 (1DM , 1MC, 1MR , 1LW , 1AMC) and it's working okay but thats just not what i'm looking. Any other suggestions for a formation? Positions i want to use are AMC , AML , MC , DM.

Oppossing managers always say my players tend to shoot rather then walk the ball into the back of the net, which i tend to find true. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change anything so my players would walk the ball into the back of the net, thanks.

Right i use a 442 formation and was just wondering if it was a good idea to have the cm's as advanced play maker and the other as a deep lying play maker or would that leave to big a gap?

Oppossing managers always say my players tend to shoot rather then walk the ball into the back of the net, which i tend to find true. I was wondering if anyone knew how to change anything so my players would walk the ball into the back of the net, thanks.

Use advanced player instructions to set long shots to rarely on all your players.

Could someone please help me with what settings to have on my players passing to keep possession at all costs not neccessarily creating chances. I am Barcelona and i want to keep possession as high as possible. I was thinking having every players creative freedom on low as possible but then having Xavi and Iniesta's through balls on often. Would this make them keep possession until they see a definate through ball chance or would it limit the chances created. I like to think I understand the game quite well but creative freedom confuses me quite a bit and I do not see much point to not following the set game plan by increasing creative freedom as my instructions would become less useful. Am I thinking about creative freedom in the right way or am I completely wrong?

does anyone know if it's possible to make a tactic where every player passes a **** lot of passes, so a tactic where the team just passes and passes, i don't care about goals just passing around and around so a couple of players gets 100+ passes.

does anyone know if it's possible to make a tactic where every player passes a **** lot of passes, so a tactic where the team just passes and passes, i don't care about goals just passing around and around so a couple of players gets 100+ passes.
Easily, less through balls, run with ball to rarely for anyone and use slightly defensive mentalities.

Easily, less through balls, run with ball to rarely for anyone and use slightly defensive mentalities.

What about team instructions?

Those settingts didn't even give me 100 passes for one player..

Last edited:
I've been playing as Man City for a while now, but any time one of my strikers (Aguero, Tevez, Dzeko, Adebayor or Balotelli) get one-on-one they always shoot the ball against the goalkeeper. My question is: Does anybody know why this is and how I can fix it?

What about team instructions?

Those settingts didn't even give me 100 passes for one player..

If playing with Barca, I think I can recieve 150 passes for one player if not even trying to get a proper scoreline. I use classic creator, but I sometimes get 100 passes for my playmaker.

One hint to help you, do not use a single player instruction on often. This will help your players to be available for passes (run from deep often drags them away from position too much), pass the ball quickly (players with run with ball even sometimes tend to keep it much longer), look for too risky passes (through balls often might see your player to give a through ball to nobody) or waste possession (long shots and crossing should be rarely, if really wanting very high possession).

Then, mentality of wingers and midfielders in the middle of the slider, striker(s) slightly higher, defenders slightly lower. Passing through the middle, fullbacks with run from deep sometimes.

If playing with Barca, I think I can recieve 150 passes for one player if not even trying to get a proper scoreline. I use classic creator, but I sometimes get 100 passes for my playmaker.

One hint to help you, do not use a single player instruction on often. This will help your players to be available for passes (run from deep often drags them away from position too much), pass the ball quickly (players with run with ball even sometimes tend to keep it much longer), look for too risky passes (through balls often might see your player to give a through ball to nobody) or waste possession (long shots and crossing should be rarely, if really wanting very high possession).

Then, mentality of wingers and midfielders in the middle of the slider, striker(s) slightly higher, defenders slightly lower. Passing through the middle, fullbacks with run from deep sometimes.

But i meant team instructions..

Can you make a tactic with 150 passes from a player without thinking about the scoreline? hoooow? thats exactly what i want

Hi!
I am playing as Valencia. I am having some difficulties setting up my team.I think that i got a very talented squad with much flair, creativity Technique!
I want to play a 4-3-2-1
my starting 11 is:
----------Soldado----------
--Mata---Hazard--Pablo Hernandes
-----------------------------------
----A.Costa---E.Banega----

Defensive line not relevant.

How should i play to get the most of my starplayers like Mata, Hazard and Banega?
Q1. Player roles?
Q2: Playing style:

Fluid/rigid
Controlling/Offensive
Short/long passes
Creative freedom?
And so on?

But i meant team instructions..

Can you make a tactic with 150 passes from a player without thinking about the scoreline? hoooow? thats exactly what i want

And I said I use classic creator, my team instructions are in sliders, and I anyway have tweaked every slider in PI so they don't matter anyway, except tempo, time wasting and defensive line.

Just follow the instructions I gave you, slow tempo and time wasting mid-way through (altough I use it as 0). You use Barca am I right? Then just high pressing, Use your 3 midfielders next to each other (MC-MC-MC), Xavi as playmaker with roaming, run from deep rarely and through balls sometimes (or even rarely if you don't want any through balls). RUn with ball to rarely for everyone, no hold up ball instruction used. Works for me, at least if being slightly stronger team.

And I said I use classic creator, my team instructions are in sliders, and I anyway have tweaked every slider in PI so they don't matter anyway, except tempo, time wasting and defensive line.

Just follow the instructions I gave you, slow tempo and time wasting mid-way through (altough I use it as 0). You use Barca am I right? Then just high pressing, Use your 3 midfielders next to each other (MC-MC-MC), Xavi as playmaker with roaming, run from deep rarely and through balls sometimes (or even rarely if you don't want any through balls). RUn with ball to rarely for everyone, no hold up ball instruction used. Works for me, at least if being slightly stronger team.

Would you recommend that i change to the classic creator? I will try these settings today and tell what i get.

Also i want to play with a dm and two cm's if thats possible.

Last edited:
Would you recommend that i change to the classic creator? I will try these settings today and tell what i get.

Also i want to play with a dm and two cm's if thats possible.

It doesn't matter if you use the classic vs. the tactics creator. The creator is basicly to help people make their own tactics, as it has proper explanations, and to make tweaks without using the sliders.

You can use a DM and 2 CMs if wanting to replicate Barca, but 3 CMs creates a better pressing in the midfield, that is why I prefer it over CM-DM-CM midfield.

It doesn't matter if you use the classic vs. the tactics creator. The creator is basicly to help people make their own tactics, as it has proper explanations, and to make tweaks without using the sliders.

You can use a DM and 2 CMs if wanting to replicate Barca, but 3 CMs creates a better pressing in the midfield, that is why I prefer it over CM-DM-CM midfield.

Yes i'm trying to replicate barca, how do you think i should set the other two midfielders up then? the dm and the more advanced cm (busquets and iniesta)

Yes i'm trying to replicate barca, how do you think i should set the other two midfielders up then? the dm and the more advanced cm (busquets and iniesta)

Busquets with defensive mentality and everything on rarely, also less creative freedom. Iniesta with same instructions than Xavi, but 3 clicks higher mentality, run with ball sometimes and wide play move into channels.

trying to make a properly fluid front 3 (2 wingers and a striker) as all three players are completely flexible and can play on both flanks as well as up front, whats the best way to do it?

Would you mind making me that tactic that you can get 150 passes from one player with without thinking about goals. Because i want to have one and use it as a base of a barcelona tactic, so with small tweaks every match hit the perfect tactic that get 100+ passes plus goals

How can i get kenny Miller on Bursaspor to blend in, he's playing awful averaging 6.45 and on the pre match assistant manager report it says he is having problems blending in, any tips?