Sam91

Reaction score
The Pentagon Challenge

16i4o5.png

So this is it lads. After my Blackpool save crashed and is now dead I've decided to do it... The mighty Pentagon Challenge!!!!

What is The Pentagon?

Well its this, you start unemployed with a Sunday League reputation and you try to win all five continental Champions Leagues(European Champions League, South American Champions League, Asian Champions League, African Champions League and North American Champions League) in one save game. Simples.

Its basically the Ultimate Challenge. If completed you are an FM God.

So here I go lads, wish me luck. I'll probably do 3 monthly updates as monthly updates will drag it out even longer than its going to take me!!

Manager Profile

View attachment 281670

As you can see, started Unemployed and with Sunday League Rep.

Loaded Leagues

View attachment 281672

Obviously I haven't loaded up every single league as it would slow down the save hugely and my Laptop would run slower than it already does(Gonna get an Alienware soon).

Job Offers

View attachment 281673

So they're all Africa National League teams except AFC Wimbledon. I'm honestly not sure where to start, obviously England would be a good place to start as I know the leagues, players and I could work my way up moving from team to team to get to the BPL and enhance my rep making it easier to get jobs with better sides.

But on the other hand the African League really interests me too. People who have managed there before say its really interesting and a good place to start!!

Career

2012 - Present: Jamo Cosmos

Honors

2012-13 First Divison Champions

Last edited:
disappointed about Blackpool but best of luck in this

Im really looking forward to this, remember to back this one up regularly!

And i suggest taking on Europe last, this save takes a really long time and itll be a bigger challenge if you return to Europe to manage mostly regens, knowing that all the known players are either retired or too old to contribute much.

Im really looking forward to this, remember to back this one up regularly!

And i suggest taking on Europe last, this save takes a really long time and itll be a bigger challenge if you return to Europe to manage mostly regens, knowing that all the known players are either retired or too old to contribute much.
Haha will do, yeah think I will save it for last. Kinda sign off with the biggest one!!

I would go for AFC Wimbeldon

I've picked one and started. I left AFC Wimbledon and another till last, it was close..

Update probably later with the Squad and pre season :D so far really enjoying it

I would of started in the USA, their one tier system (MLS) allows you to get the first part done quicker, only issue is the transfer regulations

I would of started in the USA, their one tier system (MLS) allows you to get the first part done quicker, only issue is the transfer regulations
I started in the MLS on FM12 and hated it. Too complicated. TBH I'm loving the team I've started with so far.

I started in the MLS on FM12 and hated it. Too complicated. TBH I'm loving the team I've started with so far.
You have to do it to complete the challenge, better doing it now than later and isn't there a tutorial for it now?

He could have chosen the Mexican league instead of the MLS. Good luck I hope you didn't choose AFC Wimbledon though as starting in England seems to make it so much easier due to your rep.

You have to do it to complete the challenge, better doing it now than later and isn't there a tutorial for it now?
Rather do it when I have a better rep so I can take charge of one of the bigger clubs like LA Galaxy or NY Red Bulls.

Jomo Cosmos

2879.png

And so it begins in South Africa. I chose them as they were relegated last season from the top tier, they have some decent players and I've never managed in Africa before!!

Club Information

View attachment 281713

So we are predicted 1st which is nice, but it wont be easy by any means. Have an estimated value of just £2.4m which is quite high in South Africa. Average ticket price of £4. Rivals are Orlando Pirates and Kaizer Chiefs, the two big boys in South African football!!

Team Report

View attachment 281714

Instantly I noticed we needed full backs. Quite a bit of the squad weren't good enough but we'll go into transfers in a bit.

The Division

View attachment 281715 View attachment 281719

We're aiming to finish first but honestly I have no idea how good we are compared to the other sides, although I did arrange some friendlies against them :p

Transfers

View attachment 281721

I offload a lot of deadwood and players who don't fit into my formation. Also we were well over our wage budget and I wanted to rectify that.

Squad and Stand Out Player

View attachment 281726 View attachment 281727

Most of these players are okay. Our first team is very decent and should be good enough for this league from what I've seen. Appiah is our stand-out player and we had a lot of bids for him from bigger sides, bids as high as £300k but I rejected them as he's a very decent centre back.

Pre-Season and Cup Results

View attachment 281731

Very very good results only losing 1 game against a team in the division above us!! Good results in the First Division Cup and the friendlies inbetween them against sides in our league. I organised them purely to see what we were up against and I was impressed my team.

Next Update will be 15 games into the league which is the half-way point. Thanks for reading :D

Tickets at £4! I've never been such a fan of South African football teams!

Gutted about Blackpool, but I've always kinda wanted to see you, KLIPPYBO and W4NKER attempt this. Always have amazingly successful saves but this is the massive challenge! Good luck bud!

Gutted about Blackpool, but I've always kinda wanted to see you, KLIPPYBO and W4NKER attempt this. Always have amazingly successful saves but this is the massive challenge! Good luck bud!
Sorry about the Blackpool save I was loving it too :(. Ahh well I'm glad you are looking forward to me taking on the mighty Pentagon!!! i'm loving it so far :D

Update every 10 games sounds good? So 3 updates a season while I'm in Africa? Let me know guys :D