I've started the Pentagon Challenge - Found myself at Jomo Cosmos aswell! Thinking I might do a story, but there is a few Pentagon Challenges on the go atm and you've also started at the Cosmo's so not to sure.:L

Shame about the Blackpool save but glad to see a recognised story teller give the pentagon challenge a go. Good luck Sambo!

Shame about the Blackpool save but glad to see a recognised story teller give the pentagon challenge a go. Good luck Sambo!
Cheers mate =]
I've started the Pentagon Challenge - Found myself at Jomo Cosmos aswell! Thinking I might do a story, but there is a few Pentagon Challenges on the go atm and you've also started at the Cosmo's so not to sure.:L
Haha think they're the new New England, everyone started with them last year!! Yeah man do a story why not, only me and 1 other I think are doing a Pentagon Challenge story!! Will be good to compare

do a story ur and make it unique and different to everyones lol

September 2012 - November 2012

Jomo-Sono.jpg

Good start in the league, but its all very tight
Anyone can beat anyone in this league
Thoroughly enjoying my time in Africa so far

Results

View attachment 281953

So as you can see a very mixed bunch of results. I was honestly hoping for better than this. We kicked things off by getting knocked out of the First Division Cup, honestly not bothered about that as its the basically like the Capital One Cup. But our league form has been pretty mixed and we've lost to teams that we really shouldn't and beaten some pretty decent sides. The best game was against Roses United who are a pretty good side as your'll see from the table in a bit. But this league is just mad, The Black Aces and Santos are probably the other two best teams in the league but they've lost some mad games just like us!!!

Table

View attachment 281973

So as you can see the league is crazy tight. A couple of loses and you drop down 6 or 7 places!! I'm not too sure if its just taking shape but we are a third of the way through the season and you'd expect the league to look slightly different to this maybe with someone a few points clear at the top but its really really close.

Stand Out Player So Far

View attachment 281974

Head and shoulders above the rest of my team really, has the highest amount of assists so far in the league and always a threat down the right.

Where We Need To Improve

Centre Midfield. Without a doubt our weakest position, we have no natural quality centre mid. Something I will be addressing in the window in January. Also our defenders are getting booked way too often we've had 3 red cards in 10 games and its cost us about 5 points I reckon.

Also one of our many strikers needs to step up and start banging in some goals

Squad

View attachment 281979 View attachment 281980

As you can see we've had a few stand out players. Seneo is 37 and still bossing it at left back and has been amazing in my opinion. Our keeper Phali is also pretty decent and has actually not made any howlers like I have experienced before from other saves. Hendricks has proved to be a good signing at right back and Sono on the left wing has also been dangerous.

So let me know if you like this style of update and if you want to see anything else next time. Many thanks for reading =]

do you reckon you could post a ss of your team instructions?

Update later tonight lads got 5 more league games left should smash them out tonight probably :)

Was wondering where the Blackpool one went... Personally I think the SM challenge is harder but this will still be tricky.

Was wondering where the Blackpool one went... Personally I think the SM challenge is harder but this will still be tricky.
Save file died mate :( sorry. Yeah probably is, might have a crack at that if I ever finish this

Good luck with this; mighty hard! Intresting choice to start in Africa; suppose you won't want to be going there once you've built up rep

Good luck with this; mighty hard! Intresting choice to start in Africa; suppose you won't want to be going there once you've built up rep
Just thought it would be the easiest place to start and a great place to build up my rep.

Good luck mate - yet to see someone do it - i fancy my chances but think you have it in you!

Good luck mate - yet to see someone do it - i fancy my chances but think you have it in you!
I WILL do this!!! So pumped for it.

BTW GUYS UPDATE TOMORROW SORRY DIDN'T GET AS MUCH PLAYED TONIGHT DUE TO THE WALKING DEAD :D

November 2012 - February 2013

thomasmadigageweb.jpg

League form picks up but Santos keep on winning too :(
League starts to take shape finally
Need a stiker who can score
Orlando Pirates manager on the brink of getting sacked...

Results

View attachment 282283

So as you can see our form has been nothing short of superb. Only 1 loss and 1 draw also a win in the FA Cup. The draw against Cape Town was stupid as we dominated and I was really happy we managed to come away with something thanks to two late goals from Motha. The loss to Dynamo was annoying as we went two up but threw it away!!!

The highlight though came against Roses United, check this out:

View attachment 282284

Wow what a comeback, and just look at the match stats we fully deserved it. Absolutely dominated them. All the other games we won a fully deserved to.

Table

View attachment 282285

So as you can see we are STILL not top :( I honestly don't know how we aren't but at least we are level. I think Santos lost just 1 game in this period. Still we've all but secured ourselves a play-off spot, now here's where it gets complicated I THINK if we finish in a play-off spot we initially play whoever finish 2nd or 3rd with us and the winner of that play whoever finish 2nd from bottom in the league above us.

Stand Out Player

Bamuza Sono

View attachment 282286

Even though he's missed 3 penalties I think, he's still been really good for us down the wing.

Squad

View attachment 282287 View attachment 282288

So the same people are performing the best with Tukane and Hendricks certainly our stand-out players. The rest of the squad have been doing okay but some players will certainly be sold and we desperately need a proper striker who's going to get at least 15-20 goals a season.

Other News

So elsewhere the Orlando Pirates are sitting 6th in the Premiership and the manager is under massive pressure, I will apply for the job if it comes up as I stand my best chance of winning the Africa Champions League with them, Sundowns or Kaizer Chiefs. Honestly don't think I could do it with Jomo Cosmos. After I've done Africa I think I'll head to South America or Asia.

Last edited: