August 2013 - November 2013

JomoCosmosHSS2005.jpg

Incredible start to the league
Shitolo is a freaking boss
Pirates and Sundowns both sack their managers

Results

View attachment 282936

Wow, what a run of results. The quality isn't much of a step-up if I'm honest and my signings have done really well. My new tactic seems to be working wonders for my strikers as Motha and Sidibe finally started scoring. The Kaizer Chiefs game wasn't as tight as it looks they dominated us in fairness. As you can see a lot of 2-1 wins but it doesn't matter, what matters was the 3 points each time.

Table and Player Ratings

View attachment 282937 View attachment 282938

WOW!!!! Top of the league by 2 points. The position of the Pirates and Sundowns is shocking as I thought they'd be right up there but Ajax Cape Town and Kaizer Chiefs will probably be right up there. I'm not sure if we can maintain this position but I don't see why not.

As you can see by the Player Ratings Shitolo has bossed the league which is surprising as his stats aren't the greatest but who cares!!

Squad and New Addition

View attachment 282940 View attachment 282941 View attachment 282942

So Shitolo is head and shoulders above the rest but we do have a problem as his contract runs out at the end of the season and his wage demands are a bit high :/. As you can see not many players over the magic 7 mark but Brilliant Khuzwayo my summer signing has been amazing in goal but everyone has has been pretty average. Appiah has been massively **** and will probably be offloaded in January to free up a foreign player spot.

Mongala was signed on deadline day for £80k and has done well in the middle of the park.

Player of the Period

Gladwin Shitolo

View attachment 282944

Could it be anyone else? Ratings says it all.

Comments always appreciated, and thanks for reading lads.

Gutted Shitolo is leaving me!

You're doing incredible in the league, unlucky with the Kaizer Chiefs result at the start of the season though. Keep it up!

16 Games played in the league, should get the final 4 done so an update should be due tomorrow :)

Good luck, nice to see you faring well. On my challenge I am already in 2015, but I spent 1,5 year holidaying looking for a job. ;) It's good to see you are probably going to get to African champ. league :) I'm on my way to get to Asian one. :)
So keep scoring and winning!

Good luck, nice to see you faring well. On my challenge I am already in 2015, but I spent 1,5 year holidaying looking for a job. ;) It's good to see you are probably going to get to African champ. league :) I'm on my way to get to Asian one. :)
So keep scoring and winning!
Cheers mate, thought it was probably the best place to start. I've really enjoyed it so far :D

November 2013 - January 2014

images

Continue great form
Win the South Africa KO Cup
Can we win the league??

Results

View attachment 283227

Superb form once more. Losing only to SuperSport United who are the reigning champions. Fantastic wins over Kaizer Chiefs and Orlando Pirates in which luck seemed to shine on us with Brilliant Khuzwayo pulling off some spectacular saves, he's proven to be an absolute bargain of a signing. Great wins over Ajax Cape Town as well and of course winning the SA KO Cup with a great win over the Sundowns.

Table and Player Stats

View attachment 283229 View attachment 283230
Still top :D and I really think we can win the league this year, which is a huge achievement. Shitolo is, well ******** on everyone else in this league dominating every game. Think he's our 2nd top scorer too!!! Tukane and Sono on the wings are getting bags of assists too. Ajax Cape Town are our closest rivals but we have to play them again so that'll be where the title is decided I believe.

Squad and New Signings

View attachment 283231 View attachment 283232 View attachment 283233 View attachment 283234

So the same guys near the top. The main stays in the team are performing pretty well but Shitolo and Bethe at the back are absolutely bossing it. I signed Shongwe on a free and he will join us in the summer, a great free signing if you ask me. And Zakari was signed for a huge £120k after Appiah was sold for £160k.

Player of the Period

Brilliant Khuzwayo

View attachment 283235

He's been, well brilliant. Saved us so many times in games, I dunno what it is about him but he's just sooo good for me. We wouldn't be where we are if it wasn't for him.

Thanks again everyone for reading, should smash out a few more games tonight and maybe the end of season update will be tomorrow!!

I'll be following you! Now that I understood how the Pentagonn Challenge works... Well, it's a massive task. :)

Sorry no updates lads, will crack one out this week :D

Massively struggling for motivation lads, kinda hit me how long this is gonna take. Thinking of maybe starting another story, I'll keep the save and post on this thread if there's anything new. Maybe Southampton again? Or maybe Real Sociedad? Sevilla? Please comment.

Massively struggling for motivation lads, kinda hit me how long this is gonna take. Thinking of maybe starting another story, I'll keep the save and post on this thread if there's anything new. Maybe Southampton again? Or maybe Real Sociedad? Sevilla? Please comment.

How about a German third division side? i have not seen many German lower league... If any actually.

Although if Spain was your prefered choice i think Getafe would be a good challenge

How about a German third division side? i have not seen many German lower league... If any actually.

Although if Spain was your prefered choice i think Getafe would be a good challenge
Maybe Mochengladbach? I honestly want a team where I can sign and develop young players, thats what I love about FM and its not what the Pentagon Challenge is about which is why I'm a bit bored of it :/ bad because I loved it at first its just got a bit stale for me

Maybe Pompey, like this post for Pompey

Absolutely gutted! Loved following your progress, but I have to agree, developing and signing players for the long term is what I like doing on FM too! Anyway, I'll follow your new story