Jomo Cosmos secure Play-Off spot

Image5x.jpg

Jomo Cosmos have today secured a play-off spot. Rookie manager Sam Birch has done a fantastic job in his first steps in his career leading last seasons relegated side well having been in a constant battle with Santos Football Club for the National First Division title. With six games left to go the title is still up for grabs with both clubs still in contention.

Mr Birch had this to say:

''Yes I am obviously happy to secure a play-off spot but we must not get complacent and keep pushing for the title as I would clearly rather win the title than have to go through the stress of the Play-Offs. I think I've done well considering my background and experience but the lads have been great at times and deserve credit. Now we must push on a continue our great form in the last six matches to wrap up the title and then start planning for next year.''

End of season update tonight lads :D

Nice! Keep it rolling man. what do you reckon? African CL in 2016? At this rate, and with a little luck,it looks like you're odds on!

Good luck matey - I think you should only move to Europe when Bilbao becomes available lol - nothing better than winning the Champions League with them!

Apart from Newcastle of course.............................

Thanks everyone, was set to complete the season last night but I was so ****** off with the Chelsea result and distracted by Helen Flanagan on I'm A Celebrity I didn't get round to finishing it. Just 2 games left then I'll post the update :D

March 2013 - June 2013

Jomo-Cosmos.jpg

Fail to score a single goal in my final 4 matches
Porm form could cost us title
Tempted to apply for New York Red Bulls but decide not to

Results

View attachment 282573

So probably our worst period. We did manage to beat Santos which was the big match then lost to them in an FA Cup thriller but I wasn't fussed about that as promotion was my only focus. But failure to score in our final 4 matches really cost us and could throw away the title... lets look at the table.

View attachment 282574

YES!!!! Champions, our poor form was matched by Santos' too, they were ****** awful dropping points everywhere and that secured our title win.

Squad

View attachment 282575 View attachment 282576

So Tukane was the pick of the bunch along with Shitolo. Shitolo has been immense lately and Phali has impressed me over the season keeping 11 clean sheets and as you could see from the table we easily had the best defence in the league. I singed the two players at the bottom of the list on free's but they can't be registered till next season.

Division Player Ratings

View attachment 282577

As you can see no-one really stood out other than Tukane, Phali did do well in goal but is 34 and will need replacing. Bamuza Sono had his moments but did go hiding in certain games.

Player of the Season

View attachment 282578

Good to see Tukane recognised for his efforts.

Manager of the Season

View attachment 282580

Woop :D first season and first personal award

Jomo Cosmos Player of the Season

Tshidiso Tukane

View attachment 282581

Done consistently well all season and provided many goals for the team

End of Season Recap

So we done what we had set out to do, achieved promotion. But this team needs huge improvements especially up front as none of my strikers really got firing this year. Also we need a new keeper, and maybe a classy centre midfield. But the budget will be tiny due to the teams financial worries, I don't think I'll stay with the Cosmos much longer, they're a team I do enjoy but they aren't capable of winning the Africa Champions League.

So I hope everyone enjoyed my first season of the mighty Pentagon Challenge, we are well on our way and couldn't have hoped for a better first season.

I was playing January with Cadiz, then saw Helen's rack and got distracted too.

Good job so far...... love the name Shitolo

I was playing January with Cadiz, then saw Helen's rack and got distracted too.

Good job so far...... love the name Shitolo
Unbelievable rack, yeah hes been a bit of a squad player but was great in the last period of the season

Red Bulls must have been very tempting indeed... Think I would have taken it to be honest. Congrats on winning the League, great job!

Red Bulls must have been very tempting indeed... Think I would have taken it to be honest. Congrats on winning the League, great job!
Yeah but there was no garuntee id get it.

Pre-Season Update on the way lads :D

Season 2

Pre Season 2013/14

TL_640025.jpg

Transfers

So we had to make that step up, the difference in class is huge. We had some ageing players who were on mad wages and a lot of deadwood. I was handed just £42k transfer budget which is basically **** all. Anyway here's what I did:

View attachment 282649

Ins

Did really quite well here. Brilliant Khuzwayo is a decent keeper whos young and has loads of potential. Everyone else is better than what I had anyway but Moleko is a quality fullback and will be key.

Outs

Now this needed to be done. The club was struggling massively finance wise and these players weren't good enough or just weren't in my plans. Think we did really well to make a lot of money and we've actually improved the squad quite a lot.

Squad

View attachment 282650

There will be a lot of rotation this year but Sidibe needs to step up as our key striker, Appiah needs to improve or will be shipped off and one of our centre mids needs to improve. As you can see I've changed our formation to try and score some more goals, but might change it back if we start leaking to many at the back.

Pre-Season Results

View attachment 282651

Pretty decent pre season considering I let my assistant take charge, the key game was against Uni of Pretoria who will be battling against relegation with. I'm hoping with these results behind us we can push on and make a good start.

Once again I'll update every 10 matches for you guys, and thanks for all the support!!

I'll be following this closely, great format and amazing start! Can't wait to see how you do in the top league.

What is this I see? 5 stars no less!!!!! That be my territory boy........................

lol

Well done mate on the rating

What is this I see? 5 stars no less!!!!! That be my territory boy........................

lol

Well done mate on the rating
Cheers buddy, and thanks everyone for rating the thread :D

Cheeky update, Orlando Pirates HAVE sacked their manager.... but I'm not going to apply. Your'll see why in the next update :D

Cheers buddy, and thanks everyone for rating the thread :D

Cheeky update, Orlando Pirates HAVE sacked their manager.... but I'm not going to apply. Your'll see why in the next update :D

I can guess, and it begins in rele and ends in gated...