Taking over Manchester 1 league at a Time

Sky Bet Championship April

Totally failure here readers I'm afraid, I got a little excited and played a few games over night as I was so close to the end of the season. However I clicked a few extra times and it reset the month losing the last 6 results before I had time to write them down :(.

The amazing bit we went on an unbeaten run through April. Nottingham Forrest make a slip up and only manage 2 wins and a draw from there 5, Newcastle lose a couple as well and by the last game of the season it loos like this

View attachment 266764
For me NOT to get automatic promotion there would need to be a 15 GOAL swing so effectively I believe I'm playing for the top spot against Newcastle. What a season. As I said earlier if you are controlling the top 4 spots in Average Ratings and Assists you always have a chance of winning the prospective lead. If I had the leading scorer as well then I'd say we'd of been the top team. BUT we are close. So effectively if we WIN, Newcastle lose we're champions. A draw for Newcastle and we WIN and I think we win on Goal Difference. Anything Else and I'll be 2nd.

As it was both ourselves and Newcastle win our LAST games, **** me I'm promoted to the Premier League. 6 Seasons this is the 1st time I'm not Champions BUT frankly WHO cares. I'm instantly given a BOOST

15 Million to Spend
Wage Increase to 300K

The Board Decide to do more Improvements so its another season at Bolton's Ground but with a 22,000 Capacity we might be able to fill it

I quickly hit the transfer trail and look to boost my squad

View attachment 266763

11 Million Spent ........ Just 405K brought back in revenge for all the years the board have made me scrimp and save.

Apologies for you all if you read this religiously about the last 6 results and end of season squad list... I was so shocked at 1am this morning that the games went my way I forgot to take them :) and couldnt roll the game back to list them.

Season 7 Preview Premier League
What a Journey so far HUH! who would of thought in just 7 years the might FC United would be able to go head to head with both big brothers of Manchester. Last Seasons Humbling 5-0 to Utd in the FA Cup Semi-Final was a little worrying BUT hopefully with the players I've brought in maybe this wont be as bad this time round.

View attachment 266759
Straight into the starting line up will be a New Keeper, Left Back, Defensive Midfielder, and a Striker, the rest with start on the bench or just of the squad. The important thing here is I've ADD depth to the squad this season we wont have an empty bench cause we dont have strength in depth.

View attachment 266756
Bailkowski, IS brought in from QPR i was thinking as cover for Nicholls but I'm going to give him the starting spot at least for the 1st few games

View attachment 266755
Husband will control my Left Side, he has a good engine and will run all day, I also hope with his crossing and passing to see a few assists by the end of the season. My biggest buy 3.5Million from Championship Side Derby

View attachment 266753
Rabia my holding, sitting anchor Defensive Midfielder, effectively my most important role in the system I play. If the other team over run this position then I lose more games than I win and he will effectively be the new Makelele

What the Board and Bookies think

Board Expect survive relegation
FA Cup 5th Rnd
Capital Cup 3rd Rnd

ERM the Bookies dont give us a hope in ****

View attachment 266752

The Bookies give us odds 1000-1 to win it heheheh well I wont argue much with that.

Barclays Premier League Season 7 August

August starts with an 11th hour sale and purchase, we get an amazing offer for a 1st 11 player which I have to accept however it gives me the power to bring in 2 more players in exchange. In the league we start with a difficult away trip to Spurs, The month ends with 1 defeat and 3 wins. The noticeable thing EVERY time we appear on TV we lose. THIS needs to change and quickly.

View attachment 266734
Helander had two great seasons with us dominating in both Sky Lge 1 and the Championship, but I was already a little nervous of him for the Premier League.

View attachment 266732
So once the offer came in for him, purchased for 200K and CASH offer 8million up front with top ups possible taking it to 9.75 Million well it was a no brainer and I already had one eye on a replacement.

View attachment 266728
Andre ex Liverpool my numbers of ex Liverpool players is increasing. Andre joins Williams, Trinkett-Smith and Oneto as ex Liverpool players. My idea is to play Andre at CB with Ross for at least a season maybe two, then when Lichaj retires or passes 33 move Andre out to the right and look for a replacement.

View attachment 266725
At the same time I noticed Man City had this kid up for for loan and with 50% salary match I think he will make a good foil with Oneto to lead the attack.

Fixtures

Tottenham 2 - 1 FC United (TV Game)
Trinkett-Smith

Trinkett scores a wonder free kick live on TV, but we still go down to defeat from a strong spurs side. I do notice a couple of things we could tweak though, and I'm not totally depressed by the result.

FC United 3 - 0 Newcastle
Lussey
Oneto
Seager

Well boom Newcastle last years Championship winners are given a royal drubbing at the hands of the 2000-1 outsiders for the league. If we can get a few more games like this I wont be worried about relegation.

FC United 5 - 0 Port Vale Capital One Cup 2nd Rnd
Lussey (2)
Neneca
Oneto
Ross

Wisdom and Simonson make there debuts Nicholls goes in net for this one I was intending to play him just in the cup games but he also saves a penalty, maybe I should give him a few premiership games. Neneca my young brazilian kid I also played really well and I consider giving him a Premier League debut as well

Crystal Palace 0 - 4 FC United
Lussey
Neneca
Oneto
Trinkett-Smith

Last game of the month and most impressive we went 4 nil up by half time and I was able to make some changes in the 2nd half. The team look quite good at the moment. after 3 league game.

View attachment 266712
Eckkkkkkkkk how giddy can one get .... Tooked in behind Big Brother City, ahead of Man Utd and just nudging the top .. OK Ok Ok its only 3 games but hey we can dream. HOWEVER remember what I said about controlling the Average Ratings well we already have 3 players sat in that list.

Last edited:
Barclays Premier League Season 7 September

September the warm weather as usual helps us play our on the floor football fast and attacking we have an amazing unbeaten month, twice on tv and losing neither the hoodoo voodoo is broken and I end the month feeling reasonable happy. Looking further ahead October takes us on a visit to one of the Big Brother Manchester City.

Fixtures

FC United 3 - 3 Southampton (TV Game)
Trinkett-Smith
Simonsen
Rabia

Trinkett scores another wonder free kick live on TV, and this time we hang on to secure the draw in front of the home fans nice game

FC United 1 - 1 Hull

Simonsen

Arghhh frustrating back to the demons of old, 1 nil up into the last 5 minutes and we let them back in to score dash it

FC United 5 - 0 Norwich Capital One Cup 3nd Rnd

Simonsen
C Thomas

Oneto (3 Inc Pen)

5 Goals again in the Capital One maybe this will be our season Norwich were just never at the races

Leeds 2 - 4 FC United (TV Game)
C Thomas
Seagar (2)
Wisdom

3rd TV game of the season and wow we were awesome, 2 nil down inside 30 mins we turn up the tempo in the 2nd half and leeds just can't stay with us and tick tick boom is an unbeaten month

View attachment 266548
4th were sat in 4th just one defeat in 6 games and that's 1/7th of the season done, I'm happy I think 16 Scored 8 Conceded not so bad, 3 players in my favourite assists list things are lookin good so far

YOU MADE IT! brilliant work mate and great transfer dealings there and a great start to life in the Prem! even though its only the start....you are above Man United! lol

Congrats on reading the Prem. Some good signings as well! Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I downloaded the tactic and been experimenting on a few of my files. It has reinvigorated Ross Barkley on MK Dons file and got him scoring goals :)

YOU MADE IT! brilliant work mate and great transfer dealings there and a great start to life in the Prem! even though its only the start....you are above Man United! lol

Thanks Sam, hoping to get a couple of hours in today, so fingers crossed we may find out how the 1st premier season ends :)

Congrats on reading the Prem. Some good signings as well! Looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

I downloaded the tactic and been experimenting on a few of my files. It has reinvigorated Ross Barkley on MK Dons file and got him scoring goals :)

Nice one mouldy, yeah you just have to remember to tweak the system a little in places and sometimes no matter how many times you batter on the door ... the goal just wont come :)

Barclays Premier League Season 7 October

The Premier Dream continues, I'm still waiting for our wheels to come careering off, however some how we managed a 2nd unbeaten month, and its goals galore unfortunately at both ends. My tweaking and pushing/prodding seems to have opened us up at the back but made us unstoppable at the top of the pitch!

Fixtures

Middlesborough 2 - 7 FC United
Oneto (2)
Simonsen (2)
Ross
Lussey
Thomas
Away from home and 7 Nil up after 60 minutes this is what dreams are made of, OR nightmares if you're are Middlesborough fan, I let the boys take the foot off the gas and make 3 subs, it takes the wind out of our sales and we let in 2 sloppy goals, a sign of things to come this month.

FC United 1 - 1 Man City

Sazali

Simonsen is able to start against his parent club, Big Brother Blue, but we go one nil up in the 1st 5 minutes and have a sack full of chances, before the Blues wake up, Ross deflects a cross into his own net on 30 minutes and then we have to weather a 2nd half onslaught. BUT we do and its 1-1 :) Happy Days

FC United 4 - 3 Liverpool (TV Game) Saturday TV!
Oneto
Simonsen
C Thomas

Sazali

OMG what a thriller, Live on TV it was like the Liverpool vs Newcastle APRIL 1996 at Anfield. This will go down as a Premiership Classic even Jeff got excited as we WIN it in the 91st minute!!!!

View attachment 266487

FC United p1 - 1 Newcastle Capital One Cup 4th Rnd

Lussey

5-4 on Penalties we both field full strength squads knowing this could be a cup chance. WE totally batter them 43 shots 22 on target arghhh strikers

Blackburn 4 - 5 FC United
C Thomas
Szalai
Trinkett-Smith
Lussey
Oneto

Urghhhh these High scoring games are going to be the death of me ... I need to address this goals against again soon we can't keep sneaking games 4-3 5-4 .. 7-2 was nice but eventunally we will have a blank sheet and get battered

View attachment 266484
But for now lets enjoy it, effectively a quarter of the season gone. We sat nicely in 3rd, both Manchester Teams down below somewhere, BURNLEY top and unbeaten WTF?! ... Crystal Palace seem to be the ones in serious trouble this season and no wonder after the battering we gave them.

Is it to early to be thinking European Football!!!

I've started to notice the players are getting a little tetchy as well at the moment a number of Agents have been knocking on the door in the last 2 weeks and we've had to do some hard core contract negotiations. I'm hoping at some point I can get most of the 1st 12-15 players out of Buy Out Clauses as I'm sure if our good run keeps going other Managers will come knocking!

Still going strong in the Prem! keep this up mate and some great results

Barclays Premier League Season 7 November

Just 3 games in November but what a 3 games the prove it be, we go unbeaten again, this cost a manager his job, we score goals. I see a clean sheet that's a little scary and we continue to score goals

Fixtures

Arsenal 1 - 5 FC United
Oneto
Seager
Szalai
Rabia
Thomas

Away at Arsenal, and we batter them, I dont mean we are lucky and they push forward and concede I MEAN WE BATTER them 5 could of been 8 it was an amazing game and afterwards things happen

View attachment 266435
View attachment 266434

FC United 3 - 0 Sunderland

Oneto
Szalai
Trinkett-Smith

Q.P.R 1 - 2 FC United (TV Game)
Neneca
Rabia

View attachment 266432
Ross does well, and after only a season with us is called up to the Scotland Squad and nails a cap, at just 20 I see a player in the squad for a long time to come, he can ONLY get better

View attachment 266431
Top of the league and that's a 3rd of the season gone, my favourite stat is building 4 players with the best Average's and 2 with the assists, unfortuantely Trinkett-Smith suffers a double hernia in trainging and that's him gone for the next 3 months disappointing :( Leeds, Crystal Palace and Blackburn struggling at the bottom

Barclays Premier League Season 7 December

Snows and Rain and Ice, however this is the premier league now so you never get a postponement, Arsenal hand us a spanking in revenge for the one we gave them earlier in the year BUT in the league we keep going, this could be a 3 horse race for the top from the THREE Manchester clubs OH yes indeedy

Fixtures

FC United 2 - 2 Watford (TV Game)
Oneto
Ross

What is it with our defence I just cant get it to close up and keep clean sheets depressing ARGHHH

FC United 2 - 2 West Ham

Lussey

for the 2nd game on the trott we decide to let a 2 goal lead slip away, 4 points casually thrown away in two games & now both my LBs are long term injuries. Ross will have to move out to LB for most of the next 3 months at least

Arsenal 6 - 0 FC United Capital One Cup Qtr Final

WOWZERS nothing to see here lets move on really really quickly

Chelsea 1 - 1 FC United
Oneto

3rd Draw in the league on the trott but gotta be honest so happy with this result.

Burnley 1 - 3 FC United

Oneto (2)
Williams

A nice away win, this will be Williams last game for us as I'm selling him in Jaunary, brilliant Championship defender but just hasn't made the step up. We need better in the CB positions

FC United 3 - 2 Man Utd (TV Game)
Lussey (Pen)
Rabia
Simonsen

Arrghhhhhhh we beat one of the big brothers, oh my oh my .. what will this mean towards the end of the season ECKKK

FC United 2 - 2 Everton

Simonsen
Lussey

View attachment 266397
Half time in the season, I think we really have to take a moment here and consider the prospective of a Manchester 1 2 3 however in WHAT order could I really manage to secure a Champions League spot in my 1st season?

I'm getting a little giddy I know but the boys are playing so well, we are scoring goals goals goals, however we have the leakest bucket in the divison this is our achilles heel

However as we know IF we can keep the people in the Average Ratings and have at least one person in the assists and goals scored THEN we have a chance :)

Barclays Premier League Season 7 January

Argghhh as usual January has become our least favourite month and wouldnt you believe it once again we start horrendously. TALK about needing new China in the dressing room. I spend the 1st few games of the month be moaning the fact that the injuries and suspensions have kicked in. The fact we cant keep a clean sheet finally hurts us. 5 Games in the month BUT 2 defeats

Fixtures

FC United 2 - 3 Tottenham
Simonsen
Lussey

Spurs do the double over us blah!

Newcastle 3 - 1 FC United

Wisdom

Newcastle get revenge for the league and cup defeats early in the season and I think is this going to be ONE of those months

FC United 4 - 2 Crystal Palce
Seager
Oneto
Lussey
Emerson (OG)

Thank goodness a home game to one of the possible doomed clubs gets us back on the winning trail, but again goals conceded creeps higher

Burnley 1 - 3 FC United

Oneto (2)
Williams

A nice away win, this will be Williams last game for us as I'm selling him in Jaunary, brilliant Championship defender but just hasn't made the step up. We need better in the CB positions

Southampton 5 - 6 FC United
Wisdom
Oneto (2)
Seager
Trinkett-Smith
Simonsen

Feeeccckkkkkkkkkk I'm going grayer quicker in this division than at anyother time, we must be the best team to watch in this divison, we can score against anyone BUT we can't hold a lead

I noticed a decent player in this game well I should he played against us one to keep a track on I think

View attachment 266394
For anyone starting a fresh game in the Premier League looks like at the start of his career he can be picked up from Ajax for under 2 Million

FC United 3 - 2 Leeds

Thomas
Oneto
Trinkett-Smith

View attachment 266392
Well I'm nicely positioned in 3rd however both the BIG brothers have a game on hand on my and Liverpool are starting to sniff just behind. I'm lost one of the Average Ratings players through injury however Oneto has finally found a way onto the scoring charts which is nice.

Money wise its amazing what half a season in the Premier League can do, but this we had 8 Million in the bank. Now look at it

View attachment 266391
We're now 35Million in the BLACK and its building month on month ... WE is making the Mula!!!

Still going strong in the Prem! keep this up mate and some great results

Cheers Sam, yes If I could find a way to shore up the defence I'd be so much happier however for now at least we are scoring while game by game I try and figure it out

Wow you're still up there, European football could be a big possibility, weather its CL or EL football

also if you have time, do please check out my games :) got one with Brighton and one with QPR at the moment

Wow you're still up there, European football could be a big possibility, weather its CL or EL football

Certainly is, I thought we'd wilt at some point and the pressure would be too much for the players but somehow we are hanging in there ..