Taking over Manchester 1 league at a Time

Barclays Premier League Season 7 February

A decent little February, no FA Cup games yet so its just 3 in the league with a middle of the month International break. Winning two and losing one still keeps us in decent contention for the top finish

Fixtures

Hull 1 - 4 FC United
Oneto 2
Seager
Robles (OG)

We dont seem to have been given a penalty all season however a free kick from Seager put us on the way to an easy win.

FC United 3 - 0 Middlesborough
Trinkett-Smith
Lussey
Galloway (OG)

Nice feeling to get that clean sheet its been a long time since I've seen one

Man City 3 - 0 FC United

Holy Moly that was painful we were taken to the cleaners here, so glad to escape with just 3 against us they should of scored a hat full

View attachment 266316
Still in touch, it really is All three Manchester Clubs and Liverpool for the top places, I HAVE A REAL CHANCE here ... we have played really well in some games, BEEN amazingly Lucky in others. BUT if I win my game in hand then its so tight.

Nightmare finish to the month though my Captain and RB Back American Star Lichaj is out for 5 months with a career threatening broken foot... this could prove the make or break moment of the season. Wisdom will have to move out to RB

Barclays Premier League Season 7 March

Again just three more games in March and its unbeaten for me. A strong showing against Arsenal again in the league makes it look like the Capital Cup match was a freak in there favour.

Fixtures

FC United 4 - 0 Blackburn (TV Game)
Oneto 2
Simonsen
Maguire

My new CB settles in for his 1st game with a win and we keep only our 5th clean sheet of the Premiership Season. THIS has to be the bit I improve for us next season

FC United 3 - 2 Arsenal
Oneto (2)
Maguire

Liverpool 1 - 1 FC United (TV Game)

Oneto

Oooh we were again so lucky away from home a game I would of expected to lose we somehow get away with a draw .. twitchy *** time going up

View attachment 266315
Just 8 games to go and I have a chance of European Football and maybe, maybe the league champions :)

Barclays Premier League Season 7 April

Oddly I have just noticed the FA Cup is in the semi-final yet we DIDNT get a game in it this season?? not sure I understand why not :(. However I'm happy that its a couple of games less we've had to play. Four games in the month Three Wins, 1 Defeat and we are still in touching distance of the league title in our 1st season in the Division

Fixtures

Sunderland 1 - 3 FC United
Lussey
Seager
Maguire

Watford 0 - 3 FC United (TV Game)
Oneto
Maguire
Szalai

FC United 2 - 1 Q.P.R
Szalai
Lussey (Pen)

Well 1st penalty in I dont know how long and no wonder Oneto is carried off for a few weeks, lucky Lussey tucks the penalty away. It'll definitely make the next couple of weeks harder though without my leading scorer.

West Ham 3 - 2 FC United
Simonsen
Lussey (Pen)

Arghhh bad defending costs us, we are sent back from West London with our tales between our legs that was painful and we miss a chance to push out in front in the league.

View attachment 266289
So here we are 4 games to go, 2 pts behind Big Bro 1 and 5 points a head of Big Bro 2 ... Games to come wont be easy though a Home Match with Chelsea next then away at Utd before home to Burnely and Finish away at Everton. I think I need to beat Man Utd away to stand a chance of winning the league :(

Barclays Premier League Season 7 May Part 1

09th May 17.00 we have just walked off the pitch at the field of Dreams and ours is now well and truely on FIRE, it was a dogged display of guts and drama, but with a game a few days before against chelsea ending in dismal failure who would of seen this finish to the season

Fixtures

Chelsea 3 - 1 FC United (TV Game)
Lussey

Shocking 2nd half display let Chelsea in for 2 quick fire goals around the 70th Minute Diego Costa scoring both and I'd just about waved goodbye to the league and was expecting us to colapse and lose the last few games maybe even slip out of Europe, HAHA no such fears

Man Utd 2 - 3 FC United
Oneto
Lussey (2 In Pen)

Timely return for Oneto as he steams in, in the last 5 minutes of the match to steal the game for us what a game, the boys did so well, amazing.

View attachment 266287
So 2 games to go we are already in the Champions League in our 1st season in the Premier League and within 2 games of winning the league its self. SOME ONE needs to pinch a point or game of the ****** reds

Barclays Premier League Season 7 May Part 2

I'm to frustrated to load the end of season sheet, we imploded in the last 2 games 2 draws. Argggghhh we let City sneak back in front of us so it finish Big Brother 1 Manchester United
Big Brother 2 Manchester City
Little Brother 3 FC United

I Mean I should be happy right, 1 season in the Premier League. Finish 3rd, Qualify for the Champions League when we were tipped for relegation BUT OMG the FRUSTRATION.

Barclays Premier League SE8 August 2nd Year

After getting over my anger and frustration at a mini failure, finishing third behind both Big Brothers the one thing I was trying so hard to beat. It left me be moaning my bad luck in the close season and then the wheels started to come off again. EVERYONE wanted new contracts and I simply couldn't keep up. I lost a couple of BIG HITTERS from the squad and have had to make some dodgy deals to try and stay competitive this season.

What the Board Wants
Qualification for Europe Again Minimum
Not Bothered About Capital One Cup
A Challenge for the Premier League
Not Mentioned the FA Cup again (Weird)

Bookies give us a Chance

View attachment 266178

1000-1 last season and finishing third gets us a 50-1 shot this season I can live with that

NEW Blood for Season 2

View attachment 266185

WE Make 43.5Million in sales and so I immediately go all out to spend it 42.5million spent. Oddly still an overall profit for the board of 1 million in player deals.

Players to Watch

View attachment 266182
Already an Italian International Keeper Scuffett, Is my New No1 and hopefully this will save us some points

View attachment 266181
I failed to hold onto any of my 3 holding Midfielders this was my biggest regret at the end of the season Rabia especially had been huge last season BUT bought for 2.5 sold for 7.5 squeezed as must as possible from him and I'm hoping as long as Gruzeo stays fit we'll be ok

View attachment 266180
Finally an aging but still can score goals Falcao, I'm hoping to get one final swan song out of him in the premier league he scored 14 goals for Manchester United last season but I was happy to pick him up on a free as two of my strikers left in the close season.

Formation

View attachment 266179

I'm not quite willing to move away from the 4-3-3 just yet as its served me so well for the last 8 seasons HOWEVER if we have another season of shipping goals. I may be tempted to spend a close season messing with ideas

BPL SE8 August 2nd Year

3 Games in August, the difficult one an an early season away trip to Liverpool, we are hit with a couple of training ground injuries almost immediately so I'm without 2 of the 1st 11 of for the first month or so. Not terrible as my end plan would be to have a spare player for each position to cover such issues. Not quite there yet one more season needed

Fixtures

FC United 2 - 0 Newcastle
Gruezo
Lichaj

Nice start to the game the strikers are reasonable quite as they gel, but our DFM and RB show Newcastle we can score from many positions and I spend a nice afternoon in the office playing for Liverpool

Liverpool 3 - 3 FC United (TV Game)
Falcao
Oneto (2)

Hmm a draw I should be happy away at Anfield but really they controlled the game had 30-17 in shots and 52-48 possession, at least our strikers found the right boots this afternoon however, away trips to Man C, Man U and Chelsea wont be good with stats like these

FC United 4 - 2 Crystal Palalce
Shelvey
Falcao
Maguire
Arriola
Reasonable end to the month. 2nd win strikers Falcao and Arriola score in this one and Shelvey and Maguire from midfield and defence play well. with 3 of the regular back 4 sidelined I'm not to depressed at the goals against.

View attachment 266175
Urghhh look at the two Manchester Clubs already proving its going to be a long season Man Utd still to concede a goal :( going to be a long season

View attachment 266173
HOLY SMOKE "The Church is on fire Batman" ... Hard Draw but we have to start somewhere right! .. Surely this season getting out the group would be seen as a good result!?

BPL SE8 September 2nd Year

September brings us a FULL month of games 6 in all, 3 in the league an away game in the Capital one and then home and away trips in Europe, by the end of the month I'll need to wipe my eyes and check I'm not dreaming as we play some exciting football

Fixtures

Southampton 1 - 2 FC United
Forster (OG)
Oneto

View attachment 266168
Meh 40-1 isnt that bad for odds seems I've had a good a chance of winning the Champions League as the Premier League this season happy days

FC United 5 - 1 P.S.V (TV Game)
Falcao (3 Inc Pen)
Neneca
Tuhami

Eckkkkkkkk what a start in Europe, battered PSV played a few of the fringe players as I wanted to use Europe as an experiance for the team this season BUT wow what a game

FC United 3 - 2 Hull
Fernandez
Arriola
Simonsen

Sheff Utd 1 - 2 FC United Capital One 3rd Rnd
Falcao
Ozil

Ozil finally gets to start a game after a pre season injury and bam fires a free kick from maybe 22 yrds into the top corner, this on the back of a tap in for Falcao and we're still unbeaten

Ipswich 1 - 2 FC United
Ozil
Gruezo

Borussia Dortmond 1 - 6 FC United (TV Game)
Lussey (2)
Ozil (2)
Maguire
Hummels (OG)

Shocked 2nd Champions League game and we bossed it. This is freaking me out we seem completely in control in Europe and the trip home to Blighty is a good one the boys are playing over and above what I expected.

View attachment 266167
Both Manchester teams suffer a defeat each through September and that leave me **** of THE NORTH well at least for this month. Still waiting for one or two players to start commanding those Average Stats and Assists screens but hopefull that'll come

View attachment 266166
I still see Paris as the real power team in this mini league BUT if we can get one more win and a draw somewhere I think we'll be in the knock out phase and that would feel really good 1st season in the competition

Good start to the second season. Hopefully you can better the first!

Thanks Dave, yes its going well I've played a few more months just not had chance to unload the details at the moment BUT season is going well

Mate you seriously must be an FM Legend lol so unlucky last season but wow this season has been amazing and two massive wins in Europe!

Mate you seriously must be an FM Legend lol so unlucky last season but wow this season has been amazing and two massive wins in Europe!

Cheers Sam, I shall be posting a lot of updates around 7ish as I got into the ZONE last night before working today. No spoilers BUT its a good season.

BPL SE8 October 2nd Year

October brings us another great month, we almost got the entire one without a defeat however once again at the end of the month, Tottenham catch us with out pants down and it pays dividends for them. I seem to be spending more and more times between games trying to figure out how to be a little tighter at the back.

Fixtures

FC United 5 - 0 West Ham
Falcao (Pen)
Gendzekhadze (OG)
Gruezo
Wisdom
Ozil

Brilliant game on the back of our amazing away Champions League game we completely swamp West Ham at home 5 should of be 10 or 15, we control the game with 44 shots 23 on target against there 3

Man Utd 3 - 4 FC United (TV Game)
Oneto (2)
Lussey
Arriola

Big Brother one beaten in there own back yard god this felt good, to be honest thought there battered us and it was more luck than good planning that we walked away with the win. Did I tell the players that **** no I just mentioned how brilliantly they'd done.

FC United 1 - 1 Paris (TV Game)
Arriola

FC United 5 - 3 Fulham
Wisdom
Arriola
Simonsen (2)
Oneto

More defensive blunders nearly cost us, I just cant seem to get the boys to close the gaps at the back. I decide to look for a New coach someone who can organise this back line

Arsenal 0 - 2 FC United (TV Game) Capital Cup 4th Rnd
Oneto
Lussey

Arsenal have kicked us out of this competition so many times It was nice to come back to their place and beat them AND keep a clean sheet. Ozil set up both games but is carried off near the end he'll miss the next two matches

Tottenham 2 - 1 FC United (TV Game)
Falcao

Arghh another defensive mess up lets them in for the winner in the 78th minute silly silly back pass.

View attachment 265571
After 10 games quarter of the season gone, doing well in the Champions League, Doing well in the Capital One CUp and Doing well in the League. Dream Season maybe. Bit worrying we have hardly anyone featuring in the best of lists yet :( although Lichaj is up there he is getting found out to many times goals are constantly coming down that right side the attacking left :(

BPL SE8 November 2nd Year

4th Great Month on the bounce, we lose just one the one, however its at the start of the month so for me it feels like a little mini slump. But once the dust clears and December approaches I realize we are really going along very nicely.

Fixtures

Paris 1 - 0 FC United(TV Game)

A game we should of at least pinched a draw in... we fired enough shots, but again our inability to keep a clean sheet is the undoing. 1st defeat in the Champions League Group but with 7 points it looks like a 1 more point from our last 2 games will be enough as Paris are beating everyone else.

FC United 3 - 2 Sunderland (TV Game)
Falcao
Arriola
Oneto

One of the few games where all 3 strikers score in the same match and we leave the ground happy 3 more pts in the bag

Everton 1 - 3 FC United
Lussey
Falcao (2)

P.S.V 4 - 4 FC United (TV Game)
Arriola
Falcao
Shelvey
Okore

I can't explain how unhappy I was with this result... 4 Nil up at the 60 Minute Make .... Lichaj dives into a reckless two footed stupid tackle already booked I think it would of been red anyway and then we just capitulate. Castillo a no-name american striker who will go on to score just FOUR goals in 6 Champions League appearances this season scores ALL FOUR in the last 30 minutes of this game!!!!! ARGHHHHHHHHH

FC United 3 - 1 Middlesborough (TV Game)
Falco
Ozil
Mantip (OG)

Watford 0 - 4 FC United
Oneto (2)
Ozil
Olsen (OG)

A nice clean sheet away from home my mini tweaking is starting to work maybe

View attachment 265563
A nice little lead after 14 games over a 3rd of the season done and now we're starting to see people in the assists list at least, another good month in December and we could really be onto something. Man City, Man Utd and Liverpool are a long way back at the moment. At the bottom Villa, Fulham (Newly Promoted) are looking in trouble. I shall look to take decent points of them in recent months

BPL SE8 December 2nd Year

A brilliant Christmas month with just one defeat in the league, It see's us play 8 games in 20 days, The team are playing really well BUT I'm starting to see players drop of by the end of the month and I'll be looking to bring in a few players in January. I'm sat on a transfer kitty of 31 Million. My main concern is still Lichaj although brilliant going forward his defensive weaknesses have been more evident the last month or so, also Falcao, just hitting his 37 birthday I'm starting to see a decline in his stats

Fixtures

FC United 1 - 0 Burnley
Oneto

FC United 1 - 2 Borussia Dortmond
Arriola

Silly of me I try to be clever and play a weakened team after we smashed them away, however we go down to defeat. In the end it doesn't matter as we go through as the 2nd place team. Behind Paris

FC United 4 - 0 Q.P.R
Shelvey
Okore
Arriola
Oneto

MK Dons 0 - 2 FC United
Capital One Cup Qrt Final (TV Game)

Oneto (2)

Never in doubt and we're through to a 2 legged semi-final really easy game and 3 clean sheets in 4 games this month

Man City 2 - 1 FC United (TV Game)
Gruezo

WOW this was one of those games from Big Brother then really showed us up bossing the game from start to finish 2 they should of scored double figures only the skill of scuffet in goal made it look decent

FC United 3 - 2 Arsenal
Lussey (2)
Simonsen

Great game both side really at it! we win best of 5 :)

FC United 1 - 0 Chelsea
Simonsen

Arsenal 2 - 3 FC United
Maguire
Simonsen (2)
3 games against Arsenal in a matter of a just over a month and we win all 3, this is a brilliant end to the month.

View attachment 265562
9 Pts clear at Christmas, surely that could be enough although both the other Manchester Teams are now starting to pick up points and Liverpool have settled in 2nd spot, Sterling seems to be on fire for them in every game.

I decide now is the time to strike in the Transfer Market and pick up 2 players on decent deals

View attachment 265561
Mario, will take Falcao's spot in the starting line-up for the rest of the season, although cup tied for Captial One.

View attachment 265560
Poyet will come in as my Defensive Play Maker, this will free up Gruezo to move to the right back spot and Lichaj can take a sub spot for the remainder of the season, I suspect his time at the club is coming to an end

BPL SE8 Januray 2nd Year

Yet another good month the FC United band wagon keeps rolling, its amazing what a head of steam and a good set of results can do, the negative side everyone is asking for new contracts, just a few seasons ago my monthly spend was around the 10K a month now were about to hit the £1 Million a month and I'm beginning to worry I'll have to let some stars go, Oneto for one is pushing for big bucks remembering I had him as a kid in the lower leagues on loan before making the more perm last year. 8 games brings us 6 wins 1 draw and a single defeat and our cup brims over

Fixtures

Newcastle 1 - 1 FC United
Balotelli

1 Game 1 Goal nice start

Plymouth 1 - 4 FC United FA Cup Rnd 3
Arriola (3 Inc Pen)
Balotelli

An easy win again a poor Plymouth side silly to let in a goal, Balotelli is 2 in 2

FC United 5 - 4 Liverpool (TV Game)
Ozil (3)
Balotelli
Mignolet (OG)

WOWZERS that was a nail biter, 3 nil up at half time, we have a mini collapse 2nd half before rescuing it at the death, 3 in 3 for the B man and against his old team

Crystal Palace 3 - 0 FC United

Our 1 defeat of the month and I'm really not sure what happened shockingly bad

FC United 4 - 1 Ipswich
Capital One Cup Semi Final 1st Leg (TV Game)

Lussey
Arriola (2)
Okore

1 large 1st leg win should allow me to rest a few for the 2nd leg and we should be in our 1st final :)

FC United 3 - 1 West Ham FA Cup 4th Rnd
Ozil
Oneto (2)

Ipswich 0 - 1 FC United
Capital One Cup Semi Final 2nd Leg (TV Game)
Lussey

Hull 0 - 4 FC United
Balotelli (2 Both Pens)
Arriola (2)

We finish the month with a four nil spanking of Hull away nice game owned by us should of been more

View attachment 265123
Nine Points ahead a game in hand over 2 3rds of the season done this is the season dreams are made of doing really well. Fingers crossed for a decent February which will of course end in a Wembley Capital Cup Final

BPL SE8 February 2nd Year

Nine games in February pushes the squad to breaking point, games against Real Madrid and Man Utd in the cups prove costly. However with just 2 defeats in the month, we'll finish it in a strong place in the league, and silverware in the trophy cabinet

Fixtures

FC United 3 - 0 Southampton
Arriola (2)
Falcao

FC United 6 - 0 Ipswich
Salliahi
Oneto
Falcao
Arriola
Lussey
Samassa(OG)
Three wins to zero on the bounce and we complete trash Ipswich at home this could of should of been a 10 nil game this one

Aston Villa 0 - 4 FC United
Oneto
Falcao
Arriola
Lussey

FC United 1 - 1 Man Utd FA Cup 5th Rnd
Ozil

Arghhh we so should of won this game the reply at Old Tafford will prove difficult

FC United 0 - 1 Real Madrid (TV Game)

Again a game we should of got something out of SOOOO disappointed. We were shocking in the 2nd half

FC United 2 - 2 Man Utd (TV Game)
Oneto

Rapidly becoming a bogoe team for me we just cant beat Man Utd frustrating day at the office again

Man Utd 5 - 2 FC United FA Cup 5th Rnd Replay
Oneto
Arriola

I really dont get matches against Utd... The have just 5 shots on Target 12 Shots in total and score 5 of them. We have 38 shots 26 on target and lose the game

Fulham 1 - 6 FC United
Poyet
Arriola (2)
Shelvey
Wisdom
FalcaoThat was more like it controlled the game, passed the ball shots on target and passed the keeper with ease happy days

Middlesborough 0 - 1 FC United
Capital One CUP FINAL (TV Game)

Oneto

1st major honours of the season collected confirmed next season spot in Europe already but now out of the FA Cup, fighting in the league Capital one done. Possible in trouble against Madrid in the Champions League so we can focus

View attachment 264706
End of February we sit 12 points clear of Man Utd and are looking good with just 9 games to go, feeling confident at the moment. Looking at the ratings we are controlling them and also assists with the change of main striker Balotelli has had a quite month but its all been about Arriola this month.

Fulham and QPR are both looking in serious trouble at this stage and are rapidly running out of games

Last edited: