Reaction score
Taking Over The City
A Paris FC Story

View attachment 373238

For my final FM13 save I have decided to manage in France for the first time and aim to take Paris FC to domestic and European glory, stepping out of the shadow of neighbours Paris Saint-Germain. They are a semi-professional side playing within the third tier of French football, the French National. Here is a breakdown of the club...

Information:

View attachment 373251

The club was founded in 1969 and originally were merged with their more well known neighbours PSG, however the two clubs went through a messy split in which Paris FC got to keep their professional status and play at the Parc des Princes whilst PSG were demoted to the 3rd tier with amateur status. Over the next couple of years the two clubs went in opposite directions and PSG were able to acquire the Parc des Princes back from Paris FC. After another merger in 1983, Paris FC were relegated to the 4th tier of French football and they have never looked like getting back to the top flight, but we plan to change that! Our estimated value is pretty high for a third tier side and a media prediction of 7th place shows we should be aiming for high mid table at the very minimum.

Facilities:

View attachment 373262

We may not have the Parc des Princes any more, but we still rent a very impressive 25,000 all seater stadium. Ok, it will basically empty this season I predict but it will be nice to have if we make it to Ligue 1. The other facilities are decent for the standard and we will hopefully be able to improve them over the years!

History:

View attachment 373268

Nothing worth speaking of... yet!

Season Expectations:

View attachment 373273

The board expect a 'reasonable' league position in the league and the 9th round of the Coup de France, whilst also developing players using the club's youth system. Personally, my only target is getting a top 3 finish which will see us promoted to Ligue 2! This may be hard in the first season as there is a few professional teams in the league but we have agreed with the board to turn professional at the end of the upcoming season.

So this will be my new story, I will probably still update my Aberystwyth thread from time to time but it was getting a bit stale. My next update will be my transfer dealings in my first window in charge, and a brief overview of my squad and key players for the upcoming season.

Paris FC
2012-2013 Season Preview

View attachment 373284

Transfers:

View attachment 373285

We inherited a pretty big squad to start with, and despite the massive £2,000,000 transfer budget I decided to just dip into free transfers to plug some of the gaps in our squad, namely at right back and in center midfield. The transfer window is not over yet though, and we may still bring in more players if the right player became available. Here are the players I brought in...

View attachment 373286View attachment 373287View attachment 373288
View attachment 373289View attachment 373290

The Squad:

View attachment 373293

As you can see we have a pretty good squad for the season ahead, I'm hoping that we can avoid injuries as we don't have a great quality of backup players, although we certainly have plenty of them, with 23 players in the 1st team and 24 players in the reserve squad. Those numbers are far too excessive in my liking and I will hopefully get them down in the next couple of seasons.

Key Players:

Gael Germany - Our first choice left back is rated extremely highly by my assistant, who thinks he would be a leading star for most Ligue 2 sides. Ok... that may be a tad optimistic but he does look very solid for this level and should offer a lot to the team going forward and in defense.

View attachment 373296

Abdoulaye Diawara - The former Malian youth international came through rivals PSG's youth academy and has also played for another rival in Red Star FC. However, if my first game in charge is anything to go by he will be a key player for us sitting in front of our back 4 and maybe nodding the odd goal from corners!

View attachment 373300

Maxine Tarasconi - One of my own signings, Maxine will hopefully add a creative spark to the center of our midfield and hopefully create a few chances for our team over the coming season.

View attachment 373303

Tactics:

View attachment 373305

My first 11 and tactical set up. Any suggestions for tweaks are welcome but I'm hoping we will play some attractive attacking football!

My next update will be an August update where we will play our first 5 league games of the season and we will see how the team is shaping up in the France National.

Love these lower team story's defo following

Paris FC
August 2013

View attachment 373328

Results:

View attachment 373329

A very good start to our season and we win 4 and lose 1 of our opening 5 games in August. The lads have settled into the tactic pretty well and we have been fortunate to not really receive any injuries so far.

Player of the Month - Abdoulaye Diawara (2 Goals, 1 MOM, 7.6 Average Rating)

View attachment 373330

One of the players I said to watch out for at the start of the season had been solid in front of the back 4, and even managed to bag himself a brace on the opening day of the season.

Player Stats:

View attachment 373331

We seem to be sharing the goals out quite nicely and are bagging a few from set pieces. The highest average ratings going to our 2 center halfs and our defensive midfielder says a lot about our defensive efforts.

League Table:

View attachment 373332

2nd place is where we sit and if we are there come the end of the season I'll be delighted!

Next update will be the September update, may change these updates to every two months depending on how quickly I get through the games. Any suggestions on anything else to include in updates?

1. Very good idea for a story!
2. Back in the days of LMA Manager on PS I used to manage in the Nacional all the time.
3. You got given 2m transfer budget?!!! WTF

1. Very good idea for a story!
2. Back in the days of LMA Manager on PS I used to manage in the Nacional all the time.
3. You got given 2m transfer budget?!!! WTF

Thanks! The transfer and wage budgets are both pretty ridiculous, but should come in handy if I get promoted or find any decent regens...

Paris FC
September 2012

View attachment 373507

Fixtures:

View attachment 373509

Consistency? Forget about it. Our home form is brilliant but we struggle away from home, especially against the bigger teams and we really struggled to put a string of wins together this month.

Player of the Month - Maxime Tarasconi

View attachment 373512

The creative spark in our center midfield was pivotal in creating goals for us. Hopefully he can keep this from going and help us be a bit more consistent!

Player Stats:

View attachment 373510

Only 6 players with an average rating of above 7 could be improved in my opinion, especially with one of them being injured for 3 months, who was one of our 1st choice center backs. 3 goals in 10 games from our lone striker is not great as well!

League Table:

View attachment 373511

So after our disappointing month we manage to cling onto our place in the promotion zone by the skin of our teeth. However, it is very tight below us and if we continue this month's form next month I think we'll start slipping down the league.

Next update will be an October update, is everyone happy with these updates or is there anything else I should include?

Looks good mate, good to see you back and I'm really looking forward to this!!

Whats your average attendance at that club?

Paris FC
October 2012

View attachment 373548

Fixtures:

View attachment 373549

A much better month! Started disappointingly with a defeat to SR Colmar but after that we got 4 wins off the bounce including 2 great comeback victories over rivals Red Star and Cherbourg, which goes to show the spirit and determination in the squad.

Player of the Month - Florent Ogier

View attachment 373550

The ever reliant center back has meant we stayed pretty solid at the back, which was pivotal in our successful little run which we put together over the month.

Player Stats:

View attachment 373551

Slightly better viewing here, especially with main striker Murcy bagging 3 goals in the month and youngster Karl Toko also bagging 2. It would be nice to see Toko push Murcy for the starting spot...

League Table:

View attachment 373552

Still 3rd. However we are opening up more of a gap on the teams below us and hopefully we can keep going in November to extend the gap further and maybe push for 2nd. 1st place does look nailed on for Amiens though sadly...

Next up will be an update for November and December as there is only 2 games scheduled for December.

great story mate im really enjoying it would you mind checking my Fulham one out mate cheers btw that is some smart badge they have

Just had a crash dump at the start of November, only had to replay the cup game at the end of October and we won on pens after drawing 1-1.

Paris FC
November and December 2012

View attachment 373603

Results:

View attachment 373604

Only 4 league games, but 2 wins and 1 draw is a decent, but unspectacular return from them. Our major progress over the two months saw us progress to the 9th round of the Coup de France, by beating two lower league sides. In the 9th round we will play our biggest game of our season against Marseille at home. I'm interested to see what sort of crowd we will get...

Player of the Months - Mickael Murcy

View attachment 373610

The French striker hit some better form this month after changing his role from a poacher to deep lying forward, culminating in a deadly hattrick against FC Bourg-Perronas.

Player Stats:

View attachment 373616

League Table:

View attachment 373617

So, just under half way through the season and we still sit 3rd. There's a considerable gap either side of us now and we will need to improve over the second half if we have any aspirations of catching the two above. Where do you think we will finish this season?

Next update will be the January update, including any transfers if they happen and also our big 9th round tie against OM...

nice! with that budget you should cope well if you get promoted and it looks like you've hit some decent form. I will enjoy following this

Paris FC
January 2013

View attachment 373875

Fixtures:

View attachment 373876

The month started with our massive cup tie which we lost 1-0 against Marseille after extra time due to a Andre-Pierre Gignac goal. It was a great performance by the boys though and they can't be faulted for effort! What was promising though was the attendance was 9,902 which shows there is a potential fanbase there if we go up to Ligue 1.

Player of the Month - Gael Germany

View attachment 373881

The well rounded left back had leading Ligue 2 current ability according to my assistant and started to show that this month, putting in consistently good performances.

Player Stats:

View attachment 373879

A pretty well rounded squad with no real stand out 'star' player.

League Table:

View attachment 373880

A comfortable 7 points clear in the promotion zone, and I'm starting to think that we may even be able to make a late title push. To be honest though, I couldn't care less about anything but promotion...

Next update will be another 4 league games in February, can we close the gap on the leaders?

Gael Germany looks like he is so happy to play for Paris FC!!!!