Great story. I loved the Malmo adventure and I look forward to being along the the ride with Southampton. As always I see you are getting injury after injury it just never goes away. :) Best of luck and I will be following.

Nice result just in time for a confidence boost to the team !

Definitely, we could have been in dire straits if we'd lost a fourth game on the bounce

Great story. I loved the Malmo adventure and I look forward to being along the the ride with Southampton. As always I see you are getting injury after injury it just never goes away. :) Best of luck and I will be following.

Thanks mate, great to see you back again and glad to have you on board for this one too! :) Lots of injuries, part of the challenge though :D

I love the detail you put into your stories, great work so far! Literally can't wait for the next update!

Hahahahah, probably,like you already said,Yoshida poisoned Jose. :p
This story get's better everyday ! ;)

I love the detail you put into your stories, great work so far! Literally can't wait for the next update!

Thanks Sean, still waiting for you to find the time to start one soon!

Hahahahah, probably,like you already said,Yoshida poisoned Jose. :p
This story get's better everyday ! ;)

Yoshida has definitely given him a nudge during training!

Haha definitely some foul play involved I think :p I couldn't believe it when I'd had that discussion, and next thing I know Fonte is gone for 3 weeks!

English Premier League - Game 9 - Newcastle United (Away)

Stekelenburg is back today, which is a nice boost. Hopefully Caulker proves an adequate replacement for Fonte, and we can continue the turnaround that began with our dramatic win over Tottenham.

We certainly started that way, taking the lead in the 7th minute through Ryan Bertrand, who slotted the ball between the keeper and near post from a tight angle after being found by Sadio Mane.

Jay Rodriguez was released by a ball over the top from Tadic in the 27th minute, but his shot drifted wide.

Mane was proving a real threat, and he slipped another great ball in for Rodriguez in the 37th minute, but the keeper made a great stop.

A minute later we had our second though, Juanmi volleying home at the back post after Tadic had chipped a ball across the box.

Rodriguez nutmegged Coloccini and blasted at the top corner in the 44th minute, but Krul plucked it out of the air.

Rodriguez had another chance in the 52nd from a Van Dijk long ball but he sent it whistling high.

Two minutes later Newcastle had their first real chance, but Caulker made a critical block to deflect Wijnaldum’s shot wide.

We were being forced back more, and Stekelenburg made a brilliant save in the 64th minute to deny substitute Gouffran from close range in the 64th minute.

Pelle replaced Rodriguez 3 minutes later.

Ward-Prowse replaced Clasie in the 71st.

Youngster Slattery replaced Davis in the 78th.

A great road win today, as our attacking midfield ruled the game, crafting some great openings throughout the game. A slightly more clinical performance up top could have seen an even more favourable scoreline.

POM: Dusan Tadic (8.4, 0G, 1A)

Last edited:
Note to self - never let Yoshida spot me when lifting...

Note to self - never let Yoshida spot me when lifting...

Hahaha worth noting, probably challenged him to lift something way too heavy to get him injured :p

2nd in Premier League, nice results so farrr :) nice tactic ;)

Thanks man, I really don't know how we're doing so well because I'm not really happy with my tactics yet, still tweaking them every game

Good win against my beloved! Sitting pretty in the league as well! Reckon you can stay there and challenge for top 4?

Good win against my beloved! Sitting pretty in the league as well! Reckon you can stay there and challenge for top 4?

Hahaha I'm sorry about that :p I'm not entirely sure, it will depend on how the other teams go and how quickly I can sort out my tactics, because I'm still not happy yet

Horrible luck with injuries, reckon Yoshida's going round taking them out 1 by 1 trying to get a game!! Cracking stuff man KIU

Jose Fonte’s injury is a huge blow. Wondering if he was sabotaged by Yoshida
That cracked me up more than it should have. :D

A lot of injuries though. Very unlucky. But you are marching ahead - too early to talk about top 4? ;)

A great match and a very good run in BPL ! I know it's difficult,but i hope at the end of the season you'll be qualified for UCL. ;)

Horrible luck with injuries, reckon Yoshida's going round taking them out 1 by 1 trying to get a game!! Cracking stuff man KIU

I think he might be, we're dropping like flies right now! Glad you're enjoying it though, thanks for the support :)

That cracked me up more than it should have. :D

A lot of injuries though. Very unlucky. But you are marching ahead - too early to talk about top 4? ;)

Hahahaha I was gobsmacked when it happened :p I think it's a bit early but I guess you never know!

A great match and a very good run in BPL ! I know it's difficult,but i hope at the end of the season you'll be qualified for UCL. ;)

Thanks man, that would be something else! Still don't think it will happen but just taking it one game at a time :)

UEFA Europa League Group Stage - Game 3 - Beşiktaş (Home)

Beşiktaş are a good side, and today is not going to be an easy match. We play Chelsea in just three days time, so some key players have been rested with one eye on that fixture.

In the 17th minute we opened the scoring. Ward-Prowse chipped a free kick through for Martina, whose cross was headed back across goal by Juanmi, and Ramirez finished with a header.

4 minutes later he should have had a second when Juanmi was tackled inside the box, and the ball sat in the open, 6 yards out, yet somehow he placed it the wrong side of the post.

In the 39th minute we countered through Wanyama and Pelle, and Juanmi cut in from the left and fired inches wide of the top left corner.

Ramirez did have his second 3 minutes later though, volleying Bertrand’s cross home at the back post.

In the 48th minute some slack defending allowed Gomez an open volley in the 6 yard box, halving our lead.

10 minutes later we were hit brutally on the counter by a couple of long balls, and Gomez had his second, squaring the game.

That was twice the ageing German had outpaced Yoshida to score, and so Virgil replaced him 3 minutes later.

Rodriguez replaced Pelle in the 63rd.

Tadic replaced Juanmi in the 66th.

Gomez fired narrowly over in the 77th.

In the 91st minute Tadic had two crosses cleared, before a third attempt finally found Ramirez at the back post, and the Uruguayan had his hat trick!

Another last gasp winner after throwing away a two goal lead! I was worried that Ramirez’s early miss would prove crucial, but fortunately he sealed the points for us with a wonderful hat trick, his first three goals of the season, having contributed six assists so far. A vital win which puts us in the drivers seat to qualify along with Dortmund. The game was close, but their manager admitted afterwards that we deserved our late winner. The best news was yet to come though, as I found out afterwards that Manchester United were bottom of their Europa League group with two points from 3 games, having been eliminated from the Champions League by Sporting (I think).

POM: Gaston Ramirez (9.5, 3G, 0A)

English Premier League - Game 10 - Chelsea (Home)

Ramirez forced my hand with his last performance, and I couldn’t leave him out of the lineup today. Our problem position so far has been striker, so Sadio Mane gets a chance up top, whilst Ramirez is on the right wing again.

Nothing much happened until the 22nd minute when Stekelenburg made an excellent save from Diego Costa after Pedro worked the ball back into the box following a throw.

Unfortunately, four minutes later he allowed Willian’s shot to go straight through him, giving Chelsea the lead. A very soft goal.

Seconds after the restart, Sadio Mane burst through the Chelsea back line, but Courtois palmed his effort wide.

In the 31st minute Nemanja Matic, of all people, scored an absolute screamer to double Chelsea’s lead, bringing the ball down and arrowing a half volley into the far corner of the net.

Tadic had been uncharacteristically poor, and he and the similarly underwhelming Mane were replaced in the 58th minute by Ward-Prowse and Rodriguez.

In the 68th minute a tactical change finally reaped dividends, as a Ramirez cross was glanced past Courtois by Rodriguez.

Pelle replaced Davis in the 72nd minute, prompting a slight reshuffle of positions.

Nothing happened for us though, as Chelsea saw the rest of the game out to take the points.

Hard to argue against Chelsea winning this one fair and square, although it’s a shame that the goals we did concede were a screamer, and a keeper error. Can’t expect to be beating Chelsea with any sort of regularity any time soon, so I’m not too worried.

POM: Nemanja Matic (Chelsea - 8.3, 1G, 0A)

Best Southampton Player: Gaston Ramirez (7.3, 0G, 1A)

Last edited: