Taking Southampton North!

• Thread starter Thread starter PatrickLFC
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2K
  • Views Views 616K
You have done great will all the injuries ! If your players stay healthy next year and with the big transfer budget you can do miracles !

English Premier League - Game 38 - Arsenal (Home)

Man City host West Ham, and are in pole position to finish 3rd and avoid the playoffs. If they drop points and we better their result, or we win by 5 goals more than they do (or lose by 5 less), we will finish higher. Difficult to see considering our opponents are Arsenal, but we will see what happens.

In the 6th minute, Santi Cazorla of all people sent a header from the edge of the area into the top corner off a corner. It looked like Forster could have perhaps reacted faster.

A minute later Rodriguez went on a great run into the box but Cech stuck out a hand to turn his shot around the post.

In the 10th minute, Cazorla had a second, as Bertrand’s excellent slide tackle on Walcott fell kindly for the Spaniard, who fired into the open goal.

In the 16th minute we were three behind as they countered from a corner, Walcott half-volleying home superbly from Sanchez’s cross.

In the 20th minute Cazares was forced off by injury. With the result virtually decided already, Gitschier was his replacement.

In the 24th minute a lazy foul from Tadic gave Arsenal a penalty, and Cazorla a hat trick.

In the 34th minute Tadic skipped past Bellerin and fired in a perfect cross for Ramirez, who smashed it goalwards. Cech got a piece of it, and it hit the inside of the post and bounced on the line, before being cleared.

Walcott made it 5 twenty seconds into the second half, as my hairdryer treatment of the players apparently failed to have any effect.

In the 48th minute Gitschier put a cross into the box, and Rodriguez found the far corner to give us a little bit of respectability.

In the 50th minute Dario Rodriguez and Palombo replaced Tadic and Davis.

A minute later the two combined, Palombo sending a sensational lofted pass to the far post, but young Rodriguez hit the post, before being denied by Cech from the rebound.

When Oxlade-Chamberlain came on in the 64th minute I just knew he’d score, and sure enough, two minutes later a terrible missed header from Van Dijk saw the ball sprayed wide to him, where he cut inside Cedric with ease and fired straight through Forster into the net.

Walcott sealed his hat trick shortly afterwards after we continued to gift them the ball back.

Oxlade-Chamberlain had two on 70 minutes with a far post volley from Bellerin’s cross.

Jay Rodriguez’s 77th minute cross was kept alive by Dario Rodriguez and cut back to Gitschier, who was denied a goal by a desperate block from Chambers.

Two minutes later Gitschier hit the post after Ramirez chested the ball down for him from Jay Rodriguez’s chipped pass. Really not our day!

Ramirez almost scored in the 88th minute after a great team move and pass from Gitschier, but a full stretch Cech tipped it around the post.

That was truly appalling. You would have thought it would be Arsenal who were half asleep, considering the score of the match would make not the slightest difference to them, but it wasn’t. To be fair, Arsenal scored of every single chance they had, whilst we found ourselves denied a few times by goalkeeping and the woodwork, butI can honestly say I’ve never had a worse result in an FM match ever! Quite funny actually, but anyway, more changes might be needed this off-season than I thought!

Sadly, West Ham were just 14 goals shy of beating Man City 14-2 and bumping us up to third place.

POM: Theo Walcott (Arsenal - 9.7, 3G, 1A)

Best Southampton Player: Jay Rodriguez (7.0, 1G, 0A)

Congratulations on qualifying for Champs League. As for the Arsenal result, we'll just leave it there. :D

Not the best way to send fans home for the summer but they have the CL to look forward to next season so congrats!

Congratulations on qualifying for Champs League. As for the Arsenal result, we'll just leave it there. :D

Haha thanks man, honestly I quite enjoyed that last match actually, shows me it's still going to be quite a challenge!

Not the best way to send fans home for the summer but they have the CL to look forward to next season so congrats!

Overall a successful season, the fans will want to forget that one ASAP though! We've lost to Arsenal by 12 goals over 3 games now!

Well done on qualifying mate :) I would have thought your budget for next season would be bigger though! I've never seen anything like that Arsenal result haha, at least it didn't really matter for the league :)

The Arsenal match was deffo a learning curve huh! But on wards and upwards Champions League football for next season and I'm sure some transfer dealings are on the way too. Best of luck for the upcoming season.

Well done on qualifying mate :) I would have thought your budget for next season would be bigger though! I've never seen anything like that Arsenal result haha, at least it didn't really matter for the league :)

I can get the slider across to about 46 million but it would have to be lower to account for wages, it's a reasonable enough budget :) I haven't either, everything they touched turned to gold whereas we kept hitting the woodwork or being denied by Cech's fingertips, if not both in one play!

The Arsenal match was deffo a learning curve huh! But on wards and upwards Champions League football for next season and I'm sure some transfer dealings are on the way too. Best of luck for the upcoming season.

Hahaha a particularly steep one :P Thanks mate, hopefully we can kick on next season and do even better!

Intermission

Hey guys

I'm going on holidays for the next two weeks or so, I get home on New Years Day but might still not be free for a while after that, so I won't be able to update this story for a while. I've got a couple of updates for the days following the last game but don't have time to put them up now, and I won't be playing on holidays so won't be making any progress there either.

I will be back next year though, thanks to everyone for your support so far, and hopefully we can pick up (not quite) right where we left off once I get back to the game.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! I'm going to have a ton of reading to catch up on when I get back!

The good side of playing Southampton and not Real Madrid is you won't have the fan base raging to sell every player. Or have you?

Have a merry Christmass

Have fun in your vacations Patrick ! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with wins and lots of money for transfers ha ha !

Just caught up on this mate, well done on CL!

Enjoy your break and looking forward to more updates!

Just came across this story! Nice to see you have another one on the go Pat!

Will catch up on this, this evening. Man soo many to get through! ha

Keep it up dude :D

I'm back guys! I want to catch up on everyone else's stories, so I will get to that now, but after that, updates will resume! :)

The good side of playing Southampton and not Real Madrid is you won't have the fan base raging to sell every player. Or have you?

Have a merry Christmass

Haven't had anything like that so far thankfully :P Real Madrid fans are crazy!

Well deserved break after that season! Happy holidays. :)

Thanks mate, hope you're enjoying your holiday too!

Have fun in your vacations Patrick ! Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with wins and lots of money for transfers ha ha !

Thanks very much Kolas haha hope yours was great too!

Just caught up on this mate, well done on CL!

Enjoy your break and looking forward to more updates!

Thanks very much mate, glad to know you're enjoying it :)

Just came across this story! Nice to see you have another one on the go Pat!

Will catch up on this, this evening. Man soo many to get through! ha

Keep it up dude :D

Thanks Disco, good to see you back! Hoping you've started a story in my absence and if so, I'll be following!

I get the feeling the Southampton fans would not actually have been celebrating this.

Cazares broke his shoulder and is injured for a month.

Klopp is sacked by Liverpool after a 6th place finish.

I fined most of the players for their atrocious performances in the last game, and as expected, a few of them had concerns. Fortunately, they were all pacified by the comments I made, though I’m still a little annoyed that I can’t say to the defenders “Look, you conceded 8 goals, what further justification is needed?”

Long came and asked for first team football, and I agreed to sell him.

Ward-Prowse came to talk about Chelsea’s interest in him, but I told him he wouldn’t get first team football there, and fortunately, he agreed.

Rodriguez was second in the goalscorer tallies, but had the best strike rate in the league. Somehow in spite of this, he missed out on Team of the Year.

Juanmi picked up Young Player of the Year

Pelle was upset at not receiving enough first team football, so I agreed to sell him.

Back