Good result :) Great to see Gaston getting some game time! has the potential to be a class act if you have the patience. KIU.

​English Premier League - Game 1 - Bournemouth (Away)

Ramirez certainly earned the right to start our first Premier League match, and hopefully his fine start to the season continues here.

It didn’t take long - in the 8th minute he was heavily involved in the buildup to Cedric’s excellent cross, which Pelle finished with aplomb!

5 minutes later a gorgeous pass from the Uruguayan sent Tadic through, but Boruc made a fingertip save to deny the Serbian.

In the 16th minute Pugh should have made us pay for some slack defending but he took a fraction too long to shoot, and Stekelenburg was able to save.

In the 20th minute Tadic doubled our lead with a sensational strike after being teed up by Mane. Straight across the keeper and into the roof of the net.

Murray hit the bar with a header from about two yards out in the 35th minute.

In the 57th minute Ramirez was replaced by Davis, and we switched to a 4-3-3.

Juanmi replaced Tadic in the 66th minute.

Three minutes later, Stekelenburg parried a point blank volley from Wilson.

Caulker replaced Fonte in the 74th.

Virgil was unlucky to see his 82nd minute header from a corner crash off the far post.

Pelle was denied from close range by a great block in the 86th minute.

An unbelievable 60 or 70 yard run from Juanmi in the 92nd minute took him into the opposition box, where he squared for Pelle, who rifled into the bottom corner! Absolute brilliance from the young Spaniard!

A comfortable win in the end, and I am delighted with how clinical we were. It is a little worrying how many chances Bournemouth created though, and a look at the post match stats showed that the scoreline was somewhat flattering, and on a different day could have been reversed. Still, the last game and a half have been very positive on the whole - I must admit I was quite worried when we trailed 1-0 at home to Zylina at the break!

POM: Cedric (9.0, 0G, 1A)

Last edited:
Any transfer plans? I'm waiting for next Santos, Kardum, and this Korean beast (don't rememer his name) :p ;)

Any transfer plans? I'm waiting for next Santos, Kardum, and this Korean beast (don't rememer his name) :p ;)

I am certain that his scouts are already being traveling from place to place seeking for an amazing regen !!

Last edited:
Good results in EL qualifiers! As above mentioned I am also itching too see what regens you have picked up from the obscurities of the footballing world!

Kim Byung-Hyun, or KBH. He was incredible!

I am that his scouts has already being traveling from place to place seeking for an amazing regen !!

Hope they're very busy :)

Good results in EL qualifiers! As above mentioned I am also itching too see what regens you have picked up from the obscurities of the footballing world!

Could be pretty tough guys, considering the transfer restrictions! Hopefully I can still find some gems, I'll just have to choose wisely :p

English Premier League - Game 2 - Norwich (Home)

Wood for Targett is the only change in today’s starting lineup. Norwich are a decent side, but we should be winning games like this.

Things started badly though, with Ramirez forced off by a gashed leg in the 5th minute. Juanmi was his replacement.

Jarvis hit the bar for Norwich in the 8th minute with a ferocious 25 yard effort.

In the 23rd minute Juanmi timed his run to perfection to collect Tadic’s free kick behind the defensive line and slot past the keeper.

Jay Rodriguez replaced Pelle in the 65th, and Caulker came on for Virgil too.

A dull match came to an end without any further chances of note.

I’m pleased that we won, particularly as Wood really did look out of his depth at left back. Hopefully Targett will be back before too long, as on another day we could have suffered. Juanmi was outstanding off the bench, but hopefully Ramirez isn’t hurt.

POM: Juanmi (7.9, 1G, 0A)

Lucky to get away with that game just looking at the stats mate. A win's a win though! ;)

Steady start to your Southampton career! Stats for both the League games don't quite show dominance but it's still early stages. ;)

Good luck with the Europa League qualifier. Looks like an easy game on paper.

Steady start to your Southampton career! Stats for both the League games don't quite show dominance but it's still early stages. ;)

Good luck with the Europa League qualifier. Looks like an easy game on paper.

Thanks mate, still tinkering with tactics to try and work things out, once I get that settled hopefully we will be okay. And yeah looks it on paper but you never know!

UEFA Europa League - Playoff - Sarajevo (Away)

Heavily rotated lineup for this first leg, as once again we have a Premier League fixture in 3 days time. Still hopeful of, and expecting, a positive result.

In the 15th minute Jay Rodriguez had his head in his hands after failing to even test the keeper from Pelle’s lovely flick on.

Pelle then missed a glorious opportunity of his own when he fired straight at the keeper when through on goal.

In the 31st minute Juanmi played a lovely pass into the channel for Pelle, whose vicious strike was acrobatically tipped over the bar.

In the 52nd minute Davis’ chip into the area was hit straight at Delac by Ward-Prowse.

Youngster Hesketh replaced Pelle in the 55th minute, which saw Juanmi move to the left and Rodriguez up top.

Juanmi was replaced by Mane in the 72nd.

Romeu was hooked for Clasie a minute later.

In the 78th minute Mane’s promising run ended with him spraying his shot wide.

In the 81st minute Mane cut the ball back for Hesketh, whose shot from 6 yards was somehow kept out by Delac.

Just one of those days where our dominance just wasn’t translated into goals. Their keeper Delac’s outstanding performance was the main reason for this. A shame as a slip up at home could really cost us, but the performance at least gives me confidence that we can see them off in the return leg.

POM: Matej Delac (Sarajevo - 8.3, 13 saves)

Best Southampton Player: Steven Caulker (7.2, 0G, 0A)