UEFA Europa League - Playoff - Sarajevo (Home)

Second leg time, and Targett is back in the first team, allowing us to return to a back four. I’ve rotated again, but definitely want to win today to put us through to the Group Stage of the Europa League. Shane Long makes his first appearance since his horror show against Zylina, where he missed two penalties in two minutes!

In the 6th minute Mane swung in a sensational cross from deep, which Juanmi raced to meet at the back post and convert from a sharp angle.

Two minutes later, Ramirez played a sublime through ball for Long to race onto, but Delac denied the Irishman one v one.

In the 16th minute Sadio Mane received the ball out wide and burned his man, racing down the flank and into the box, where he squared for Long, who couldn’t miss from 6 yards, and didn’t!

Unfortunately, in the 37th minute when Targett’s cross found Long inside the 6 yard box, he could only hit the post.

In the 63rd minute Mane, Targett and Ramirez made way for Ward-Prowse, Wood and Hesketh.

We shut up shop from there, and there were no further chances.

Sadio Mane was the star today, laying on both goals as we comfortably saw off the Bosnians to progress to the Group Stage of the Europa League. Depending on the group, we’ll be looking to qualify for the knockouts.

POM: Sadio Mane (8.5, 0G, 2A)

Well we’ve been handed a nightmare of a group! Borussia Dortmund are undoubtedly going to finish top, and Beşiktaş are going to be our stiffest competition for second place, with IFK Göteborg looking to throw a spanner in the works.

Cracking start to the season, got the squad just need the consistency now! Dont let the Europa League swallow your 1st team's match fitness up, its mad!

Goteborg ! Doesn't ring a bell Patrick ? Or should I say Zlatan ?

I think you will only have some trouble against Dortmund! I have faith you will be overcome the rest!

You can take Dortmund mate!! Stick it to them!!

I'll do my best!

Cracking start to the season, got the squad just need the consistency now! Dont let the Europa League swallow your 1st team's match fitness up, its mad!

I've noticed this! I never used to get condition much lower than 70% during a game in previous FM's, but in this one it got down to about 58% on one player!

It'll be fine ! You are gonna qualify for UEL spring. ;)

Thanks man, I hope so! :p

Goteborg ! Doesn't ring a bell Patrick ? Or should I say Zlatan ?

Hahaha it certainly does, might feel like another Swedish Cup Final :p

I think you will only have some trouble against Dortmund! I have faith you will be overcome the rest!

Not expecting much against Dortmund but hopefully we can sneak in ahead of Besiktas :)

Quite an interesting draw in the Europa League. You should make it through though. Good luck!

Quite an interesting draw in the Europa League. You should make it through though. Good luck!

I hope so, I make us slight favourites ahead of Besiktas, but it might depend on how much I need to rotate too

Another good reason to steer clear of Liverpool is Jürgen Klopp. Dortmund are my favourite team behind Liverpool, and Klopp has been my favourite manager for years. I’m perfectly happy to leave Liverpool to him.....​

Haha. I have similar feelings in that I just can't start a L'pool save whilst he's here and displace him.

From hence forth for (hopefully) the next decade worth of FM's and more it will have to be A N Other club and leave L'pool down to chance of Klopp leaving in the game.

#powerofthenormalone ;).

Haha. I have similar feelings in that I just can't start a L'pool save whilst he's here and displace him.

From hence forth for (hopefully) the next decade worth of FM's and more it will have to be A N Other club and leave L'pool down to chance of Klopp leaving in the game.

#powerofthenormalone ;).

Exactly, I love Klopp, don't want to replace him and see him join whichever of the big teams loses their manager first, I want to see him turn Liverpool into the top team in England - alongside Southampton!

English Premier League - Game 4 - Crystal Palace (Home)

Crystal Palace today, as we look to maintain our excellent start to the season.

In the third minute Palace managed to put in a cross from the right to an isolated Connor Wickham straight in front, but he fired straight at Stekelenburg.

Sadio Mane’s 28th minute rocket whistled narrowly wide of the top corner.

In the 54th minute, Pelle and Ramirez came off for Juanmi and Ward-Prowse. Mane moved behind the striker.

Within minutes Juanmi was forced off by injury, to be replaced by Rodriguez in the 61st minute.

Rodriguez fired wide from a promising position in the 81st.

A poor game in which both teams struggled to create chances and get shots on target. I can forgive the team though after a hectic run of fixtures and injuries, and a 6th consecutive clean sheet is nothing to sniff at.

POM: Brede Hangeland (Crystal Palace - 7.5, 0G, 0A)

Best Southampton Player: Jose Fonte (7.4, 0G, 0A)

Very good start to the season so far, especially given the many injuries that you have suffered. Really bad luck with that Europa League draw but with a bit of luck anything is possible. Will definately be following this one from now on.

Very good start to the season so far, especially given the many injuries that you have suffered. Really bad luck with that Europa League draw but with a bit of luck anything is possible. Will definately be following this one from now on.

Thanks mate, can't really complain with how we've gone so far :) Glad to have you on board!

English Premier League - Game 5 - Manchester City (Away)

Our first true test of the Premier League season comes as we travel to the Etihad to take on Manchester City. Not expecting too much from this game, but we’ve set up to concede possession, and hopefully hit them on the break.

In the 23rd minute David Silva played a fantastic ball for Zabaleta, who could only hit the side netting.

Three minutes later City attacked down the right again but Samir Nasri’s vicious effort was brilliant tipped wide by Stekelenburg.

Demichelis had a free header from the resulting corner but could only direct it into the arms of the keeper.

In the 44th minute De Bruyne found Aguero in the box, straight in front, with just the keeper to beat from 8 yards or so. He was never going to miss.

In the 55th minute Pelle, Mane and Targett were replaced by Juanmi, Ward-Prowse and Wood.

Just two minutes later an inch-perfect cross from Cedric found Tadic ahead of his man in the box, but the Serbian inexplicably missed the target from point blank range.

Unfortunately, that proved to be the last chance of the game for either side.

Man City certainly dominated but I’m left wondering what might have been if Tadic had converted that simple chance. We set up to play on the break and the stats certainly reflect that, but our failure to put even one shot on target really cost us today.

POM: Pablo Zabaleta (Man City - 9.0, 0G, 0A)

Best Southampton Players: Cedric and Victor Wanyama (6.9, 0G, 0A)