Votes: 34 63.0%
  • Suarez/Carroll

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marko8

Reaction score
Which tandem will be more dangerous? (it's not just for game Chelsea-Liverpool) What tandem have better chances to score more goals?

Your not even going to wait to see them play before you judge them?.. Seriously.

I mean c'mon thats fairly obvious int it?

torres and drogba are two world class stars proven in the prem league

although on fm.. suarez and carroll are a match made in heaven poacher and target man :p

Short answer: we don't know.

Long answer is the same just with more abuse.

Drogba/Torres. Untill Drogs starts to decline and Carroll starts to get better then probably Carroll-Suarez.

Of course we wont know for sure till we see them.

On paper: Torres / Drogba.

But who knows, no one has seen them play. Suarez could be come up big for Pool too.

On paper: Torres / Drogba.

But who knows, no one has seen them play. Suarez could be come up big for Pool too.

Pretty much this. You can only judge on paper, and on paper it's quite clearly Drogba & Torres.

IRL, we won't know for a few months, or if you want to look really closely, about a year.

tbh, torres/drogba seems deadly when attacking

but suarez/carroll combo is the perfect recipe for bagging lots of goals

none of us can see the future, lets at least wait till sunday before we can draw any sort of judgement

Your not even going to wait to see them play before you judge them?.. Seriously.
I mean c'mon thats fairly obvious int it?
come on hes just asking who the general public think will be better
no need for the abuse :S

Which tandem will be more dangerous? (it's not just for game Chelsea-Liverpool) What tandem have better chances to score more goals?

Did you even read my post?? I'm just aksing what you Think - which tandem will be better. Just that..

If they click then Drogba and Torres would be absolutely devastating. Saying that Drogba is 32 now and has what 2 years maybe left in him at Chelsea max. But when he retires i can see Chelsea playing 3 upfront with Torres, Kalou and Sturridge in a front 3 and that could be very good too.

Carroll has has a good half a season but moving to Liverpool will only improve him as a player and a man. Suarez is a tricky one because coming from the Dutch league you cant really judge. Former goal scoring machines in Holland such as Kuyt, Kezman and Afonso Alves all couldnt repeat their goal scoring ability in the PL (althouth Kuyt has re-invented himself as a right sided player he isnt prolific like he used to be in Holland). But then you have players like Van Persie and Ruud Van Nistelrooy who have been a success in England. In the short term i think Drogba and Torres will score and create more goals but Carroll and Suarez both have age on their side.

Can't really judge yet. However, Drogba and Torres are both acclimatized to the Premier League, whereas Suarez has been playing in Holland.

On paper its obviously Torres-Drogba, both of them arguably are in the top 5 strikers in the world, but we have to wait and see obviously

We don't know.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

If they click then Drogba and Torres would be absolutely devastating. Saying that Drogba is 32 now and has what 2 years maybe left in him at Chelsea max. But when he retires i can see Chelsea playing 3 upfront with Torres, Kalou and Sturridge in a front 3 and that could be very good too.

Carroll has has a good half a season but moving to Liverpool will only improve him as a player and a man. Suarez is a tricky one because coming from the Dutch league you cant really judge. Former goal scoring machines in Holland such as Kuyt, Kezman and Afonso Alves all couldnt repeat their goal scoring ability in the PL (althouth Kuyt has re-invented himself as a right sided player he isnt prolific like he used to be in Holland). But then you have players like Van Persie and Ruud Van Nistelrooy who have been a success in England. In the short term i think Drogba and Torres will score and create more goals but Carroll and Suarez both have age on their side.

Kuyt was a totally different kind of player in Holland and Suarez' goals per game ratio is about twice as good.

Rooney and Berbatov....

on topic though, you can't judge untill seeing them play together first.

We don't know.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Kuyt was a totally different kind of player in Holland and Suarez' goals per game ratio is about twice as good.

Kezman's goal per game ratio was better than Van Nistelrooys in Holland. Its a gamble but then again most signings are a gamble. If it pays off then it will be an excellent gamble.

---------- Post added at 08:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Rooney and Berbatov....

on topic though, you can't judge untill seeing them play together first.

Berba didnt score last night did he ?? jw?

That's nice, another Suarez, Carroll and Torres thread. I haven't heard much about them this transfer window, have they moved clubs?

Yep like our terrible signing of Shevchenko, sad to say we probably screwed up the man's career

Status
Not open for further replies.