Team GB Olympic squad

I'm English.I'm only saying this because I'd rather see an actual Team GB rather than a team England.. Think we would have a much better chance with a mixture than the squad we have.In the press conference he said something along the lines of "I couldn't tell you the nationality of a lot of these guys, I just see them as British." - Watch it yourself if you don't believe me.Anyway, whatever.. I just find it strange that Pearce also said that all his decisions were footballing ones, and that nobody influenced his decision at all. If that was the case then he should have picked Scottish and Irish. Oh well.

Its still not a freaking team England either. There are 5 welshmen in it, 2 of them are probably our best players. Bellamy is almost certaintly going to be pretty key. Would love to know who else from outside the england and welsh players would have made it considerably better, given that 2 of the overage places were nailed on for Giggs and Bellamy, and the 3rd went to Richards was picked because we have lost so many defenders.

Does anyone know if the Spainish or Japanese teams have been announced?

Prelim only i think...

David De Gea (Manchester United), Diego Marino (Villarreal), Joel Robles (Atletico Madrid); Jordi Alba (Valencia/Barcelona), Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Alberto Botia (Sporting Gijon), Alvaro Dommnguez (Borussia Monchengladbach), Inigo Martinez (Real Sociedad), Javi Martmnez and Mikel San Jose (both Athletic Bilbao), Martin Montoya (Barcelona); Thiago Alcantara and Cristian Tello (both Barcelona), Ander Herrera (Athletic Bilbao), Isco (Malaga), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Juan Mata and Oriol Romeu (both Chelsea); Adrian Lopez (Atletico Madrid), Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao), Rodrigo (Benfica), Alvaro Vazquez (Espanyol)

Google is your friend...

Goalkeepers: De Gea (Manchester United), Robles (Atletico Madrid), Marino (Villarreal)

Defenders: Azpilicueta (Marseille), Alba (Valencia), Martinez (Athletic Bilbao), Dominguez (Borussia Moenchengladbach), Montoya (Barcelona), Botia (Sporting Gijon), San Jose (Athletic Bilbao), Martinez (Real Sociedad)

Midfielders: Thiago (Barcelona), Herrera (Athletic Bilbao), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Romeu (Chelsea), Isco (Malaga), Mata (Chelsea), Muniain (Athletic Bilbao)

Forwards: Adrian (Atletico Madrid), Vasquez (Espanyol), Tello (Barcelona), Rodrigo (Benfica)

4 players still to be cut.

Prelim only i think...

David De Gea (Manchester United), Diego Marino (Villarreal), Joel Robles (Atletico Madrid); Jordi Alba (Valencia/Barcelona), Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille), Alberto Botia (Sporting Gijon), Alvaro Dommnguez (Borussia Monchengladbach), Inigo Martinez (Real Sociedad), Javi Martmnez and Mikel San Jose (both Athletic Bilbao), Martin Montoya (Barcelona); Thiago Alcantara and Cristian Tello (both Barcelona), Ander Herrera (Athletic Bilbao), Isco (Malaga), Koke (Atletico Madrid), Juan Mata and Oriol Romeu (both Chelsea); Adrian Lopez (Atletico Madrid), Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao), Rodrigo (Benfica), Alvaro Vazquez (Espanyol)

Thank you very much.

I am ballboying at Hampden Park. Cannot wait!

There are other stronger teams on paper than Team GB no doubt, but I will be very keen to see how our lads do, hopefully as we have quite a few players in our team who are talented with the ball, we can play some possession football and just see how we do.

Definitely would like to see how Steven Caulker and Tom Cleverley does, I think they could be future England key players.

Not if Roy sticks around.

Hmm, sadly it will probably still be that Terry as our CB for the next World Cup... which does lead to us having such a deep defensive line, shame when we have talented Centre Back's with pace.

I am bitterly disappointed to see Richards picked and the absence of Northern Irish and Scottish representation, but obviously the respective FA's of each have to shoulder most of the blame. Jonny Evans should have been included, along with Jordan Rhodes and possibly Barry Bannan, but the squad is a good one overall.

It's just a shame that many of our better players won't be utilised whereas the likes of Spain are brave enough to include Euro participants like Juan Mata. Obviously Butland will play, but the likes of Jones, Kelly and even Oxlade-Chamberlain should have been given the chance too, imo.

The Ox? Why not play him? Is Bellamy better? Also, I don't see Bale in the squad online, am I looking at the wrong one or is Pearce really dumb? or did he decline the call-up?

One person i was surprised with was Jordi Alba..

Full season with Valencia, Played every game at the Euro's and now Olympics..

who says people play too many games!

The Ox? Why not play him? Is Bellamy better? Also, I don't see Bale in the squad online, am I looking at the wrong one or is Pearce really dumb? or did he decline the call-up?

Injured, its been over the news past few days haha..

Both injured? Well, that's just bad luck. My bad. :D

Both injured? Well, that's just bad luck. My bad. :D

Just Bale Injured... Ox was not chosen because he went Euro's.. dont think Pearce wanted to select players that went to the Euro's due to the clubs complaining.. only Butland who didnt play at all is included

I am bitterly disappointed to see Richards picked and the absence of Northern Irish and Scottish representation, but obviously the respective FA's of each have to shoulder most of the blame. Jonny Evans should have been included, along with Jordan Rhodes and possibly Barry Bannan, but the squad is a good one overall.

It's just a shame that many of our better players won't be utilised whereas the likes of Spain are brave enough to include Euro participants like Juan Mata. Obviously Butland will play, but the likes of Jones, Kelly and even Oxlade-Chamberlain should have been given the chance too, imo.

Evans is over 23. Straight shoot between him and Richards. Personally I would have picked Evans but i see the merit of Richards in view of the defensive injuries.

And the rule was always that we wouldnt pick from the Euro group with the exception of butland

Just Bale Injured... Ox was not chosen because he went Euro's.. dont think Pearce wanted to select players that went to the Euro's due to the clubs complaining.. only Butland who didnt play at all is included
Well, as an Arsenal fan, I wouldn't mind Chambo getting some game time in a big tournament. Roy was stubborn enough to play Young at the EURO's even if he was rather weak IMO. I don't think Wenger would mind either, we have both wings covered, at least for the start of the season, and he would gain valuable experience playing for Team GB. Anyways, sorry to dissapoint you but Brazil and Spain look much better.

Evans is over 23. Straight shoot between him and Richards. Personally I would have picked Evans but i see the merit of Richards in view of the defensive injuries.

And the rule was always that we wouldnt pick from the Euro group with the exception of butland

I had realised Evans was older, but he is realistically the only Northern Irish player that would improve the squad, and for me, Richards turned his back on his country. He doesn't deserve to participate in the Olympics.

And regarding that rule, I remember hearing it before the Euro's started, but I don't remember hearing the reasoning behind it? If Jordi Alba, Javi Martinez and Juan Mata can compete in both, why can't our boys?

And regarding that rule, I remember hearing it before the Euro's started, but I don't remember hearing the reasoning behind it? If Jordi Alba, Javi Martinez and Juan Mata can compete in both, why can't our boys?

I have a feeling they're scared of the Managers.