liverpool-fc-logo.jpg

Name: Liverpool FC
Founded:1892
League: English Premier League
Stadium: Anfield
Capacity: 45276
Media Prediction: 5th

Expectations

In the first season, you will get a choice of 3 expectations; Qualify for Europa League, Qualify for Champions League and Title Challenge. As you only get £1 Million extra from title challenge, I would pick Qualify for Europa as their is less pressure on you.

Expectations.......///......................./...Transfer Budget.........Wage Budget
Qualify for Europa:///......................./£3 Million......................£1.5 Million
Qualify for Champions league:
////£3.8 Million...................£1.7 Million
Title Challenge:///............................/£4.1 Million...................£1.7 Million

Once you have sold some players though, you will have a nice amount of money to play with, but we will come to that later in the guide

Staff

Liverpool have some good staff memebers, and some pretty poor ones. Im not very good with staff, so you will have to have a look yourself, but there is one I can recommend. Terminate Colin Pascoes contract, and get in Johan Cruijff.

Key Players

Steven Gerrard:
Liverpools captain and star player. Gerrard has excellent all-round ability, and can also play in several different positions. His best positions is attacking midfielder and can play as an advanced playmaker, attacking midfielder, insider forward and Trequartista equally well.

Luis Suarez:

The Uruguayan is another top player at Liverpool and is the chief goal getter (although he has only been given 13 finishing despite being second top scorer this season). His best position is up top as a deep lying forward or complete forward, but can also play on either wing or central attacking midfield. His dribbling ability is his best quality

Daniel Agger

Agger is Liverpool hard hitting no nonsense centre back. Like Steven Gerrard, is a very well rounded player. He does suffer from injuries though, so you must monitor his fitness carefully.

Youth Prospects

Raheem Sterling

At the age of just 17, Sterling has already become one of my favorite players at the club. The young tricky winger has already proved his ability in the first team, and has excellent potential for the future. His pace and dribbling really troubles defenders when he is playing in his natural position which is on the right wing.

Jordon Ibe

Ibe is another excellent young winger coming through the academy. His has good pace and dribbling for his age, and with the correct training and tutoring, he can become a quality player.

Transfers Out

Due to issues with the ME, I usually play with 3 at the back with every team I use, and I feel this works really well for Liverpool. They have 3 good CBs in Skrtel, Agger and Coates. The lack of full backs also means you can sell Jose Enrique and Glen Johnson who fetch a fair amount of money. The player I normally offer are:

Glen Johnson: £18.5 Million
Offers From: Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal

Jose Enrique: £9 Million
Offers From: Arsenal, Tottenham

Stuart Downing: £10.75 Million
Offers From: Fulham

Doni: £1.2 Million
Offers From: Man City

If you manage to sell all these players, you should have around £25 Million to play with. You will also receive many loan offers for your younger players. I usually accept if they are offered first team football.

Transfers In

Now that you have a bit of money to play with, now comes the fun part. Using my formation of 3-5-2, the positions I would look for are; CB, LM and ST. Some of the players I would recommend are:

Demba Ba: Excellent striker and is avaliable for just £7 Million.

Alan Dzagoev: Was labeled the Russian "Messi" in the last few version of FM. Can be picked up for free at the beginning of the game, and will join in January.

Wilifred Zaha: Continuing with Liverpools building for the future approach, Zaha is an excellent signing. For £6 Million, I think he is a bargain. He can play up top, or right midfield.

Raul Albiol: A solid signing from Real Madrid. He is available for £6.25 Million. There are several teams chasing him though, so he can sometimes prove hard to get.

Neven Subotic: A slightly more expensive option at the back, but a very good one who will improve over time. Can be picked up for around £15 Million.

Nathan Redmond: Another excellent young pacey English winger. He can play both on the right and left hand side, and I have had good results with him on the left. He can be picked up for around £5 Million

You may not be able to get all of these players, but you will probably be able to get most of them. This is what my transfers looked liked after playing:

View attachment 281879
+ Dzagoev coming in January

Tactics

I have been using one of the tactics by TheBetterHalf (I will link the tactic when I find it :)). I had some excellent results when I used it with the Fm-Base team in the money bags challenge. Admittedly I should be winning all the games, but as people have been struggling this year, managing to go over 100 games unbeaten was a real achievement.

This is my line up before the opening game of the season:

Liverpooltactics.png

A line up which I feel is fairly strong, and is also one with potential for years to come.

Training and Tutoring

In this section I will just give a quick review on what focus you should put certain players on and what new positions to train them too.

Raheem Sterling: MR, Quickness
Joe Allen: DM
Wilifred Zaha: Shooting (If you are going to use him as a striker), Crossing (If you are going to use him as a winger)
Oussama Assaidi: Passing
Fabio Borini: Composue
Martin Kelly: Tackling

Tutoring

Steven Gerrard ---> Raheem Sterling
Luis Suarez ---> Wilifred Zaha

Just a short guide but I hope it helps a few people. If you feel I have left anything out, feel free to comment and I will see where I can add it :)

Last edited:
Think its the ATTACKING POSSESSION tactic, did ya win the league? Love the guide pretty much everything i did when i started my liverpool save! hope you make other guides :)

oh yeah was gna ask does tutoring help at all? never used it but thanks for the tips

Good guide, however selling Johnson and Enrique is madness espeically glen.. both very good on the game, Enrique is overrated imo!

oh yeah was gna ask does tutoring help at all? never used it but thanks for the tips

Yeah it does. you need a player with high determination to tutor a younger player with lower determination. The younger player determination will usually rise greatly. If they have better determination, they are more likely to reach their potential.

They can also pick up some of the PPMs of the tutoring player

Good guide, however selling Johnson and Enrique is madness espeically glen.. both very good on the game, Enrique is overrated imo!

Aye, it was a tough decision, but considering the money you can get for them, I thought it was worth it. Gives you a chance to build your own squad then.

I got rid of Enrique but kept Johnson.

Good guide

Did you Tweak the tactic at all? 100 games unbeaten is awesome.... if so could you upload it please

nice guide iamauser who is redmond or is he a regen or a liverpool youth player could i see a screenshot mate?

Decent guide, in my first season i finished 2nd a few points behind Chelski (top all season, long europa league and domestic cup runs) runners up to barca in europa league, capital one cup winners and fa cup quarter final loss to Chelski!

In my second season im coming up to March, top with Man U-****** a point behind, 1st knockout round of Champions league against Shakhtar, out of Capital One to Derby and FA cup quarter against Spurs i think) Hopefully i dont loose out at the last hurdle this season!

I've also signed Luuk De Jong 16m and Daniel Sturridge 18m absolute goal machines!!

Would really love a link to the tactic or a screenie of the team settings especially as I like to play Liverpool :)

Does Andy Carroll go to West Ham permanently at the end of the first season???
Don't want to sign too many folk if I have to try and accommodate him and his wages in my squad

It's quite interesting to see what's became of Liverpool in my save. In season 7 they've yet to finish in the top 10, and more years than not they win the Worst Signing of the Season award.

Too early to say if this is an accurate prognostication, but for the life of me I can't see them emerging from the mid table mediocrity that they've bought for themselves.

Getting over £17m for Johnson and over £10m for Downing is a farce though. I didn't know you could take an automatic weapon into transfer negotiations with other chairmen.

Minor edit, you can actually get £18.5 Million for Johnson.

Decent guide, in my first season i finished 2nd a few points behind Chelski (top all season, long europa league and domestic cup runs) runners up to barca in europa league, capital one cup winners and fa cup quarter final loss to Chelski!

In my second season im coming up to March, top with Man U-****** a point behind, 1st knockout round of Champions league against Shakhtar, out of Capital One to Derby and FA cup quarter against Spurs i think) Hopefully i dont loose out at the last hurdle this season!

I've also signed Luuk De Jong 16m and Daniel Sturridge 18m absolute goal machines!!
Did you play 3-5-2 bud? had some shocking results with it :p probs the other variables like training team talks and **** that makes me struggle. could you upload your tactic also a tip for the forum if you sell Kelly you can get 8 million :) great if your playing 3-5-2 and dont need a fb

How did you get those arrows on the tactics overview? Reminds me of FM10 or something, I thought they removed that option a couple years ago.

How did you get those arrows on the tactics overview? Reminds me of FM10 or something, I thought they removed that option a couple years ago.

Converted the tactic to classic mate

I see none of your midfielders and dm is natural. Does that make any difference? And also who are your wide midfielders? I'm thinking to play like that but finding good wide midfielder is quite tough!