• Views Views 9K

John Terry back as England captain?

• Yes

Votes: 72 44.7%
  • No

Votes: 89 55.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well some may say he dealt with it poorly in the first place in replacing Terry as captain just 6months before a WC.

At least he told Terry he was happening..... And The FA forced his Hand. he had handled this badly, as Fabio said, Terry will never captain under me again in the Summer. Can we trust anything this clown says?

Why're we speculating over whether Rio is ****** off when Terry being appointed Captain for the next game still remains speculation itself.

The England captaincy was plunged into farce and confusion last night as Fabio Capello told Rio Ferdinand the Manchester United defender STILL has the armband after all.
Ferdinand was left angered and infuriated by Capello’s clear signal that he would be asked to relinquish the captaincy back to John Terry , 13 months after the Chelsea skipper was stripped of the role.
But last night Capello and his entourage were insistent that the Italian MEANT to suggest Terry would purely lead England against Wales and Ghana later this month and that Ferdinand remained, for now, the first-choice skipper.
The ridiculous change of stance came amid hints from Ferdinand’s associates that the Old Trafford star - who has only captained England in four of the 11 games since being formally confirmed as Terry’s successor - was deeply upset at the course of events.

Ferdinand had been told by Capello’s chief lieutenant, Franco Baldini, over the weekend that the switch to Terry was only temporary, a line that was blown out of the water by the manager’s on-the-record statements on Monday.
Yet last night the position had changed again, with Baldini understood to have again been the conduit for passing information to the United man.
Capello elected not to speak with ­Ferdinand at Old Trafford last night before United’s Champions League tie with Marseille, but was said to want to stress Terry was captain only for the next two internationals.
A decision on who would be confirmed as full-time skipper would only be taken when all the senior players were available, ahead of the final Euro 2012 qualifier of the season against Switzerland in June, but that Terry was now considered, once more, as a viable candidate.
It was a cop-out position, with Capello seemingly wanting to back away publicly from a decision he has already taken.
Ferdinand was keeping his head down last night, not taking his expected place in the Old Trafford directors box at the start of the game.
A source close to the player said: “Rio is fine and just wants to focus on getting fit for United. There’s no more to say or will be said.”​

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/new...John-Terry-only-a-stand-in-article714169.html

ignore the mirror, they are spinning it. as we have said before no decision had been made, and in fact no decision will be made until after then Wales game,and it isnt just for one game, its permanent. Rio will be capatin if he can prove he can stay fit. The only confusion and farce here is from the press...

ignore the mirror, they are spinning it. as we have said before no decision had been made, and in fact no decision will be made until after then Wales game,and it isnt just for one game, its permanent. Rio will be capatin if he can prove he can stay fit. The only confusion and farce here is from the press...

Something is not right.. thought. These reports are coming thick and fast, it is very similar to how the Rooney saga began.. I want to hear something from Rio but he is playing the clever game, keeping a very low profile.

Something is not right.. thought. These reports are coming thick and fast, it is very similar to how the Rooney saga began.. I want to hear something from Rio but he is playing the clever game, keeping a very low profile.
no people are speculating something isnt right, just becuase they got the rooney thing right doesnt make up for the 90% of stuff they got wrong. Dont think Rio is playing any game, he is just being very professional as usual, got bigger things to worry about, like getting back to fitness. Whatever feelings he may have, he wont let it affect him or the England side by making then known

no people are speculating something isnt right, just becuase they got the rooney thing right doesnt make up for the 90% of stuff they got wrong. Dont think Rio is playing any game, he is just being very professional as usual, got bigger things to worry about, like getting back to fitness. Whatever feelings he may have, he wont let it affect him or the England side by making then known

What ever happens Rio is going to come out looking good in it all. no? He hasnt commented or done anything rash. no Ultimatiums or anything like that.

I never said they dont get a long wrong, but i think this situation is going to turn into one of them great farces of English Football. Wait it already has, when Capello said Terry will NEVER captain under his regime again, yet he isnt ruling it out now.

What ever happens Rio is going to come out looking good in it all. no? He hasnt commented or done anything rash. no Ultimatiums or anything like that.

I never said they dont get a long wrong, but i think this situation is going to turn into one of them great farces of English Football. Wait it already has, when Capello said Terry will NEVER captain under his regime again, yet he isnt ruling it out now.
i dont think he expected to have his stand in constantly in and out. another reason not to say never. I dont get it, if it end up benefiting the side and players, who cares if he makes a U-turn?

i think that gerrard should be captain, he's the only player that can take a game by the scruff of the neck and almost single handedly win games

i dont think he expected to have his stand in constantly in and out. another reason not to say never. I dont get it, if it end up benefiting the side and players, who cares if he makes a U-turn?

Well again Fabio know the risks, when he named an injury prone player captain, did he not..?

The fact will remain can we ever trust a thing this man says..? I for one think not. If he is bold enough to say NEVER, he should stick to his word. Has the man no honour..?

Well again Fabio know the risks, when he named an injury prone player captain, did he not..?

The fact will remain can we ever trust a thing this man says..? I for one think not. If he is bold enough to say NEVER, he should stick to his word. Has the man no honour..?
thats ridiculous, so he should stick to his guns even it could negatively affect the squad? pointless

anyway thats me done on this, im happy with whatever benefits the side

thats ridiculous, so he should stick to his guns even it could negatively affect the squad? pointless

anyway thats me done on this, im happy with whatever benefits the side

He will show weakness by re instating someone who has openly, in the public eye, attacked him and tried to over throw him in a world cup campaign, as captain. He will show weakness by going back on a very bold statement. That is not the kinda leader i want of my national team.

Well thats your decision Carl.

Yer of corse it is, but its a well known that they are pretty on the money with everything they print. Its totally up to the individual what they chose to believe but i was just stating what i believe lol.

Yer of corse it is, but its a well known that they are pretty on the money with everything they print. Its totally up to the individual what they chose to believe but i was just stating what i believe lol.

i know, I just decided that was up to you.. Nothing more mate, seemed a totally random and pointless comment, but o.k.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/9430471.stm

Well it happened.

I think the way Fabio talks about it is a joke, He says "After one year of punishment, Terry will again be the permanent captain. I think one year's punishment is enough." So stripping him was only a short term punishment, I am sure he never mentioned this to Rio when he gave him the job, He has shown no respect to Rio and tbh, I hope rio tells him and England where to stuff it.

Just been confirmed.

John Terry is once again England's permanent captain. Disgrace. Punishing Rio Ferdinand for John Terry's mistake is wrong. Hope Rio retires from International Football now to concentrate on United. Total disrespect shown towards him by Capello.

#rio4captain

Back