nezza6969

Reaction score
Hey guys Iv'e created a Narrow 4-2-3-1 for many people who have E-mailed me and also private message me to create a Narrow 4-2-3-1. Some from different Country's which was a nightmare with Google translate ;)

But the problem is I don't have much time to fully test my tactic at a specific time for those who are in a hurry for new tactics.

So I will try to make this short as possible, first thing first the tactic

View attachment 395795 as you can see it's a Narrow 4-2-3-1, I wanted to make this tactic solid at the back, solid in midfield and good passing & creativity in the final third, my goal was for this is to have a better passing & tackling % than the opponents, so far so good.

View attachment 395794 as you can see I don't have a superb squad but above average and to me a squad that could get me in the top 6.

View attachment 395793 looking good so far but the next 4 games is perfect for me to tweak my tactic against the opposition to make a Narrow 4-2-3-1 that would do good against bigger and better teams.

View attachment 395792 looks promising but I know this won't last long, but on the positive side though my tactic isn't fully fluid yet and I may have a few more months until it reaches fully fluid in all areas.

What Iv'e seen from this tactic is that once I improve my squad and set up PPM's I know this will become better so I'm hoping it's consistent every season.

so I need your help guys to test this tactic in many levels like for instant big teams which I think they would relish this, similar teams or average, and also small teams.

any negative and positive feedback is very welcomed and I don't want any trolls on here only true FM14 Managers ;)

If you's have made tweaks for this to make it better against big, average and small teams please let me know, also set pieces would be grateful if any one has a good one, and also recommended players for certain roles so that newcomers know who to buy.

many people have different training methods and match training methods this would also come very useful, but for at the moment I use ( pre-season 3 months team cohesion on very high with tactics only ) then during the season I have this

View attachment 395783

if your team starts to go down hill and not performing well go with this ( screenshot below )

View attachment 394265

so enjoy guys and let me and others know how you got on, cheers :)

( tactic link below )

View attachment 395782

( tactic link v.2 below )this has a different set piece

View attachment 395520

( tactic link below if your team becomes complacent ) ( also use teamwork for match training )

View attachment 394951

( tactic link below V.4 ) ( this is best used when you have much better and creative AP & SS, set piece changed, new players instructions have been added )

View attachment 394272

( tactic link below V.5 ) ( this is best used when you have superior creative players, set piece changed and added team instructions )

View attachment 392747

P.S I would like to thank Artisan for letting me use parts of his epic magic 4-2-2-2 tactic to make this successful.

P.S I will keep this thread updated on tweaks and PPM's, I will also keep you's updated on attributes for specific roles once I get back on.

PLAYERS ATTRIBUTES FOR ROLES

what's shaded in blue is the main attributes to focus on, then I will tell you's the key attributes to focus on after the main one's to develop your player better.

Also DETERMINATION is the one you should always have in players when developing young players or even when purchasing players.

GK --- View attachment 395636 key attributes - kicking and balance.

CWB --- View attachment 395635 key attributes - passing, technique, first touch, balance, strength, off the ball & finishing.

BPD --- View attachment 395631 key attributes - acceleration, pace & first touch.

BWM --- View attachment 395628 key attributes - acceleration, pace, first touch & passing.

AP --- View attachment 395625 key attributes - acceleration, pace, positioning, composure, tackling, finishing & crossing.

SS --- View attachment 395619 key attributes - acceleration, pace, balance, positioning & dribbling.

AF --- View attachment 395616 key attributes - acceleration, balance, positioning, passing & first touch.

SUGGESTED MENTALITY AGAINST TEAMS.

ongoing tweaking & updating.

against bigger teams if your an average team use attacking mentality when playing away.

against bigger teams at home use control or attacking.

against similar/average teams again use attacking or control for home & away.

using the mentality shown above I have won all 4 tough teams View attachment 395595 with no tweaks but only change in Mentality before the match, 10 goals and 1 conceded this is showing to be a real gem of a tactic :)

TEAM TALKS

when the game begins do not use team talks at the start, half time when you are winning by 1,2,3 goals use ( don't get complacent ) on assertive or calm.

when losing at half time be aggressive, even when it's a draw but you are the better team again be aggressive.

if you are winning 4,5,6 goals by half time don't say anything in team talks.

UPDATES FROM THE FIRST SEASON. ( Completed )

came second in the PL, won the capital one cup and FA cup.

View attachment 394780 View attachment 394779 View attachment 394778 View attachment 394777

SECOND SEASON UPDATES. ( ongoing )

won Community Shield, won the Premier League.

View attachment 394775 View attachment 394273 View attachment 393871 View attachment 393870

TRANSFERS HISTORY

View attachment 394774 View attachment 394773

TACTIC & GOALS ANALYSIS ( first season )

View attachment 394770 View attachment 394769

View attachment 394768 View attachment 394766 View attachment 394764

from the tactic analysis shown above my tactic seems to do very well against 4-2-3-1 & 4-1-2-2-1.

PPM's training.

GK -- for this I would use develop weaker foot until he is both right & left footed so simply pass to any direction.

CB -- Mark tighter, play simple & shoots with more power.

CWB's -- Dribble down left/right flanks, knock ball past opponent & pass instead of shoot.

LCM -- switch ball to flanks, dives into tackles.

RCM -- dives into tackles.

AP's -- places shoot, comes deep to get the ball, plays one's two's, killer through balls, run often with ball lob the keeper. Basically Messi PPM as shown below

View attachment 394100

SS -- same as AP but with round the keeper and dribble through the centre.

AF/Poacher -- places shoot, lob or round the keeper, this depends on your strikers technical ability if it's 15+ use lob if it's below 14 use round the keeper and also develop his weaker foot until he can play with both feet

Last edited:
ah the legendary tactician is back :) im going to try this with AS Monaco, i will let you know how it goes

ah the legendary tactician is back :) im going to try this with AS Monaco, i will let you know how it goes

cheers mate, AS Monaco should be good with this in the attacking department with Falcao and Rodriguez

Started a save with QPR. Will update after season is over.

I'm going to try it. I'm very excited to see the 8.00 at average rating of Gouffran.

I want to ask who is usually the top scorer? Thanks! ;)

I'm going to try it. I'm very excited to see the 8.00 at average rating of Gouffran.

I want to ask who is usually the top scorer? Thanks! ;)

Pratto my striker, but goals come from all over the place, Gouffran so far has scored 4 goals and assisted 8 goals and he's been played in the SS role, also Iv'e been looking at his match stats and he's doing very well in passing and tackling %

giving a try with my schalke save on 2nd season. Will feed you back

You use this tactic home and away match?
And you use mentality: control and fluidity: fluid everything? Against bigger and small team?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm a french player
Thank you for your answer.

Pratto my striker, but goals come from all over the place, Gouffran so far has scored 4 goals and assisted 8 goals and he's been played in the SS role, also Iv'e been looking at his match stats and he's doing very well in passing and tackling %

Thanks man.
Last two things:
OI?
Best attributes for each role?

You use this tactic home and away match?
And you use mentality: control and fluidity: fluid everything? Against bigger and small team?

Sorry for my bad english, i'm a french player
Thank you for your answer.

I use the tactic for home and away but I do switch the mentality during matches, I am further testing different mentality against bigger teams to see which one is better

Thanks man.
Last two things:
OI?
Best attributes for each role?

at the moment I'm not using OI but I'm not sure OI would be a good thing or bad with this tactic but give it a try mate and let me know how it develops.

I will update the thread on certain attributes and PPM's to train and use once I get back onto my game but in the meantime I would use attributes for the specific roles for instant a BWM I would use passing, tackling, Marking, strength, speed & positioning

at the moment I'm not using OI but I'm not sure OI would be a good thing or bad with this tactic but give it a try mate and let me know how it develops.

I will update the thread on certain attributes and PPM's to train and use once I get back onto my game but in the meantime I would use attributes for the specific roles for instant a BWM I would use passing, tackling, Marking, strength, speed & positioning

So can I use the attibutes that FM suggest for each role?

so far tactis is looking strong at attacking, possesion.
but the defence line has to be tweaked, it is way unstable and the opposition could really easily get CCC's with few position % and on target shots.

Of course ME has huge share on it :)

so far tactis is looking strong at attacking, possesion.
but the defence line has to be tweaked, it is way unstable and the opposition could really easily get CCC's with few position % and on target shots.

Of course ME has huge share on it :)

this tactic needs fast defenders, the reason why the defensive line is push much higher up is that is to keep the ball in the opponents half, if you train your defenders attributes as suggested in the thread you will see improvement.

I have to say, I do like the domination you get from this tactic - an the pressing is really good. Just look at the Newcastle game, not one shot and we had 10 CCCs. The Aston Villa game was impressive too, got a defender sent off after 4 mins and took my striker off, they scored direct from the free-kick yet we still won 3-1. Granted the games haven't been too difficult but it's playing quite well, thanks!

View attachment 395571View attachment 395569

I have to say, I do like the domination you get from this tactic - an the pressing is really good. Just look at the Newcastle game, not one shot and we had 10 CCCs. The Aston Villa game was impressive too, got a defender sent off after 4 mins and took my striker off, they scored direct from the free-kick yet we still won 3-1. Granted the games haven't been too difficult but it's playing quite well, thanks!

View attachment 554014View attachment 554019

thanks for the feedback mate, but C'mon man did you have to show my beloved Newcastle getting smashed ;) lol

what do you's reckon guys is this player worth buying?

View attachment 395555

he has a 6 million buy out fee on his contract and would probably improve my current squad but has anyone tried him though?