Reaction score
A COMPLETE DESCRIPTION OF THIS TESTING LEAGUE CAN BE FOUND AT THE LINK BELOW:

Click at the link --> http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...s/365798-most-efficient-way-test-tactics.html

DOWNLOAD NECESSARY FILES FOR TESTING:

Download Favorite Testing League save:
Click to download -->TFF's Tactic Testing League ( Favorite )

Download Underdog Testing League save:
Click to download -->TFF's Tactic Testing League ( Underdog )

Download FM Fitness Coach by Panos99:
Click to download -->http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...44-football-manager-fitness-coach-fm2017.html

Download a file for FM Fitness Coach to Freeze the Conditions and Morale of all players in the Tactic Testing League:
Click to download -->Freeze Conditions and Morale

Download a file for FM Fitness Coach to set the familiarity of your tactic at full:

Click to download -->Set Tactic Familiarity at full

A Guide How To Test

STEP - 1

Load Favorite Testing Save or Underdog Testing Save

STEP - 2

- Plug your tactic
- Pick the starting eleven for your tactic
- Pick the substitutions
- Set the set pieces tackers
- Set the OIs (if you use any)
- Set the Match Preparation Focus to any you want or you can leave as default (Attacking Movement)

STEP - 3

Run FM Fitness Coach

View attachment 93425

STEP - 4

Use FM Fitness Coach to Freeze the Conditions and Morale of all players in the league using

View attachment 93423

View attachment 93422

View attachment 93421

STEP - 5

Use FM Fitness Coach to set the Familiarity of your tactic at full

View attachment 93420

STEP - 6

Go on Holiday until the end of the season ( April 9, 2017 )

Make sure that these options are checked:

1) Use current match tactics
2) Use current team selection when possible

View attachment 93419

View attachment 93418

DON'T FORGET TO REPEAT ALL THESE STEPS FOR TESTING TEAM "A" AND TESTING TEAM "B"

SOME TEST RESULTS:

As I already said on my PC it takes about 35 minutes to test for 1 season.

There are Testing Team A and Testing Team B into the Testing League; Testing Team B is just a copy of Testing Team A; I added 2 identical teams into the Testing League order to test for more matches per one test so you should sum up their points and their goals difference after each test.

Here are test results of my Strikerless V13 tactic: you will notice that my Strikerless V13 tactic showed better result when it was tested in Underdog Save than when it was tested in Favorite Save even that in both saves the Testing Teams are identical and the only difference between them is their Reputation. I can say that all tactics behave that way, they show better result in Underdog Save than in Favorite Save and here’s why: in Underdog Save AI teams consider the Testing Teams as underdogs so they use Attacking approaches against them and in Favorite Save AI teams consider the Testing Team as favorites so they use Counter/Defensive approaches against them and as you can see it’s much harder to play when AI uses Counter/Defensive approaches against you.

It explains why many people complain that in the real game they had amazing results with a weak team in the previous season and the current season they are getting worse with the same team, it’s because after the success in the previous season the reputation of their teams has increased and more AI teams started to use Counter/Defensive approaches against their teams and the test result shows that it’s hared to play when AI uses Counter/Defensive approaches against you.

Demolisher Strikerless V13

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/365086-demolisher.html

Underdog Save

Matches played = 1190

Average Points = 320,28

Average Goals Difference = 152,13

Test 1 ( Points = 339 ; G.D. = +185) << The Best Result>>

View attachment 93242

Test 2 ( Points = 320; G.D. = +149 )

View attachment 93244

Test 3 ( Points = 302 ; G.D. = +141) << The Worst Result>>

View attachment 93245

Test 4 ( Points = 312 ; G.D. = +131)

View attachment 93243

Test 5 ( Points = 314 ; G.D. = +152)

View attachment 93241

Test 6 ( Points = 316 ; G.D. = +143)

View attachment 93241

Test 7 ( Points = 339 ; G.D. = +164)

View attachment 93240

Favorite Save

Matches played = 1190

Average Points = 279,28

Average Goals Difference = 92,85

Test 1 ( Points = 291 ; G.D. = +110) << The Best Result>>

View attachment 93230

Test 2 ( Points = 275 ; G.D. = +92)

View attachment 93231

Test 3 ( Points = 265 ; G.D. = +78)

View attachment 93229

Test 4 ( Points = 291 ; G.D. = +110)

View attachment 93227

Test 5 ( Points = 278 ; G.D. = +84)

View attachment 93228

Test 6 ( Points = 265 ; G.D. = +73) << The Worst Result>>

View attachment 93226

Test 7 ( Points = 290 ; G.D. = +103)

View attachment 93225

Last edited:
TFF, mate thanks alot you are the best

I've got some free time and if anyone want I can test his tactic

Leave your request here :)

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/365792-onemanarmy-4231-a.html

I've tested OneManArmy by Duke in Underdog save

The tactic got 214 points and -7 G.D

oma1.png

oma2.png

Last edited:
I'm testing Jesaustralia's Favourite fm17 tactic (4312) in Underdog save, should be ready soon

I was testing one man army too but result were different did you use fitness coach?

I will test knap soon

I've cheked it and found that Fitness Coach worked correctly

Here's a save(the end of the test), you can check it - DropMeFiles – free one-click file sharing service

Also, you can see that the game was saved only 4 times, when I loaded TFF's save it already had 2 saves so I saved only 2 times, at the begging of the test and at the end

game_status.png

I want to look at your save, upload it please

Last edited:
its ok mate no need for save ill post it after favorite test finish and will post knap test too. this is awesome work by TFF i suggest adding monaco and dortmond to the test instead of inter or milan or porto maybe.

by the way i see tactic name changed to 4-2-3-1 dm wide in your save does assist manager change tactics or what is it? is that affect our testing?

Last edited:
by the way i see tactic name changed to 4-2-3-1 dm wide in your save does assist manager change tactics or what is it? is that affect our testing?

It's just a interface bug and it's been in FM for long time

Sometimes, a tactic's name might disappear but the only name changes and the tactic stays the same

It's just a interface bug and it's been in FM for long time

Sometimes, a tactic's name might disappear but the only name changes and the tactic stays the same

good then i posted results and will post more soon

Isn't it better to use Instant Result rather than going on holidays? Cause with IR, the assman doesn't change the tactic, while he does it sometimes when the manager is on holiday.

Isn't it better to use Instant Result rather than going on holidays? Cause with IR, the assman doesn't change the tactic, while he does it sometimes when the manager is on holiday.

Guys from SI changed the way Instant Result and On Holiday Mode work for FM17

In the previous FM versions there was an issue when the assistant manager might tweak your tactic when you use Instant Result or On Holiday Mode, that issue was reported and looked at.

Now in FM17 the assistant doesn't change your tactic when you use Instant Result or On Holiday Mode and now there's no difference between Instant Result and On Holiday Mode.

On Holiday Mode is much faster than Instant Result and there's no difference between them in FM17 so it's better to use On Holiday Mode for testing.

Last edited:
by the way fitness coach set familiarity and freeze for all league teams or just the 2 we are using?