TFF's Tactics for FM18

Guys, I've updated the 3 Strikers tactic to V2, tweaked the attacking free-kicks setup, some crucial tweaks have been made to it so I strongly suggest going for it.

Also, I updated the OP to suite the new version.
Hi TFF, will you update plug play tactic?

Hey tff, mate, in your testing who was the main scorer, out of the 3 strikers?

Hi TFF, will you update plug play tactic?

Hey mate,

When I started to work on Plug & Play tactic I planned to make a tactic with standard 4 Man D-Line, 1 Striker and Wingers/Inside Forwards at AML/AMR or ML/MR positions because almost all teams in the game are built around such formation but under the current ME something like that works like 30-40% less efficient than Demolisher and I’d say it’s quite depressing and to say honestly I’ve got no idea how to further improve Plug and Play tactic because I’ve already tried everything and I’d say without significant changes to the ME any formation with Wingers/Inside Forwards will be always significantly lagging behind Demolisher approaches…

I must add that still I see some ways how to improve the Plug & Play tactic but it would require getting rid of 1 winger and making the tactic to be asymmetric but I’m not sure how many people like to play that way…

updated player filters incoming?

The current filters would work just fine... there are all roles for the 3 strikers version in it.

Hey tff, mate, in your testing who was the main scorer, out of the 3 strikers?

Mate, here are Goals & Assistant stats for all positions after 95 matches played

As it can be seen the central striker scored slightly more than any other position

3_Striker_Stats.png

Mate, here are Goals & Assistant stats for all positions after 95 matches played

As it can be seen the central striker scored slightly more than any other position

3_Striker_Stats.png

thanks mate, so would it be fair to say that it would be a good idea to put your striker with the best finishing in the center?

What if you've got wingers/IFs with decent finishing? I assume it's pretty similar to the strikerless situation where you could train strikers to play AMC, same applies here with them being able to play as the left and right STs?

Hey mate,

When I started to work on Plug & Play tactic I planned to make a tactic with standard 4 Man D-Line, 1 Striker and Wingers/Inside Forwards at AML/AMR or ML/MR positions because almost all teams in the game are built around such formation but under the current ME something like that works like 30-40% less efficient than Demolisher and I’d say it’s quite depressing and to say honestly I’ve got no idea how to further improve Plug and Play tactic because I’ve already tried everything and I’d say without significant changes to the ME any formation with Wingers/Inside Forwards will be always significantly lagging behind Demolisher approaches…

I must add that still I see some ways how to improve the Plug & Play tactic but it would require getting rid of 1 winger and making the tactic to be asymmetric but I’m not sure how many people like to play that way…

The current filters would work just fine... there are all roles for the 3 strikers version in it.

Have you tried making an asymmetric tactic as you spoke about above?
Still playing FM15 with assymetric formation created by Zero sea which was unbelievable.

If you have made one, could you leave a download link as an alternative to try please?

Been waiting for a decent tactic to be made before jumping in on a new FM. Nearly up to 30 years on my Arsenal save from fm15, but feel im ready to move to an updated version of the game now.
Hopefully this new 3 striker tactic youve made and shared will work wonders with Ipswich. The formation will highly suit the players the club has as at beginning of the game.

Can leave some screenshots if successful.

Thank you

thanks mate, so would it be fair to say that it would be a good idea to put your striker with the best finishing in the center?

Mate, I'd say it would be a good idea to put in the middle your best striker in general

What if you've got wingers/IFs with decent finishing? I assume it's pretty similar to the strikerless situation where you could train strikers to play AMC, same applies here with them being able to play as the left and right STs?

Sure... if you've got wingers or inside forwards with good finishing then you can train them play STC position and use them as strikers

Have you tried making an asymmetric tactic as you spoke about above?
Still playing FM15 with assymetric formation created by Zero sea which was unbelievable.

If you have made one, could you leave a download link as an alternative to try please?

Yes, I've tried many asymmetric approaches so far but unfortunately haven't got any decent to share yet

TFF would you change waste time tactic?

Mate, the Waste Time tactic is OK

It will do its job when you need to kill the game

No need to worry that to use it you have to play your strikers at AMC or MC positions when they don’t have any ratings for that positions at all… as I said even in such state the tactic will do its job

Last edited:
TotalFootballFan9 how do you want to set Barcelona midfield?

What's CA of your Team A/B?

In the testing league all teams have the same quality players for the attack/midfield/defense so you can say that all teams in the testing league are equally strong.

The reputation of the Testing Team A/B was set much higher than the reputation of every AI team in the league in order to force the AI teams to use their defensive approaches when they play against Testing Team A/B; I did that way because I found that whatever tactic I tested it produced the worst result every time when the AI teams used their defensive approaches vs the testing teams and it produced the best results when the AI teams used the attacking approaches vs the testign teams so it was obvious that the AI’s defensive approaches are much efficient than its attacking approaches so it makes sense to test only vs AI’s defensive approaches which are the most challenging.

TotalFootballFan9 how do you want to set Barcelona midfield?

If you ask whom to pick for DLP/CM_A position then there are a lot of choices:

DLP – Busquets/Paulinho/Rakitic

CM [A] – Iniesta/Denis Suarez/Paulinho/Rakitic

BUMP

Guys, I've updated the 3 Strikers tactic to V2, tweaked the attacking free-kicks setup, some crucial tweaks have been made to it so I strongly suggest going for it.

Also, I updated the OP to suite the new version.

Guys, I've added 3 Strikers Version of Demolisher tactic to the OP.

The only difference between 3 Strikers Version and Strikerless Version is that AMCs have been moved to STCs position and their roles and PIs tweaked.

Demolisher_3_Strikers_V1.png

Here are results for the new 3 Strikers Version V1 vs Strikerless V8

3 STRIKERS VERSION V1 RESULTS:

Played Matches = 190

Points = 399

Scored = 546

Conceded = 271

Goal Difference = +275

3_Strikers_Results.png

STRIKERLESS VERSION V8 RESULTS:

Played Matches = 190

Points = 373

Scored = 446

Conceded = 246

Goal Difference = +200

Strikerless_Results.png

As you can see the results of the new 3 Strikers version is better by solid margin than the results of Strikerless V8.

I want to double check everything and make few more tests in some different environment in order to be 100% and if I get additional confirmations then I’ll remove the Strikerless version from the OP.

Also, I want to add that I’m not 100% sure about One Striker Version’s results and how they look compare with the new 3 Strikers Version so I also re-test One Striker Version once more and let you know my final verdict about it.

Last edited:

3_Striker_Stats.png

Hmmm.... I see that the wing backs do a lot of assists and also score goals... I guess we need the best posible players at these positions

3 STRIKERS TACTIC HAS BEEN UPDATED TO V3

CHANGES:

- tweaked the passing setting of WBL/WBR positions

Guys, I've added 2 Strikers + AMC version of the tactic to the OP, it's a tweaks of 3 Strikers Version and the only difference is 1 striker was moved to AMC position and its role and PIs were tweaked.

2_STCs_and_AMC_version.png

Below you can find the results of 2 STCs+ AMC version.

As you can see it’s slightly worse than 3 Strikers version but it’s still great so you can use it if you like this formation or your team

suites better this formation.

2 STRIKERS + AMC VERSION RESULTS:

Played Matches = 190

Points = 380

Scored = 468

Conceded = 246

Goal Difference = +222

2_STCS_AMC_Result.png

3 STRIKERS VERSION RESULTS:

Played Matches = 190

Points = 399

Scored = 546