Hey TFF,

Just a quick question with training. Would it be optimal to individually train the players in the position that they're playing in. I noticed that in the training section you have Strikers trained as a Treq instead of a Advanced Forward, can you explain the reason behind that choice?

Thanks

I agree with you guys. Before the update tactic was massive. Now it is just a regular tactic, hope TFF will come up with V6 at some point!

works perfectly fine for me, I had a rough patch initially when the update came out but I put the training on "team cohesion" on high for a few weeks and we worked our way back into form. I had my central striker score 7 goals in a German Cup match (I'm St. Pauli) so I don't have $300 million line up with Dybala, Belotti, Lukaku etc like most people who post about tactics. I got promoted last season (via playoff due to the tough stretch of form) and now with a few non household name signings am 3rd in Bundesliga through 7 matches and have ZERO losses. I think what helps this tactic is:

-Put the player with best Header statistic in the CENTER of your three strikers

-Make sure your team cohesion is ALWAYS green VERY important

-Position/Role Suitability is as if not even more important than anything else so I recommend buying players who are BRIGHT GREEN suitability in the position rather than a player who is marginally better but less suited for role.

-Making MASS changes really ruins the tactic, I know a lot of managers like to do a two team (A) and (B) team rotation that might work for some tactics but not this one. I recommend only subbing a few players in and out of the starting line up each match and certainly do not replace all three strikers or all three center back this is devastating.

-Wing back defending and attacking attributes are of paramount importance. If they cannot attack your strikers will severly suffer, if the wing back have below an 11 TACKLING attribute you will be constantly exposed to any half decent wingers.

-Center of your BPD's has to have best header attribute similar to your striker, also left foot on the left side (if you have one) and right foot for right side causes much fewer defensive give-aways and lost possessions

TFF can confirm or deny any of these point as its his tactic that I'm using (and thankful for) these are tweaks or changes just small trends that I have noticed with a small team like St. Pauli with no money and little quality regen production.

Will post the screenshots in a few hours if anyone cares to see/wants evidence of the above mentioned.

Hi

I guess when you play with Instant Result you should not to use any match plans

works perfectly fine for me, I had a rough patch initially when the update came out but I put the training on "team cohesion" on high for a few weeks and we worked our way back into form. I had my central striker score 7 goals in a German Cup match (I'm St. Pauli) so I don't have $300 million line up with Dybala, Belotti, Lukaku etc like most people who post about tactics.
my whole squad cost less than 100 grand) I just have got promoted from Vanarama league. i concede a lot but score incredible amount of goals. my keeper has no clean sheets after 16 weeks but i occupied 1st position.

my whole squad cost less than 100 grand) I just have got promoted from Vanarama league. i concede a lot but score incredible amount of goals. my keeper has no clean sheets after 16 weeks but i occupied 1st position.

HA! you are a cheap date! I meant the people who are Juve and Man Utd and are complaining that their tactic isn't winning 7-0 every match, or can't figure out how to beat Birmingham Away in the League Cup with Rashford, Alexis, Lukaku, Pogba, Martial who are all getting paid in one week more than your entire line-up.

Not hating, just confused how people are talking smack about the tactic, if its not working...choose another, figure out whats going wrong and fix it, or learn how to create tactics yourself.

I'd rather concede a goal or two per match as long as we are scoring one more than them...score more than the other team is the aim of the game right? Clean sheets dont win matches...look at LFC clean sheet record!

HA! you are a cheap date! I meant the people who are Juve and Man Utd and are complaining that their tactic isn't winning 7-0 every match, or can't figure out how to beat Birmingham Away in the League Cup with Rashford, Alexis, Lukaku, Pogba, Martial who are all getting paid in one week more than your entire line-up.

Not hating, just confused how people are talking smack about the tactic, if its not working...choose another, figure out whats going wrong and fix it, or learn how to create tactics yourself.

I'd rather concede a goal or two per match as long as we are scoring one more than them...score more than the other team is the aim of the game right? Clean sheets dont win matches...look at LFC clean sheet record!

Yeah and our record at winning titles! .....or not

I have a save with liverpool and i am doing very good both in the league and the CL , and there are some games that i win only 1-0 in a match when i was favorite but most of the teams that playing vs my team are using a defensive aproch against my team, but hey 1-0 is still a win the you got 3 points for this

This tactic produces miracles :)

I started a new save with Bournemouth and won the league league in my first season with them (H)

Amazing work!

brm001.png

brm002.png

brm003.png

Below are some screenshots of the tactic still currently working with my St. Pauli save:

View attachment 67715
This is my current lineup...many players are NOT that spectacular but I bought players that fit the tactic and roles perfectly. I did buy Lo Celso in honor of Merry Guido (for those who follow his website/posts)

View attachment 67714

Here is the current season have not played Bayern or BVB yet but still we are predicted to finish second from bottom...

Last edited:
Sorry for offtopic but I would like to know how to shut down openning music in FM 2018 or I'll soon kill someone. Thanks.

Below are some screenshots of the tactic still currently working with my St. Pauli save:

View attachment 1145792
This is my current lineup...many players are NOT that spectacular but I bought players that fit the tactic and roles perfectly. I did buy Lo Celso in honor of Merry Guido (for those who follow his website/posts)

View attachment 1145793

Here is the current season have not played Bayern or BVB yet but still we are predicted to finish second from bottom...

FC St. Pauli <3 Amazing club!

Works perfectly in my vanarama north save with Darlington

Easily won the league, can out score most teams, 2nd round of the FA Cup losing to MK Dons (2 red cards really hurt me in that game), 2nd round of FA Trophy (played all games with my non starting 11). only deviation from original post is i keep training on def positioning as i feel the tactic is so attacking it doesn't need additional training.
View attachment 67540View attachment 67538View attachment 67537
View attachment 67536View attachment 67534View attachment 67533

The coming season poses some challenges, my ground isn't up-to vanarama requirements, so will i ground share whilst I improve Blackwell meadows, can i afford to improve my ground??? Can i become professional or will i remain part-time??? Can i convince higher quality players to come or do I keep faith in the team that got me promoted, either way it's going to be a fun ride, but with this tactic i'm confident I can out perform in the league & League 2 is my goal, fingers crossed...

Last edited:
guys i read your comments that tactic start underperforming after last patch... even TFF retest tactic and resultswas quet the same but in my personal test i found that something changed! and ofcourse it was a defense! i took BARCELONA for test... amazing big team and i was still leaking! conceding average 3 goals a game! even if i score 4... su i think i found a solution! this remake needs a bigger test but results improve massivelly!

Changes:

*team mentality ---> to fairly narrow
*ball playing defenders to ---> central defenders (defend) (if you have very good central defender you can put central one to CENTRAL DEFENDER STOPER)
*Very important one! - wing backs from AUTO to ---> Defend! i find out that still in defend mode they still run alot but much more solid defensively!
*i add work ball in to the box team instruction - not very shure about this but it make a feeling that central mids and attackers start acticn more cleverly
* i had in-game editor so it was easy to test but put right and left attackers TRAIT to ---> look for pass rather than shoot! if they had good rating for crossing they will pas more to central striker instead of shooting silly shot in to the side of the netting! (train players for that if not using in-game editor)
*switch deep lying playmaker to ---> ball winning midfielder!

for summary i think you maybe score less, but it stops leaking in defense and you should overachieve massively!

P.S. i verry recommend to retrain wingers for right and left attacker positions they doing wonders!

Last edited: