Welcome to FM Base
Want access to our Standard Logo Megapack and P20 kit packs? You know what to do!
Register

TFF's Tactics for FM18

Nov 15, 2017
guys i read your comments that tactic start underperforming after last patch... even TFF retest tactic and resultswas quet the same but in my personal test i found that something changed! and ofcourse it was a defense! i took BARCELONA for test... amazing big team and i was still leaking! conceding average 3 goals a game! even if i score 4... su i think i found a solution! this remake needs a bigger test but results improve massivelly!

Changes:

*team mentality ---> to fairly narrow
*ball playing defenders to ---> central defenders (defend) (if you have very good central defender you can put central one to CENTRAL DEFENDER STOPER)
*Very important one! - wing backs from AUTO to ---> Defend! i find out that still in defend mode they still run alot but much more solid defensively!
*i add work ball in to the box team instruction - not very shure about this but it make a feeling that central mids and attackers start acticn more cleverly
* i had in-game editor so it was easy to test but put right and left attackers TRAIT to ---> look for pass rather than shoot! if they had good rating for crossing they will pas more to central striker instead of shooting silly shot in to the side of the netting! (train players for that if not using in-game editor)
*switch deep lying playmaker to ---> ball winning midfielder!

for summary i think you maybe score less, but it stops leaking in defense and you should overachieve massively!

P.S. i verry recommend to retrain wingers for right and left attacker positions they doing wonders!
I've made some of your tweaks (left and right central defenders but kept the middle one in central defender stoper / wing backs in defend) and it's working really well.

I'm playing with Hamburger SV and after 24 matches, I've lost only 1 friendly match against Man City (0:1), 2 draws against Juventus (friendly) and Barcelona in champions league and won everything else.
That's outstanding, considering my team as a good one, but not the best at all.

WizardofCoz

Nov 30, 2017
As you can see not the most glamorous team at all ZERO household names.

View attachment 67050

Look ok at the squad comparison, it's not even close in terms of our players to the quality of Bayern, and we more than doubled their Clear Cut chances created:
View attachment 67049

Here is the final standings, as I mentioned BVB beat us with 3 games left to ruin my would be first ever unbeaten season.
View attachment 67048

tedesco

Nov 29, 2012
As you can see not the most glamorous team at all ZERO household names.

View attachment 1146506

Look ok at the squad comparison, it's not even close in terms of our players to the quality of Bayern, and we more than doubled their Clear Cut chances created:
View attachment 1146507

Here is the final standings, as I mentioned BVB beat us with 3 games left to ruin my would be first ever unbeaten season.
View attachment 1146508
Which Tactic. Can you share tactic with our.

nono33

Feb 22, 2010
If my MCL have not " Left Foot - Resonable/Fairly Strong/Strong/Very Strong " should i train him on his weaker foot (left) ?

Wigo15

Nov 19, 2015
I've made some of your tweaks (left and right central defenders but kept the middle one in central defender stoper / wing backs in defend) and it's working really well.

I'm playing with Hamburger SV and after 24 matches, I've lost only 1 friendly match against Man City (0:1), 2 draws against Juventus (friendly) and Barcelona in champions league and won everything else.
That's outstanding, considering my team as a good one, but not the best at all.
i am very glad that works for you! ive tested it with big teams and very small teams and that was working for me as well! i think mainly switching the central defenders! couse ball playing defenders are standing gigher up the pitch so it creates more chances for overlong balls and easy goals to concede, but as well they have more abillitys to create some attacking options! so for big teams BP-defenders could work very well but for underdogs i highly recommend switch for central defenders ;)

abelat

Mar 11, 2011
The best tactic I tried for this years FM. I created a new club and started from Division 6 in England. Now I'm in Sky Bet League One. I won 3 consecutive league titles. All the attackers scores, yet I concede lots of goals, but overall I find this tactic impressive.

WizardofCoz

Nov 30, 2017
TFF do you ever use touchline shouts ? Is it useful ?

I click demand more every 10 minutes and we concede less and score more frequently then if not. If we go up by 2 or 3 and the opposition gets two goals in a row I do "concentrate"

Wigo15

Nov 19, 2015
I click demand more every 10 minutes and we concede less and score more frequently then if not. If we go up by 2 or 3 and the opposition gets two goals in a row I do "concentrate"
maybe i am wrong but logicaly i think if the creators made an option i the game like "Game shouts" so they should do something! its only option what to choose! but basically its self explain (run forward, get tighty, concentrate)... i think its the same with opposite instructions... 90% of tactic creators not using them but i think if we can find a way it should improve tactics alot!

WizardofCoz

Nov 30, 2017
View attachment 1146528

Probably, This tactic is bad for Hertha Berlin
post your tactics page, your lineup up for the tactics and your squad dynamics. You can tell if the tactic works by

1. Team cohesion
2. Role familiarity
3. tactic familiarity (this only improves it still works as a plug and play)
4. Quality of wingbacks

Even in defeat this tactic works well when its set up correctly. You will still have plenty of clear cut chances created just sometimes you have bad luck with hitting the post/cross bar, missed 1 on 1's, red cards, blooper-type mistakes. If you review the game "post match" you still will create more Key Passes and Clear Cut Chances created.

Post these picks and I'll help you out

Wigo15

Nov 19, 2015
Tzahy have you ever tried to play with underdog team? believe its much more intresting! :) FM is build for succes with any club but its much more entertaining when you play with way smaller teams! and for bonus i can tell that for last 5 years playing fm the most intresting way is to take the team in the country where basicaly all your money is from european cups qualifications! like croatia, ukraina, bulgaria, romania and so on... i found that you test all major teams in EPL and all the time adding pics like that... 2 things TFF tactic and standing with man city, chelsea,liverpool with bassically smashing everyone! ohhh yeah before spend couple hundred millions on squad :) no judment its your way of playing FM but i trually recommend you to start a underdog save and felt much more exeitement! ;)

jcrook88

Dec 29, 2009
couls someone please posr links for the latest tactic with the time waste tactic and player filters also, when I click te links nothing happens???

jcrook88

Dec 29, 2009
those links were dead? i dunno how to download these tactics? when i click on them nothing happens??