Anymore problems people have noticed before I start on a new update? It should be done some time next week as I've been busy IRL.

Where to put the file?!

hi there, this looks like a fantastic potential save, but I was wondering... if I don't have editor on my PC, where do I put the database file?! hope you can reply ASAP! thanks!

hi there, this looks like a fantastic potential save, but I was wondering... if I don't have editor on my PC, where do I put the database file?! hope you can reply ASAP! thanks!
Hello Matt, first of all of course download the file, then copy and paste the file into your Football Manager 2013 file called 'editor data'. Then load up a new game on FM and tick the '00/01' file whilst doing this if it isn't already ticked.. then it's done! Hope this helped :)

Hey, great work with this update, looking forward to playing with Arsenal :)
Just watched Fulhams squad and realised that Urby Emanuelsson seems to be loaned to the club :)
Great work, keep it up!

Hey, great work with this update, looking forward to playing with Arsenal :)
Just watched Fulhams squad and realised that Urby Emanuelsson seems to be loaned to the club :)
Great work, keep it up!
Thanks for that Jon, I will remove Urby now! Enjoy your save and please if you have the time let you know how you do:)

Are they any graphics experts here? It wouldn't go a miss if anyone could make any graphics for the database such as old club logos, kits or even competitions logos dating back to 2000-01

Also, update with Rangers should be done soon.

Still no graphics experts here?

Anyway, a new update is out.. check opening page of the thread for more details.

Hey mate, thanks for giving me these names.. I don't prioritize on the youth players for below the premiership usually but I will remove these for you, as I guess you want to play as Burnley??

I'll look into Little, Ball, Payton and Cooke for you and boost their stats too.. for the lower-leagues, I did do the reputations and CA/PA and adjusted the odd stat if it was significant though. I think with Burnleys case for the misunderstanding from the data is that it was judged from pre-season (like Ipswich Towns) so that's were things have taken shape with all that sort of stuff. Ipswich had a great season that season and so did Burnley I believe (considering they were promoted from division two the season before) so I reckon that a lot of stats will be downgraded and I remember pre-predicting a struggle for anyone taking over the Clarets as a lot of players' CA/PA is low and overall they look like a division two squad.

Thanks a lot for the feedback mate, going to sort this out for you and good luck with the Clarets!! (unless they play Leeds IRL ;))

Cheers mate.

Yeah, we came up the season before as runners up to Preston.
We had two great seasons after we won promotion to the Championship, finishing 7th both times.. missing out on the playoffs by 1 point and then by 1 goal on goal difference the season after.. before the ITV Digital collapse screwed us up.

Our average attendance that season was about 15 thousand.

This is a very interesting update - just a couple of thoughts on it, mostly regarding Bradford City:

Wayne Jacobs (D/WB L) is missing. Andy Myers is down as a right back when he's a left back. Isaiah Rankin (AMR, ST, pacy) is also missing.

When is this update meant to be set? If it's the start of the season then there are players in the wrong place - Andy O'Brien and David Hopkin need to be at Bradford City, while Stan Collymore needs to be at Leicester, Robert Molenaar at Leeds and Gary Locke at Hearts. If it's part way through the season then Windass should be at Boro, Collymore at Oviedo and Petrescu at Southampton, while Billy McKinlay and Eoin Jess should be at City.

Same with the backroom staff: Jim Jefferies was never assistant at City. If the update is set at the start of the season then Hutchings is manager, Stuart McCall is player/assistant and Malcolm Shotton is coach. If it's after Jefferies joined then Jefferies is manager, Billy Brown is assistant and Walter Kidd is coach/reserve team manager. Also, Steve Redmond should be Head Physio, Steve Smith U18s manager and Ron Futcher U18s Coach, while the current staff should all go.

Our youngsters are also missing. There should be Mark Bower (D LC, currently at Guiseley, would recommend -6 potential), Scott Kerr (DM, currently at York, -6) and Gareth Grant (ST, Farsley, -5). Also from the youth team at the time, but not actually in the database for 00-01: Lewis Emanuel (D/WB/M L, -6, is retired now), Danny Forrest (AM RL, ST, Harrogate, -6), Kevin Sanasy (ST, Ossett Town?, -5), Jon Worsnop (GK, FC United?, -5), Ben Jones (ST, possibly Frickley/Farsley, -4), Andrew Lee (AM RL, Silsden?, -5) and Robert Morgan (DC, Harrogate Railway?, -4).

Wages: Carbone was on £40k (at a time when Beckham and Owen earned less!), Ward £18k, Atherton £12k, Petrescu £22k or so.

Other stuff that I've noticed: Alan Shearer should be retired from international football. There are quite a few players (Paul Rachubka, Nathan Tyson are the ones that I remember) who need their loans cancelling.

Really good update though, despite all my nit-picking - I look forward to playing it properly.

Love the DB so far, playing a pre-Abramovich Chelsea with Zola is turning out to be a lot of fun.

A minor issue I have noticed with international call ups: Some players are opting to play for nations they were eligible for at one point rather than the nation they actually played for. The biggest case where I noticed this happening was Zidane's somewhat puzzling choice to play for Algeria when he wasn't picked for France's first friendly of the season. Not sure why this is happening, or if there is a way to stop it. I ended up swapping his call up with...someone else: imgur: the simple image sharer

I would like to also say that I love making kits for FM databases, and I would love to make recreations of the 00/01 season kits. Let me know if you are interested in getting this to work with your database, but to be perfectly honest I'm probably going to start making the kits either way.

Cheers, and keep up the good work

This is a very interesting update - just a couple of thoughts on it, mostly regarding Bradford City:

Wayne Jacobs (D/WB L) is missing. Andy Myers is down as a right back when he's a left back. Isaiah Rankin (AMR, ST, pacy) is also missing.

When is this update meant to be set? If it's the start of the season then there are players in the wrong place - Andy O'Brien and David Hopkin need to be at Bradford City, while Stan Collymore needs to be at Leicester, Robert Molenaar at Leeds and Gary Locke at Hearts. If it's part way through the season then Windass should be at Boro, Collymore at Oviedo and Petrescu at Southampton, while Billy McKinlay and Eoin Jess should be at City.

Same with the backroom staff: Jim Jefferies was never assistant at City. If the update is set at the start of the season then Hutchings is manager, Stuart McCall is player/assistant and Malcolm Shotton is coach. If it's after Jefferies joined then Jefferies is manager, Billy Brown is assistant and Walter Kidd is coach/reserve team manager. Also, Steve Redmond should be Head Physio, Steve Smith U18s manager and Ron Futcher U18s Coach, while the current staff should all go.

Our youngsters are also missing. There should be Mark Bower (D LC, currently at Guiseley, would recommend -6 potential), Scott Kerr (DM, currently at York, -6) and Gareth Grant (ST, Farsley, -5). Also from the youth team at the time, but not actually in the database for 00-01: Lewis Emanuel (D/WB/M L, -6, is retired now), Danny Forrest (AM RL, ST, Harrogate, -6), Kevin Sanasy (ST, Ossett Town?, -5), Jon Worsnop (GK, FC United?, -5), Ben Jones (ST, possibly Frickley/Farsley, -4), Andrew Lee (AM RL, Silsden?, -5) and Robert Morgan (DC, Harrogate Railway?, -4).

Wages: Carbone was on £40k (at a time when Beckham and Owen earned less!), Ward £18k, Atherton £12k, Petrescu £22k or so.

Other stuff that I've noticed: Alan Shearer should be retired from international football. There are quite a few players (Paul Rachubka, Nathan Tyson are the ones that I remember) who need their loans cancelling.

Really good update though, despite all my nit-picking - I look forward to playing it properly.
Good to see another fan from West Yorkshire on board! I will look into these problems for you now and the thing with the likes of Windass, Collymore etc. etc. is that I've sort of gone with the flow a little and I've also got mixed up with different players due to different websites and also the database telling me otherwise for players but hey, the terminator should tighten up your defence!!

I've always been meaning to update Carbones wages to 40k (which were well documented) but haven't got round to it so thanks for reminding me :) The thing is with staff, I must have appointed Chris Hutchings as manager first and then got rid after bumping into Jeffries later on with a different site but I'll sort that out for you. With staff, I've not updated any clubs and that's the same with youth but this may change.

Don't worry about the nit-picking, criticism is all took on board and I hope you enjoy your save.. even if it's Bradford!!

Love the DB so far, playing a pre-Abramovich Chelsea with Zola is turning out to be a lot of fun.

A minor issue I have noticed with international call ups: Some players are opting to play for nations they were eligible for at one point rather than the nation they actually played for. The biggest case where I noticed this happening was Zidane's somewhat puzzling choice to play for Algeria when he wasn't picked for France's first friendly of the season. Not sure why this is happening, or if there is a way to stop it. I ended up swapping his call up with...someone else: imgur: the simple image sharer

I would like to also say that I love making kits for FM databases, and I would love to make recreations of the 00/01 season kits. Let me know if you are interested in getting this to work with your database, but to be perfectly honest I'm probably going to start making the kits either way.

Cheers, and keep up the good work
I would love for you to start working on some kits, it would be fully appreciated! Can you make 3D Kits too?

And I'll try and look into the Zidane/Pires etc. problem for you!

First of all, great work on this mod. I'm also interested in helping out. I might not be the greatest at the technical side of editing, but I would gladly help out on the research side of this mod.

Keep up the great work.

Gonna oversee some big changes with the DB with another update coming within a weeks time

The AC Milan team going through a rebuilding team at this phase, what a beatiful team it turns into in a year or two. Schevchenko & Inzaghi's stats are great. Maldini & Boban, great stuff.

Many similarities to AC Milan currently.

Last edited:
Glad to be part of the new 'shake-up' for this data. Been a great day of editing and bug fixing :)

Good job with this man! Can't wait to try it out. Couple things I have noticed though:

Guardiola on a year long sabbatical, but he's a player.
Conte on global ban but that didn't happen when he was a player.

Not sure if you meant to do this? If not, just bringing it up.

Good job with this man! Can't wait to try it out. Couple things I have noticed though:

Guardiola on a year long sabbatical, but he's a player.
Conte on global ban but that didn't happen when he was a player.

Not sure if you meant to do this? If not, just bringing it up.
Thanks!

I didn't mean to do this, no
could you printscreen the problems and I will look into them for you for next update :)