The 2011-2012 FA CUP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
However surely it doesnt take alot to wear one does it? Out of respect they could have worn one

It's not on them to do it. It is not on the footballing world to embrace the tragedy of Hillsborough as if they are Liverpool fans. If they choose not they choose not.

No he shouldn't. People need to get off the high horse on this. Just because he isnt wearing one doesn't care. Being Ex-Liverpool doesnt make him obligated.

So you are probably sharing this same attitude toward Munich tragedy? Please.....

It's not on them to do it. It is not on the footballing world to embrace the tragedy of Hillsborough as if they are Liverpool fans. If they choose not they choose not.

Well then I guess that all Serie A players and staff are Livorno supporters? I'm sure you can spot there is something illogical here.

It was a football disaster, if you ask me they should show respect with the armbands and dont even get me started on the disgraceful c**ts in the crowd

So you are probably sharing this same attitude toward Munich tragedy? Please.....

Get over yourself. If people dont wear armbands for Munich thats their choice, all i care about is the minutes silence. That is the most important aspect. Not everyone has to wear an armand everytime. And it isnt disrespect if they dont

As for Livorno, they cancelled the weekends games. that is an immense show of respect.

The Chelsea players didnt show a lack of respect, the significant minority of fans did.

Think Torres should of worn one tbh, giving that he claims to have "supported" Liverpool. (Also think the team should have, but oh well).

Think Torres should of worn one tbh, giving that he claims to have "supported" Liverpool. (Also think the team should have, but oh well).

I think it would double standards to demand enduring loyalty/respect of Torres when many Liverpool fans don't do the same of him.

Get over yourself. If people dont wear armbands for Munich thats their choice, all i care about is the minutes silence. That is the most important aspect. Not everyone has to wear an armand everytime. And it isnt disrespect if they dont

As for Livorno, they cancelled the weekends games. that is an immense show of respect.

The Chelsea players didnt show a lack of respect, the significant minority of fans did.

Strange how Everton players had them(armbands)...But ok, I'm not going to push this further because its clear what is your opinion on all this.

I think it would double standards to demand enduring loyalty/respect of Torres when many Liverpool fans don't do the same of him.

He isn't showing respect to the fans who tell him to "do one" or whatever, he's showing respect to the fans of his former club who died in one of the biggest tragedies the sport has seen.

Got nothing to do with his critics.

Strange how Everton players had them(armbands)...But ok, I'm not going to push this further because its clear what is your opinion on all this.

I have no ambition, but my point is whether wear the armband or not isn't a lack of respect. marking the occasion is the most important thing, and that is done with a minutes silence.

Everton wore and will always armbands as they are part of the city of Liverpool. Liverpool were united in grief, and for all the decent fans they still are.

True colours of that club.

True colours, this is coming from a club that blamed Chelsea fans for the Heysel disaster!!!

Seems like the rest of your fans as just disrespectful as you are. See you in the final.

How was my comments disrespecful. You see this is the problem that i have with the whole Hillsbrough thing and i for one wont be silenced on this. It seems as if no one can bring it up unless we blame the people Liverpool want to blame. The Hillsbrough tragedy was shocking and i feel for all parties involved BUT.... Where was Liverpool's minute silence for Munich this season? Where was their minute silence for the Bradford fire? Hillsbrough should be remembered by Liverpool without a doubt but shouldn't be forced on other teams. Why does the disaster of Hillsbrough deserve to be treated with more attention than any other football related tragedy?

No he should not, it should be remembered by Liverpool and any anyone who feels they want to remember it in their own way.

I have no ambition, but my point is whether wear the armband or not isn't a lack of respect. marking the occasion is the most important thing, and that is done with a minutes silence.

Everton wore and will always armbands as they are part of the city of Liverpool. Liverpool were united in grief, and for all the decent fans they still are.

One thing I made a mistake is that some Chelsea players actually wore armbands.

True colours, this is coming from a club that blamed Chelsea fans for the Heysel disaster!!!

How was my comments disrespecful. You see this is the problem that i have with the whole Hillsbrough thing and i for one wont be silenced on this. It seems as if no one can bring it up unless we blame the people Liverpool want to blame. The Hillsbrough tragedy was shocking and i feel for all parties involved BUT.... Where was Liverpool's minute silence for Munich this season? Where was their minute silence for the Bradford fire? Hillsbrough should be remembered by Liverpool without a doubt but shouldn't be forced on other teams. Why does the disaster of Hillsbrough deserve to be treated with more attention than any other football related tragedy?

No he should not, it should be remembered by Liverpool and any anyone who feels they want to remember it in their own way.

"These goals are for the 96 and their families because I know that Saturday was a special day for them with it being the home game closest to the anniversary," said Torres.
"These goals are more special because of the service on Wednesday.
"All the goals are for the fans and the families. On Wednesday we will see all of them and we know it is an important day for them and for all Liverpool supporters.
"It makes Tuesday all the more important. We have to try to do it for the families and the 96."

Surely wearing a black armband could have been the least to do.

What do you mean "unless we blame the people Liverpool want to blame"? If that's what I think it means then wow..

I'm pretty sure we didn't play on the anniversary of any of those disasters? So your point is irrelevant. I personally think they should all be remembered so I don't see what your problem is? And nobody is forcing anything, just asking for 1 minute silence to respect the 96 people who died, is that too much to ask?

What do you mean "unless we blame the people Liverpool want to blame"? If that's what I think it means then wow..

I'm pretty sure we didn't play on the anniversary of any of those disasters? So your point is irrelevant. I personally think they should all be remembered so I don't see what your problem is? And nobody is forcing anything, just asking for 1 minute silence to respect the 96 people who died, is that too much to ask?

Utd played on the 50th anniversary of Munich. Also where was Utd and Villa's 1minute silence yesterday? It should be all rememberd by everyone or just the clubs involved remembering the incident. Chelsea will never disrespect the dead but what sort of responce were you looking for when we are being blamed for something that your club caused. It just seems as if Liverpool feel they are untouchable when it comes to these things always passing the buck.

Utd played on the 50th anniversary of Munich. Also where was Utd and Villa's 1minute silence yesterday? It should be all rememberd by everyone or just the clubs involved remembering the incident.Chelsea will never disrespect the dead but what sort of responce were you looking for when we are being blamed for something that your club caused. It just seems as if Liverpool feel they are untouchable when it comes to these things always passing the buck.

Singing 'Murderers' during the minute silence is abit disrespectful dont you think? And before you say it was only a small section of the crowd, the fact that it was loud enough for people at home to hear on tv shows that it was quite a few people.

Status
Not open for further replies.