The 2011-2012 FA CUP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not following the FAC any more.

So whats the draw like?

Sunderland Lineup: Mignolet, Bardsley, Bridge, Turner, Larsson, Gardner, Campbell, Colback, O'Shea, McClean, Bendtner.
Subs: Gordon, Wickham, Vaughan, Meyler, Kilgallon, Kyrgiakos, Elmohamady.

Everton Lineup: Howard, Baines, Heitinga, Jelavic, Drenthe, Distin, Cahill, Neville, Osman, Coleman, Fellaini
Subs: Hahnemann, Hibbert, Jagielka, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Gueye, Anichebe

Horrible for Muamba there. Looked dreadful, truly shocking. Match should be called off now, clearly neither sides are in the right mind to continue.

Well, even though it's 1-1 there's going to be more goals. Mainly due to neither team being able to maintain possession of the ball for sustained periods, or someone committing silly fouls. Well taken goal by Suarez, but what a soft goal to conceed-though I suspect having the sun nearly blinding Reina doesn't help much. And it shouldn't have been a corner that lead to the Stoke goal.

Last edited:
Semi final Draw

Spurs/Bolton vs. Chelsea

Liverpool vs. Sunderland/Everton.

Mostly likely anticipating a Liverpool vs Chelsea FA Cup finale :D

Well, even though it's 1-1 there's going to be more goals. Mainly due to neither team being able to maintain possession of the ball for sustained periods, or someone committing silly fouls. Well taken goal by Suarez, but what a soft goal to conceed-though I suspect having the sun nearly blinding Reina doesn't help much. And it shouldn't have been a corner that lead to the Stoke goal.
Haha, you're like the only unbiased fan on these forums! To be honest, their goal was a dodgy, but the referee saw no problem, so it should just be accepted. However, I think we fully deserved the win (we did win, after all, and whoever scores the most goals deserves to win) and I'm delighted that we're going to Wembley.

I hope that we can win the FA Cup, too, and win more trophies than Manchester United this season! The draw's been extremely kind, as we face the winner of a game between two of the best sides still in the competition, rather than probably having to face them both. I wouldn't underestimate Sunderland or Everton, as they are both good sides, but I'd rather them than Chelsea/Tottenham Hotspur.

​- PZW

Semi final Draw

Spurs/Bolton vs. Chelsea

Liverpool vs. Sunderland/Everton.

Mostly likely anticipating a Liverpool vs Chelsea FA Cup finale :D

Like to know how you drew that conclusion.

Think there is a stat going round that Petr Cech has never lost a FA Cup game. Obviously not including penalty shootouts but i counted at least 23 games without a defeat.

Think there is a stat going round that Petr Cech has never lost a FA Cup game. Obviously not including penalty shootouts but i counted at least 23 games without a defeat.

Yes that is true.. Apart from the fact he has lost.. On penalties.

Liverpool v Everton Semi-Final Saturday April 14th KO 12:30 pm ESPN
Chelsea v Spurs Semi-Final Sunday April 15th KO 18:00 pm ITV1

Absolutely staggering. Those times make no sense whatsoever. Jesus wept

Liverpool v Everton Semi-Final Saturday April 14th KO 12:30 pm ESPN
Chelsea v Spurs Semi-Final Sunday April 15th KO 18:00 pm ITV1

Absolutely staggering. Those times make no sense whatsoever. Jesus wept

Aintree is on at 15:00 on the 14th, no TV football is allowed to be shown, so it was either before Aintree or after Aintree.

Not sure why spurs is at 18:00 though

Status
Not open for further replies.