The 2011-2012 FA CUP Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aintree is on at 15:00 on the 14th, no TV football is allowed to be shown, so it was either before Aintree or after Aintree.

Not sure why spurs is at 18:00 though

No football allowed to be shown because of Aintree? Since when-has it always been the case?

I'm surprised the police agreed to the Chelsea KO time. There's no love lost between Spurs and Chelsea fans, and it's basically giving the fans all day to get beered up. Makes no sense whatsoever. And as someone said, travelling the tube on a Sunday night is a disaster. Not to mention Chelsea have a CL game coming.

No football allowed to be shown because of Aintree? Since when-has it always been the case?

I'm surprised the police agreed to the Chelsea KO time. There's no love lost between Spurs and Chelsea fans, and it's basically giving the fans all day to get beered up. Makes no sense whatsoever. And as someone said, travelling the tube on a Sunday night is a disaster. Not to mention Chelsea have a CL game coming.

Not sure since when, but there is a TV deal that prevents live football, so no games between 15:00 and 16:30. And there is no way they would play the game without the TV audience.

Might dig into the spurs timing though

Well the northern Spurs/Chelsea fans better hope there's no ET or pens-they'll be potentially royally stuffed with the transport. And I suspect the fans from Merseyside will be panicking now after hearing the KO time, as they would've had hotels, coaches etc booked up, after finding out sooner our match was on a Saturday

The time is an absolute ******* joke!!!! If we manage to finish off Benfica we will have our first leg of the Champions League semi final against either AC Milan or Barcelona who will more that likely be allowed to play Friday night (because their F.A's have common sence). Our game could very well go to extra time and penalties so they (Milan or Barca) will have 5 days rest and us only 2 but in theory much less if it goes to extra time. And the English FA wonder why our players are all burnt out by the time a tournament comes around. Not happy at all, this has really ****** me off especially as Dalgleish said he would refuse to play the game if Liverpool's was on the Sunday. I understand its a sensitive day for the club but Utd have played on the anniversary of the Munich disaster. Surely a chance to reach a final on a day like that will rally the players and fans and bring them all together, they could easily switch the semi's around but they wont because the FA have no back bone at all.

Im hearing that both semi finals will hold a minute silence for the Hillsborough disaster. Now i have pretty strong views on this but don't intend on upsetting anyone. Personly i think if Liverpool want to do it then its fine, i already think its a farce that they refused to play on the Sunday in the first place but that can't be helped now. My argument will be that we never have minute silences for any other football related disasters on their anniversaries so why should this be an exception?

Meh, I would have done the same in his position.. Although they've really taken what he said and ran with it. Typical.

Well, if he's as good as people claim he shouldn't need to do it. If he wants to tarnish the match and ruin it and miss the rest of the season-fair enough. But by saying that is not helping the simmering hatred one jot, and is not doing himself any favours whatsoever. There's already some moronic Everton fans out there and it's just going to infuriate them even further. What was said is not beneficial in the slightest.

Liverpool XI: Jones, Johnson, Carragher, Skrtel, Agger, Gerrard, Spearing, Henderson, Downing, Carroll, Suarez
Liverpool subs: Gulacsi, Enrique, Maxi, Kuyt, Shelvey, Kelly, Bellamy.

Everton XI: Howard, Neville, Distin, Heitinga, Baines, Osman, Fellaini, Gibson, Gueye, Cahill, Jelavic
Everton subs: Hahnemann, Hibbert, Jagielka, Stracqualursi, McFadden, Coleman, Anichebe

We're going to miss Piennar. Up to Osman to get another corker of a goal like he did at the weekend. Surprised Hibbo doesn't start. I feel confident though

Last edited:
Really disrespectful. I'd hope Rafa Benitez wasn't to go to Chelsea come the end of the season; he's a much better person than that club. Those supporters have let both the club and English football down. Shame on you all.

Great win for Chelsea. Absolute domination. 2nd half was just exciting to watch. Mata and Drogba = BEAST !

Im hearing that both semi finals will hold a minute silence for the Hillsborough disaster. Now i have pretty strong views on this but don't intend on upsetting anyone. Personly i think if Liverpool want to do it then its fine, i already think its a farce that they refused to play on the Sunday in the first place but that can't be helped now. My argument will be that we never have minute silences for any other football related disasters on their anniversaries so why should this be an exception?

Seems like the rest of your fans as just disrespectful as you are. See you in the final.

A few fans were singing and it shows true colours of our club? Them fans who did that are disgusting but not all of us are like that.

More than a few, if you can hear it on the TV cameras. Don't get me wrong, not all Chelsea fans are like that, but it's not an incident that just happened, it was planned, those who actually turned up (disgraceful amount of empty seats in the Chelsea end for a semi-final) have made them all look like absolute bellends. Didn't help that a lot of the Chelsea players weren't wearing black armbands, even Torres didn't have an armband on.

More than a few, if you can hear it on the TV cameras. Don't get me wrong, not all Chelsea fans are like that, but it's not an incident that just happened, it was planned, those who actually turned up (disgraceful amount of empty seats in the Chelsea end for a semi-final) have made them all look like absolute bellends. Didn't help that a lot of the Chelsea players weren't wearing black armbands, even Torres didn't have an armband on.

The players dont have to wear armbands. Nor should they be judged for not doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.