The 2011 Rugby World Cup Thread

Who do you think will win the RWC 2011?

• Total voters
17-16 South Africa, Wales missed a penalty goal in the last 10 minutes.

BBC Sport - Rugby World Cup 2011: Courtney Lawes in two-match ban

Not surprised that Lawes has been banned, could say he's lucky that he'll only miss two matches.

---------- Post added at 08:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

Official_RFU Official RFU

BREAKING NEWS Prop Andrew Sheridan is out of #rwc after injuring shoulder against Argentina. He will go home for treatment & cannot return.

Johno: "It’s really sad for Sheri, he's been unlucky. We brought 5 props so have options&we can decide to bring replacement in due course."

Looks like Johnson's decision to bring 5 props has been justified, if anyone does get called up then Doran-Jones will probably be the most likely. Won't be surprised if Sheriden retires after this latest shoulder injury tbh.

17-16 to SA.

Was a fairly good game. Wales had their chances to win but didn't take them.
to be fair mate, we (South Africa) really should have lost this game, we were shocking, Wales were good and deserved more!

Shaky start for our boys, but, a good scare/wake up call for them to buckle down and start performing a lot better cause it is not going to be easy...

I'm going to claim my Irish ancestory as a reason to celebrate that :D Awesome stuff from Ireland.

ireland were immense against the aussies they never got a sniff just hope england can win tomoz!:D

anyone staying up to watch Samoa:)wub:) vs. Wales? Should be a cracker

Its an interesting idea, however will not happen and I would not like to see it happen. The pure fact is that whether you play Aus/Nz in the Quarter's/Semi's you will probably meet one of them in the final anyways. Its a world cup, you only win it by playing and beating the best. Also I live in Australia (Im South African.) I would love nothing more to knock those arrogant ****** out at the quarters, after listening to there "experts" say we wouldnt make it out the group and that we would lose to Fiji. I also love the idea of a All Black Semi, such history and passion between the boks and all blacks, it would only feel 100% satisfying knocking them both out :D

• If Scotland lose to England without a losing bonus point they are out of the World Cup

• If Scotland lose to England with a losing bonus point and Argentina lose against Georgia, Scotland go through

• If Scotland draw with England, they need Argentina to lose against Georgia

• If Scotland and Argentina both win without a bonus point, it will come down to points difference between the three teams, though England are way out in front

• If Scotland and Argentina win with bonus points, and England do not earn a losing bonus point, England are out​
BBC Sport - Rugby World Cup 2011: England and Scotland make changes

---------- Post added 01/10/2011 at 10:14 PM ---------- Previous post was 29/09/2011 at 07:45 PM ----------

New Zealand's Dan Carter ruled out of the rest of the Rugby World Cup.