toddzy

Reaction score
big_Afc%20Ajax01.gif

I've been looking to really get into a save with a team that already had a fantastic foundation to build on so that I could attempt to propel them into European greatness.

I have finally stumbled across Ajax and realised that they will be the perfect club based on current finance structure and their more than impressive youth system which is hailed over the years as one of the best in the world.

Looking at their history I did not know just how impressive it actually was as you can see from the screenshot below.

History.png

My aim is to at least achieve 40 Eredivisie titles and finally gain that 5th Champions League Trophy.

I have currently played through July and will provide an update for that later today/tonight which will include initial fixtures, transfers, the spine of the team and of course tactics.

I hope to gain some response and followers from this as attempt to make Ajax a dominant European force once more.

Peace
(H)

Always had a soft spot for Ajax since the 90's when they had that side with Overmars/Davids/Seedorf/the De Boers/Kluivert/Van Der Sar man that team was awesome - they would have won everything for years if money wasn't an issue. Hopefully you can recreate something like that and keep them all together this time!!

Will be following :)

Thank you.

Good luck!

Thank you.

Always had a soft spot for Ajax since the 90's when they had that side with Overmars/Davids/Seedorf/the De Boers/Kluivert/Van Der Sar man that team was awesome - they would have won everything for years if money wasn't an issue. Hopefully you can recreate something like that and keep them all together this time!!

Thank you. If my team is as half as successful I'll be happy.

Im pretty sure this is gonna be a great story,wil defo follow this !
Good luck mate !

Good luck mate. I hear Ajax are great fun to manage

Always been a fan of Ajax, since Kluivert was there. Good luck. I'll be following.

I will follow too. Good luck! :)

Thank you.

Im pretty sure this is gonna be a great story,wil defo follow this !
Good luck mate !

Thank you.

This should be good. Who doesn't love Ajax?

Thank you.

Good luck mate. I hear Ajax are great fun to manage

Thank you.

Always been a fan of Ajax, since Kluivert was there. Good luck. I'll be following.

Thank you.

- - -

I'll post a quick transfer update shortly.

big_Afc%20Ajax01.gif

July Transfer Update

I had a good look at my squad and decided that I had two areas I really wanted to improve on to challenge or become first team members. The identified areas are striker and defensive midfield.

Based on the fact I like to play a 4-5-1 (1 DM, 2 CM and AMR + AML) It was quite apparent that I did not have the type of DM player I required. I tend to try and use a Regista/Deep Lying Playmaker type so I had a few targets in mind.

So, that leads me to announce my first signing – Sergi Samper.

I LOVE this guy, I usually always try and sign him whenever I can and he fits appropriately into the team. On this occasion he more than does.

Samper.png

His passing, decisions and vision make for a fantastic option and I cannot wait to utilise him. I’m hoping he just plays the simple passes into Davy Klaassen who can dictate the play from the centre of the park.

My second signing I felt was a fantastic addition – Moussa Sow. His finishing and pace look extremely great whilst his heading ability offers that threat too from crosses from Lasse Schone.

Sow.png

My other transfers included the signing of LB Alex Grimaldo as cover and hopefully he can push into the first team. Initially it is currently a loan but I will look to sign him permanently.

Grimaldo.png

Also joining on loan from Barcelona is young RB Patric. He will most definitely be cover and I don’t have any great desire to sign him permanently currently.

Patric.png

Sadly, I’m beginning to wonder if I should invest in a new AML based on the fact Victor Fischer is injured for the full season. I could implement Sow out here and look for a new striker. However, I currently have no transfer funds left.

Other addition you'll see below is youngster signed by DoF.

August could be an interesting month.

- - -

Transfers_1.png

Nice signings man, I love Samper too! Hopefully you can start the season well.

Nice signings man, I love Samper too! Hopefully you can start the season well.

Thanks mate.

I haven't started August yet but July ended well - I'll update that soon.

Quick question, which skin are you using?

It's called Helveticalite Rebooted and I added the DF'11 panels into mate.

Basically the default skin but white - I always preferred the white version of the default but they didn't have it this year.

big_Afc%20Ajax01.gif

July Fixtures

July was a fantastic month in terms of the pre-season and the opening fixture of the season in the Dutch Super cup were we faced Zwolle.

It gave me the opportunity to experiment with different formations and ultimately confirm that I could stick with the 4-5-1 that I had intended to use whilst also creating a 5-4-1 I planned to deploy in the European games in order to progress out of the group stages.

Please find below the screenshot which showed our unbeaten beginning to the season;

July%20fixtures.png

The most important fixture is the one which you see last - Zwolle. Now, despite most countries conssidering the Super Cup as the warm I've always taken it seriously - it's silverware at the end of the day who doesn't want to win that?

And thanks to goals from Sow, Schone and Sinkgraven I did just that.

Ajax%203-0%20Zwolle.png

Ajax%203-0%20Zwolle%20-%20MARK%202.png

Luckily, the injury to Schone was not serious and after the game he would not be out for any length of time. Furthermore, the link up between Sow and Schone worked really well - both their goals game from assisting one another. Promising times indeed...

I look forward now to the first league game of the season against FC Utrecht away from home which is a tough start.

Currently no signing updates as I'm currently only on the 8th of August, I'm trying to keep this as up to date as possible.M

My current transfer target is Nicola Sansone. I had him on a previous save with Inter Milan and thought he was brilliant so I am going to try and convince the board to sign him. Find his stats below;

Sansone.png

August update to hopefully follow soon.

Great signins,especially Samper's :)
Lets hope for Sansone...
Nice match agains Zwolle...
Eredivisie,here we go !

Sansone would be a quality signing! I really wanted him with Celta, but couldn't afford him, good luck on getting him man.