It's called Helveticalite Rebooted and I added the DF'11 panels into mate.

Basically the default skin but white - I always preferred the white version of the default but they didn't have it this year.

I am the same, much prefer the white. Thanks a lot I will look into it now

big_Afc%20Ajax01.gif

August & September Update

I've now managed to play through August and September and I am really enjoying the save. I've made a few transfers in and out whilst also having to deal with a large amount of fixtures over the two month period. One player has really shone over the period as well which I will touch on soon during the update.

We'll begin with the Eredivisie fixtures first;

Game 1

View attachment 284838

Great link up between Schone and Sow again as they both manage to find the scoresheet. The only worrying thing I found already from this game was the amount it appeared the team relied on these two players. Even new captain Davy Klaassen didn't seem too effective.

View attachment 284839

A below average performance again but we used our get out of jail free card in Lasse Schone once more to get the victory over FC Groningen.

View attachment 284840

My first defeat as Ajax manager and it was a bitter one to take from a side whom we'd beaten 3-0 recently. I cannot deny they simply outplayed us - Tomas Necid running the show. Schone again making his presence felt by getting on the scoresheet.

View attachment 284841

Hat trick hero - take a bow Lasse Schone. It feels like all I'm doing is writing about this man but how can I not? Simply fantastic displays. Also pleasing aspects from this game were young 18 year old striker Richairo Zivkovic netting on his debut whilst loanee Sergi Samper grabbed his first goal for us.

View attachment 284842

I stuck with Zivkovic in this game and kept Moussa Sow wide on the left. Initially it felt like the decision was going to be a good one but poor defending in the latter stages of the game have cost us a massive 3 points here. Extremely, extremely angry to have thrown away a 2 goal lead.

View attachment 284843

Moussa Sow this time was my get out of jail free card. A terrible performance from my side - really bad indeed. Thankful to get a point in a came which could have went a lot worse.

View attachment 284844

Another Lasse Schone hat trick. He just cannot stop scoring from the AMR position I am currently playing him in. Not only that he sets up other 2 goals in this game to earn a 9.8 rating in the match. Fantastic...

View attachment 284833

Huge game for us. Heerenveen were top of the table so this was a must win already. Again, Schone gets on the scoresheet albeit this time from the spot.

- - -

I had two fixtures in the Champions league this month...

Away to Benfica and I played at Home to Basel. The results can be found below;

View attachment 284845

Absolutely gutted about this. I used a 4-1-4-1 contain formation I had made and was overjoyed to see Zivkovic head in from a terrific Grimaldo cross. But yet again another late goal has costs us a vital 3 points in what really is going to be the hardest game of the group.

View attachment 284848

Cruised this game whilst having over 30 shots on goal, the only game we've managed that so far. A brace from Moussa Sow helping us along the way. Basel scoring from 1 of 3 shots on goal. Work on defense certainly required.

As you may see from the screenshot I have brought in Lazzari, only on loan. He was initially meant to be backup on a 5 month loan deal however good performances have taken him into the first team.

His goal in this game coming from 25 yards.

- - -

Final game to update you on was the Dutch Cup fixture I played against FC Oss;

View attachment 284846

I rested all of my main players and fielded a majority youth side + usual non-starters. I feel the result showed how bad the performance was. We successfully tucked away 7 out of 7 penalties which was the only pleasing aspect.

We face FC Eindhoven in the third round of the Dutch Cup.

View attachment 284847

- - -

Transfers

As I stated in my previous update I was in the market for a left winger due to the injury of Victor Fischer. He will likely miss another 6 months of the season and therefore I felt we required an experienced head in this area.

That led me to the capture of a former well known Gooner and Zenit legend - Andrei Arshavin. I picked him up for £135K and he is more than capable of playing on the wing. At the moment he is only providing cover as Moussa Sow is playing on the left due to the good form of Zivkovic.

As previously mentioned Andrea Lazzari was also brought in on loan as cover in CM.

Dealings out included the sale of two younger players who requested transfers as several major European clubs expressed interest in them.

I did not want to keep unhappy players.

Both players joined Barcelona. However, to show that I am not cheating please find my playable leagues also as an attachment. Barcelona just happened to be both players choice of club.

Overall - average. I don't think it was a roaring success but I've seen some star performances and had some fantastic results along the way so far.

Still beating myself up about the results against Vitesse, Zwolle and Benfica. Better to gain two points than none however.

The league table looks as below;

I've summarised the league table as I'm sure you're not overly interested in the lower half of the league. As you can see from the initial start we are not too far off the pace. I remain confident we'll be crowned champions at the end of the season. My next game on October 5th is against PSV which is sure to be a good one.

My player of August & September is without doubt Lasse Schone. He's been utterly fantastic - just have a look at his statistics below. Concerned by his depreciating values though.

My surprise over this period is certainly Zivkovic. He already looks a proper handful and I don't even grudge moving my record signing out the the wing to accommodate him at the moment. Hoping his form keeps up.

Sorry if this a bit long - I hope you enjoy it and fingers crossed we can push on a bit in October.

big_Afc%20Ajax01.gif

October Update

As stated at the end of my last update I had an important game coming up against rivals for the title PSV. Also this month I had an encounter against rivals AZ which I knew was also a must win for the fans.

So, we'll start by visiting the Eredivisie results below;

View attachment 284731

Not the result we wanted at all and the fans are understandably frustrated after this one. We fell behind to a Memphis Depay header at the near post. We are currently playing Diederik Boer in goals due to an injury to Cillessen which he picked up on International with Holland.

Another goal from Zivkovic before HT but it wasn't enough to rescue us. I was left wondering if this will have a big impact come the business end of the season.

View attachment 284733

Two more goals of Zivkovic which is thrilling to see, I'm really excited by his progress already. After the PSV result this is exactly what we needed to get back on track. Albeit the side we faced were 17th but still a good, comfortable performance.

View attachment 284732

The third and final game I played in the league this month was the other big game against our rivals AZ. It was back to my dynamic duo in Lasse Schone and Moussa Sow to get the goals. I'd reverted back to my normal formation for this game and it would appear that it helped.

- - -

One game in the Champions League this month which was a home tie against Partizan Belgrade.

The result can be found below;

View attachment 284735

Grimaldo getting two bookings inside two minutes was deeply frustrating but it didn't really prevent us from playing our game. We had 2 goals chopped off for offside, both from Moussa Sow. Another draw though which is disappointing. However, we currently lie top of our group on five points at the half way stage. An away tie against Partizan to follow shortly.

- - -

Another game in the Dutch Cup, this time against FC Eindhoven. Like the previous month I chose to rest the first team and play youngsters. The result can be found below;

View attachment 284734

Never really in doubt as the away side rarely threatened. Zivkovic getting on the scoresheet again was a boost.

- - -

Summary

Hugely disappointing result against PSV as if we'd won it would have closed the gap on them despite their game in hand. However, we currently lie third as you will see from the screenshot below whilst also occupying the top of our group in the Champions League.

Zivkovic continues to impressive and at the moment I am currently pondering the avenue of training him as a complete forward. With his 6'2 height and pace + finishing he seems the ideal candidate.

On the transfer front I am now scouting players who will be available to sign a pre-contract agreement come January. Players include Andre-Pierre Gignac from Marseille, Mitchell Weiser from Bayern Munich and Thiago Motta of PSG to replace the likely departure of Sergi Samper come the end of the season.

More realistic transfers include Alberto Aquilani from Fiorentina. Always loved him and his style of play would fit in well here. I will continue to monitor his situation.

Nice man, unlucky on the PSV result, I still think you will win the league though. A run in the UCL would also be nice!

Nice man, unlucky on the PSV result, I still think you will win the league though. A run in the UCL would also be nice!

Fingers crossed. Hoping to at least win the double at the moment.

Header.png

Donny van de Beek moved to 1st team

194554_DSC_7445_600x338.jpg

Donny with DoF Marc Overmars

Ajax are delighted to announce today that 17 year old Donny van de Beek has been promoted from Jong Ajax to the first team at the request of manager Craig Todd.

It is understood that Donny is to provide cover in the defensive midfield area an allow Sergi Samper to sit out of some games as we look to progress in the Dutch Cup and UEFA Champions League.

Craig Todd had this to say on the movement;

Craig Todd said:
Donny looks a stellar talent and I've been monitoring his progress closely along with reports fed back to me from Jaap (Stam).

He's going to earn some valuable experience playing and training with the first team and I hope he can replicate the success of previous Ajax midfielders such as Wesley (Sneijder) and Rafael (Van der Vaart).

All of us here at Ajax AFC wish Donny the best of luck with this massive step forward in his career.

Good run ! Except the game agains PSV :)
Zivkovic and Schone are doing great...
But i dont understand why you sell Boilesen,Kishna and Bazoer for such little money ?!
Hope you're gonna win Eredivisie ! Good luck !

Good run ! Except the game agains PSV :)
Zivkovic and Schone are doing great...
But i dont understand why you sell Boilesen,Kishna and Bazoer for such little money ?!
Hope you're gonna win Eredivisie ! Good luck !

Thank you.

Kishna deal is mainly installments and could work out at upto £3.65million.

Bazoer I tried for £3million but they wouldn't budge.

Boilesen is also installments and could work at upto £1.5million.

I'd love to have kept them but they didn't want to stay and I didn't want the team harmony to be effected.

Awesome stuff, really enjoying it mate. I hope you can reel in PSV and Feyernoord.

What site or thread can I follow this on? I'm really looking forward to a real time save on FM16 seen something similar on Twitter very interesting

What site or thread can I follow this on? I'm really looking forward to a real time save on FM16 seen something similar on Twitter very interesting

Bit confused about your question...could you elaborate?

Tod,i really like your story,when you're gonn update it ? :)
PS,im not pushing you,only asking :)

Tod,i really like your story,when you're gonn update it ? :)
PS,im not pushing you,only asking :)

I appreciate the kind words ^^)

I'm now midway through January so I will hopefully be doing a combined November-December update shortly.

big_Afc%20Ajax01.gif

November - December Update

Sorry that I have taken so long to update I have been trying to find the time whilst also enjoying and playing the save. Just to keep you up to date, I am now midway through January and have purchased and sold some players with a big transfer on the way in which I am very happy with.

So, without further ado please find the update for November and December below. We start with the Eredivisie;

View attachment 283215

What a great victory this was which was made even better by the fact we fell behind twice. The fans were notably happy after the game which came as no surprise. My two in-form players in Zivkovic and Schone grabbing the goals.

View attachment 283216

Another tough away game but the boys stepped up once again to gain the three points. I'm sure the followers of this must surely be wondering if all I rely on is Sow, Schone and Zivkovic to get the goals. The truth is - I'm wondering the same thing! But as long as they keep fit, we keep winning and we win that league I won't be caring.

View attachment 283217

A bore draw and 2 points dropped again in a tight race for the top. Not much I can really add about this game other than I feel we should be winning most games at home.

View attachment 283218

Great result and great see Arshavin get onto the scoresheet. Quick side note - Arshavin has recently declared himself unhappy as being used as a backup. I'm not surprised but like all my saves this year I never promise a player a chance in the first team if they first team squad are currently playing well. Would you take Sow, Schone or Zivkovic out at the moment? I know I won't. The result of the saga so far in the middle of January has left him on the transfer list. Currently he is attracting no interest.

View attachment 283219

Couple of players rested for this game - notably in defense. However, it was the stand in CB that managed to get on the scoresheet. Delighted for him as he meets a great corner at the near post. Sergi Samper also getting on the scoresheet again which was good to see.

View attachment 283213

Sow scoring before being substituted for Zivkovic who put the nail in the coffin as GA Eagles were beginning to become quite dangerous in this game. Strangely, this is probably the hardest game I have had this season. Both our goals coming against the run of play so was more than happy to pick up the 3 points.

View attachment 283212

Well, maybe a middle finger to me from the little Russian here. I repay his lack of patience with a start and he nets twice from two crosses from Patric's come back game. The young Spanish RB has been injured most of the first half of the season.

After the results above and whilst PSV have finally managed to play their game in hand the league table looks as below which I find rather pleasing at the half way stage;

View attachment 283214

As you can see we currently lie only one point behind leaders PSV. Although, much like real life at the moment I ponder where PSV would actually be in the league without Memphis Depay. He's already netted 22 goals as they are currently using him as a striker.

Lasse Schone currently in second place behind Depay in the scoring charts.

- - -

Onto now what has resulted in a disappointing Champions League campaign and would more than suggest that that 5th European Cup will not be arriving in 2015. Please find remaining 3 fixtures and league table result below;

View attachment 283211

We travelled to Partizan first but really struggled to get the draw. In reality, either team could have picked up the 3 points as it was a very open game. Furthermore, with hindsight, this is probably the game that ultimately cost us our place in the last sixteen.

View attachment 283210

I know I said above the draw cost us and I will stick by that despite this defeat. It's horrible to say but I wasn't even confident before this game started and it's as if it reflected in the performance. Two goals inside ten minutes killed the game as the Portuguese side cruised it.

View attachment 283209

A win would have seen us progress but we were constantly on the back foot in this game and just couldn't get going at all. In honesty, Basel probably should have progressed so I am reluctantly happy I've salvaged some form of European football.

So, as stated above we did not progress in the Champions League. Truth be told I am a bit gutted as the financial gain from winning games in the group stages as well as getting out of it are massive. However, you can find the table below;

View attachment 283208

So as you can see we go into the pot for the Euro Cup. This drew us against Red Bull Salzburg as you'll see below;

View attachment 283207

As you can also see from board expectations they only want me to get to the First knockout stage of the tournament which I entered by default. However, I would love to progress further and I will aim to do so. Notable point is off the top of my head I remember Chelsea have also been relegated to the minnows of the Euro Cup.

- - -

Finally, my final game update comes in the shape of an away tie against GA Eagles who at the time I had just beaten at home. You can find the screenshot below;

View attachment 283206

Another extremely hard game but another 25-yard screamer from my Italian stallion gets us out of jail before super sub Sow nets a great goal right before the horrid thought of penalties for the second time this season in the cup. Thrilled to get through and into the quarter finals against VVV as you can see below;

View attachment 283205

- - -

MISC and Transfers

December ended brightly for me as I was greeted by the news that the board were to make some extra funds available. Albeit not a great amount but it would certainly help sign current players to better contracts and possibly allow some new pre-contract agreements (you'll see below).

As December concluded I was also met with some bad news as my transfer target I had mentioned in my previous update signed a new contract. The player was Alberto Aquilani. I had kind of rested a bit of hope on him to replace the departing Sergi Samper as I had realised also Thiago Motta was going to be outwith my current wage structure abilities. Nonetheless, we move onwards and upwards.

Do not fret though my followers as here comes possibly the best news of all. As most of you will be aware PSV become reluctant to the fact they will lose their hot prospect Bakkali to one of Europe's top guns come December 2014-January 2015 on a pre-contract agreement (usually Man City on my saves). I don't think they expected to lose out to one of their rivals in AFC Ajax.

I am over the moon though - what a coup for us. He'll know doubt be sold off in 2-3 years time once he develops as expected but I'm hoping in the time I have him he excels this team even further forward.

Sorry about length of update I hope it's still enjoyable to read as it's taken me a while to do so. I expect January to be much the same as there has been a few changes. It's becoming difficult as teams are expressing interest in Schone, Klaassen and Veltman.

As a tease/spoiler get this - one of the above 3 players has in fact already left. But, a replacement signing is all but confirmed after he liked my contract terms. It's now a case of when mee does sign which will make me very happy looking onto next season.

As a side note also I am planning to try and maybe implement a 5-2-2-1 formation from January-May to see how it goes - I'll keep you posted on that one.

I've played on right through without updating this and I do apologise.

I will complete my second season and then compose an update before looking to update on a game by game basis so that it is easier to follow.

Hopefully this will generate some interest and make this project a little bit more exciting to follow.

Thanks, Toddzy