Eredivisie Matchday 6

What a thriller! Zivkovic saves us just in the nick of time though with a well placed header at the near post. As it was a derby game I went for it playing my 3-4-3 formation. But, even when we took the lead through Fellaini I never felt completely confident.

A defensive tweak mid-game didn't help and I thought we were down and out before my go to striker made it two goals in as many games for him.

Luis Caballero was a real threat as a lone striker and a deserved man of the match. Moussa Sow also hit the crossbar for PSV.

In all honesty I am happy to take a point away from this game. It keeps our unbeaten start to the league under tact. I'm already dreaming about trying to stay unbeaten for the full season.

August summary to follow with news on the below;
  • Transfers - the final ins and out.
  • Board announcements - two successful meetings held this month.
  • League table - show you guys how it stands at the moment.
  • POM - an announcement on my player of the month.

Last edited:
August 2016 Summary

View attachment 276009

Transfers

I'm actually quite surprised with my transfers this season. Usually I've spend quite a large amount of money but I resisted this year. I brought in a couple of players as you'll see below and one youngster for a rather large fee.

The youngster I've brought in worries me slightly, I feel I may have made a hasty call on this but we will see how he gets on. You can find his stats below;

View attachment 276008

I'm hoping he turns out to be a good player or at least we make a bit of profit out of him.

In addition you'll be aware that we also signed Marouane Fellaini as cover for the central midfield which has proved to be a useful signing thus far. He will steel when needed in the tough European games coming up.

We have also brought in Elia on a free from Werder Breman which adds further depth for wingers/false nines up front. He will also increase the number of HG players in our Champions league squad.

In regards to the transfers out we have a lot of youth players who leave us on loan in an attempt to gain so valuable first team experience at a competitive level.

However, we have two notable first team squad fringe players depart us which created €3million in additional funds and cleared some unwanted wages from the bill. I was a little sad to sell Niklas Moisander but he wasn't going to get a look in this season. He's 29 now and earning €20K a week. I have more than enough CB cover with my younger players.

View attachment 276005

- - -

League table

As you'll be aware this season I remain unbeaten thus far after five wins and one draw against PSV. This currently allows me sit proudly on top of the table after the first round of monthly fixtures with sixteen points.

Furthermore, we hold an early four point lead against our nearest rivals which is good breathing room at this early stage.

I would like to try and go unbeaten this season too.

View attachment 276004

- - -

Board Announcements

View attachment 276003
View attachment 276002

After the 2015-2016 season I was made aware by one of my coaches that the training facilities had been downgraded due to advances etc. I'm not one for going to the board very often but I thought that I would hold a meeting and make a few requests.

The two I did make were granted as you can see above.

I'm thrilled about the responsibility given to choose the Feeder Club for Ajax. I chose CSKA Moscow who held a four star reputation. The partnership allows me to send players on loan to the Russian side whilst if a bid is accepted for a CSKA Moscow player I have the ability to match it and it will be accepted.

- - -

POM

I struggled with this one if I am honest. My heart told me Donny Van de Beek as he's been ever present so far this season with his performances.

But in the end I decided that his 5 goals in 7 games as well as 4 assists had earned Victor Fischer the right of the accolade. Most certainly a worthy winner and I hope his form continues. With Barbosa coming back from injury soon he will need to keep his good start to the season going to remain in the first team.

View attachment 275997
Fischer

- - -

First match in September to follow soon and any other relevant updates.

Eredivisie Matchday 7

Three errors by NEC clinically punished by a ruthless team. We looked fantastic on the counter attack in the second half although just before the sending off NEC had had a small half chance which on a better day they possibly would have scored.

Lasse Schone scoring again as well as in-form man Donny Van de Beek (also pleasing).

Now that he has earned Wonderkid status I'm a little worried the large European sharks will come sniffing. He's currently valued at around €5million but I would demand €20million+ for him.

Our next fixture sees us welcome Juventus at home in our first Champions League fixture of the season.

Champions League Group Stage Game 1

DEVASTATED! We were announced favourites heading into the game albeit I certainly didn't see us as being so. Started perfectly playing the Old Lady on the counter attack and with Bakkali, Fischer, Schone and Zivkovic as my forward players we posed a good threat.

Deservedly took the lead through Zivkovic before I switched to contain on the half hour mark. That didn't stop Bakkali hitting the bar from a headed chance in the fortieth minute.

But they managed to ****** a late, late draw by throwing the metaphorical kitchen sink at us. I still firmly believe that the goal was offside and three of my players questioned the linesman decision not to give it.

However, not to be.

In the other group game FC Barcelona defeated Liverpool at Anfield 2-0 courtesy of two Lionel Messi penalties.

This leaves us sitting joint second/third with Juventus after one game.

Our next game sees us play against FC Utrecht away from home.

Ahh really unlucky not to get all 3 points mate, they would have been huge. Still not a bad start to the group at all, to go along with a great start to the Eredivisie.

Ahh really unlucky not to get all 3 points mate, they would have been huge. Still not a bad start to the group at all, to go along with a great start to the Eredivisie.

Gutted not to get them tbh, makes the games against Liverpool a bit more important now.