The Alfa Romeo Metaphor

View attachment 372025Nine points up on 2nd place Cheltenham with seven matches to go. Cheltenham are in danger of relinquishing 2nd place.

Eleven points of cushion to guarantee our automatic promotion.

We need any combination of ten points from wins for us or dropped points from the fourth place team to gain automatic promotion.

There was a note under my windshield wiper when I went out to my car.
We know everything about you.
Where you work.
Where you live.
We are watching you.
Pay your debts.

The note included a phone number. I called the Inspector in charge of my case as I drove off.

"It's Enrico Pucci."

"Yes, Mr. Pucci. How are you."

"I could be better," I said. "A note was left under my windshield. I picked it up by the corner. It says they are watching me and gives me a number to call."

"Tell me the number so I can start a search," the Inspector said. I told him the number then repeated it. "Don't call. Send a text that you don't have any money. Where are you going now?"

"I dunno," I replied. "I ... uh ... hadn't really thought through what I'm going to do next."

"Hold on a moment," he said. "Do you know where the Kingston Railway Station is?"

"I do."

"Give your note to a constable you see there," he said. "They will bring it in for processing and analysis. Hopefully, they left some fingerprints. Send the text after you give the note to the constable."

"Will do. And thanks."

League Two: Bury FC v. AFC Wimbledon

View attachment 371621Up to Greater Manchester to face Bury. The Shakers are in 17th place with 49 points. They have collected 8 points in their last four matches with two wins and two draws. They beat York and drew against Hartlepool so we need to be careful.

To that end I reverted to our 451 with Steven Gregory between the defense and midfield. Mark Tomlinson, Cameron Dummigan and Matteo Nole get a rest.

The pitch at Gigg Lane is horrid. The goalmouths are mud pits and the rest of the pitch is lumpy and chewed up. Like Bury we do our best with our limited maintenance budgets. I guess having a **** ton of volunteers showing up periodically to help out makes a difference. Our pitch isn't great, but it sure is **** is better than here.

We started really well.

Captain Andy Frampton and right midfielder George Francomb sent a few messages to the opposition and were carded.

Brad Smith headed clear from Bury's free kick that George gave away. Danny Boy was first to the ball and played a pass up to Leandro. Leandro dribbled ten yards further forward and then passed up to Michael Smith. Smith held up the ball then gave it back to Leandro.

Leandro nearly shattered the crossbar.

So close.

In the 9th minute, Leandro played a ball into the corner for George to fetch. Leandro continued his run and George whipped in a cross directly into Leandro's path. No post, no crossbar and no keeper in the way of this thunderbolt.

0-1

We continued to press. George had two great chances but one was blocked and the next grazed the crossbar.

Then in the 24th minute, Bury broke with speed and numbers up our right flank. I got that horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach as nobody seemed to be marking anyone all that closely. They played it up to their top scorer Ashley Grimes. He passed it square to his striking partner Danny Rose (no connection to Spur's player of the same name).

Reuben Hazell watched the ball roll to Rose. Grimes, like any striker worth his salt, pointed to where he wanted the pass and started his run. Rose one-timed the pass exactly where Grimes wanted it and Grimes put it exactly where he wanted to: into the bottom corner of the net.

1-1

****ing ball-watching. Caught ****ing ball-watching again. ****.

Despite getting scored on, we continued to dominate possession. We failed to create any chances, though. The field was getting really chopped up and players didn't know what the ball would do as it rolled toward them.

In the locker room, few players had any white one their shorts and their blue socks were mostly brown. Most players still had a decent amount of yellow still visible.

"You're playing well despite the conditions," I said. "Keep your concentration high especially when they counter. I have faith that you will find a way to score."

Apparently, Haz wasn't listening to what I said about concentration. Grimes caught him ball-watching in the 47th minute but we got lucky. Grimes shot wide. The ball bobbled as he struck it.

"HAZ! HAZ!" I yelled. "DON'T BALL WATCH!"

Haz gave me a thumbs up.

Dunn booted the goal kick straight to Bury who worked it down our left resulting in a back post cross. Bury's right midfielder Emanuele Catania smashed his header into the side netting.

I got the sinking feeling that today was Grimes big day. Haz got caught ball-watching again in the 55th minute, but Dunn made a great save to deny Grimes.

This time Assistant Manager Sean Hankin was off the bench yelling at Haz.

To no avail.

At 60 minutes, Danny Boy was knackered so I replaced him with Adam Pepper. Furthermore, I wanted to shut down the midfield so I put on Mark Tomlinson. Mark would play between the defense and midfield, Gregs would move up into the midfield.

Soon after, Jim Fenlon played a pass up toward Gregory. Peps was running across to get into place to receive a pass. It hit his heel and bounced right to a Bury player.

Suddenly, Grimes had the ball. I realized my hand was over my face and I was looking through my fingers. Our defending was becoming almost too frightening to watch. Grimes tapped a 4 yard pass to his partner in crime Rose and ran left and around Haz. Haz paid him no mind and Captain Andy let Rose nutmeg him with a pass into Grime's path.

View attachment 3716182-1

Grimes didn't miss.

I told Lovers to warm up and in the 68th minute sent him on for Simon Johnson. I wanted to switch to a 442 formation. Peps went out to left midfield with Mark and Gregs in the middle.

We pressed, but there were a lot of factors against us: the pitch; the weather; my two most creative midfielders on the bench. I just knew we weren't going to score. Knew it.

I checked my phone for the other scores. York were losing, too. Free-scoring Burton were drawing 0-0 at home. Cheltenham were leading one-nil over Walsall. Rotherham were winning one-nil over Scunthorpe.

6 point lead for the title and still a 9 point automatic promotion cushion.

Could be worse.

View attachment 371617View attachment 371616

AFC Wimbledon U18s v AFC Wimbledon Youth Candidates

View attachment 371429
It's a busy week. Saturday morning was the sign-up day for young boys who want to join the AFC Wimbledon youth system. The boys did some sprints, ran 3K, dribbled through cones, measured the stationary and running jump, etc. etc.

Sadly, we didn't have any outstanding talents show up. After watching them on Saturday and Sunday, I'm going to sign up a couple of the boys. Even the Youth Academy staff are underwhelmed by the lack of talent.

Here's the thing, if the kid is good enough, I'll probably bring him into the first team.

Nana Adams scored to poacher goals early. For the first, he found the gap between the central defenders, received the cross and had plenty of time to shoot. The second was he was at the right place at the right time.

"He's got good instincts," I said to the assembled Youth Staff after his second goal.

"He hasn't shown anything until now," said Dave Turner, Head of Youth Development.

"Yeah," agreed U18 Manager Mark Robinson. "Despite these two nicely taken goals, he hasn't got what it takes."

"Alright, I'll trust your judgment," I said. "I didn't notice him on Saturday or Sunday when I was watching.

Last edited:
League Two: Coventry City FC v. AFC Wimbledon

View attachment 371354Another huge match for us. They're all huge at this point. You probably already knew that.

With Barlaser (Turkey U19), Dummigan (N. Ireland U19) and Loveridge (Wales U21) away on international duty, I'm forced to play Brad Smith and Jack Midson. Leandro is more dangerous than Danny Boy right now and Danny would have been on the bench anyways.

"Today is huge because we can clinch a play-off spot," I said. "We need to accomplish each small goal before us in these final six matches."

"Additionally, your old boss would like to show that Erik was wrong to sack him," I continued. "But if you've checked the table, you'd know these Sky Blues are at the wrong end. According to Lil, their form is ****. So there's a lot riding on this match on a lot of levels so I want us to go out there and play our brand of attacking football."

We ripped the Sky Blues apart on our first foray into their half. Matteo Nole raced down the left, right past the right back and whipped in a cross. The ball arrived a smidge behind Michael Smith. So he trapped the ball right to Jack Midson who was running up a few yards back. Midson bulged the ol' onion bag a mere 1:10 into the match.

0-1

I had barely sat back down on the bench from celebrating and Nole was racing down the left again. A central defender lumbered over to no avail. Matteo whipped in a back post cross for an unmarked Michael Smith.

0-2

Only 3:15 into the match.

Neal Ardley stood there grinding his teeth with his hands shoved deep into his pants pockets.

Our rate of scoring slowed down a bit. There was a scrum of flailing legs near the left post after a corner. I couldn't exactly see what was going on but then the ball was in the back of the net and Kris Thackray was racing toward the corner flag. He punched the living **** out of the poor corner flag and was then mobbed by his teammates.

And that was it for the first half. Coventry started working harder and we took our foot off the gas pedal.

But we didn't take our foot off their neck. Leandro curled in a free kick at the hour mark to put four past Coventry keeper Carlo Nash.

Then as the fourth official was fiddling with his board to indicate how much extra time, Nole crossed the half line with the ball at his feet. He drew three defenders and zipped a pass into Smith. Smith turned and rolled a pass between the center back and left back for George Francomb to run onto.

View attachment 3713480-5

"HAAPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!" Everyone sang once we were in the locker room. It was Mark Tomlinson's 17th birthday. "YOU LOOK LIKE A **** HEAD AND YOU SMELL LIKE OLD SHOES!"

Captain Andy and Haz had been shaking sodas and sprayed Mark.

"That's just ****ing gross and sticky," Mark said wiping off the sticky spray. "I hate Fanta."

"But you'll like this," I said handing Mark an envelope. "Here's your first contract offer, Mark. Happy birthday from all of us. We wouldn't be here without you ****ing people up every week. Read it over and let's talk tomorrow about it."

"ANOTHER DAY, ANOTHER YELLOW CARD," the Wimbledon players chanted periodically as they showered, dressed and boarded the bus to head homeward.

We had 11 points for a cushion now, but Cheltenham didn't play today so while our lead increased over them, they have a game in hand.

View attachment 371347View attachment 371346

"This sucks and I already miss you," I said. "Hi, how are you."

I'd driven to a Metro stop, taken the Tube, made several transfers catching one of them just as the doors were closing. I was pretty sure nobody was following me. Furthermore, you recall that I have an app on my phone for hacking other people's phones. That's also good for notifying me if my phone got hacked.

"Stiff upper lift," Gwen said and gave me a peck on the cheek. "Good result up in Coventry, I see."

"Yep," I replied. "Cuffen-tray. I love how that gets pronounced."

I was relaxed enough and we were in Marylebone. We'd never gone to this area nor this restaurant before.

"I have good news," she said. "I have photo shoot in April. Won't be quite as large of a deal as France, but nearly as high profile."

"That's awesome," I replied.

We looked over our menus in silence for a moment.

"This all ends the second of May," I said. "Well, soon after. We have to do exit interviews for players were not keeping and end-of-season interviews with the ones who will be back. Then we can get the **** out of Dodge."

"Dodge?"

"That's Americanese," I said. "Leave town."

"Can we go to Italy?" Gwen asked.

"I don't see why not," I said. "I'll have a lot of work to do, but it will be erratic. I'll have a **** load of video to watch and a bunches of deals to make. I'd like to see some of the UK, too."

"I suppose we have lots of options as long as those options include cell service," she said. "It's only been, wait, it's been less than a week. Mum and Dad are getting on my every nerve and I miss you. You're right. This really sucks."

"Have you decided?" asked the waiter.

Monday, 30 March 2015 10AM or so

My phone jangled in my pocket. It was the Inspector in charge of my case.

"This is Enrico."

"Good morning. This is Inspector Jameson. We think we've identified the man who approached you and his associates."

"Oh?"

"I'm going to send you an image of the man we think approached you."

The mugshot resembled the man who approached me. He wasn't wearing the rastafarian hat and big gold chain.

"Looks like him," I said. "What's his name?"

"Ian Gairnsley. He's a minor figure in an organization we've been tracking that have been making inroads into the drug trade and sexual trafficking in greater Metropolitan London. We believe they are linked into the Camorra's drug pipeline and that's how they came into contact with your ex-wife's cousin."

"So they're bigtime, small fry or ...?"

"They're fairly decent sized and growing," Jameson replied. "They've probably bought your debt to curry favor with your former in-law. Think of it this way, they're doing enough business that giving Gianluca that money is, well, I wouldn't say pocket change but maybe more like a wedding present from what we know of the product they are moving and the prostitution rings they are running."

"So you are right to be wary," he continued. "They are a dangerous organization. Please contact me immediately if you have any interaction with them."

"Yes, sir. And thank you."

Monday, 30 March 2015 10AM or so

My phone jangled in my pocket. It was the Inspector in charge of my case.

"This is Enrico."

"Good morning. This is Inspector Jameson. We think we've identified the man who approached you and his associates."

"Oh?"

"I'm going to send you an image of the man we think approached you."

The mugshot resembled the man who approached me. He wasn't wearing the rastafarian hat and big gold chain.

"Looks like him," I said. "What's his name?"

"Ian Gairnsley. He's a minor figure in an organization we've been tracking that have been making inroads into the drug trade and sexual trafficking in greater Metropolitan London. We believe they are linked into the Camorra's drug pipeline and that's how they came into contact with your ex-wife's cousin."

"So they're bigtime, small fry or ...?"

"They're fairly decent sized and growing," Jameson replied. "They've probably bought your debt to curry favor with your former in-law. Think of it this way, they're doing enough business that giving Gianluca that money is, well, I wouldn't say pocket change but maybe more like a wedding present from what we know of the product they are moving and the prostitution rings they are running."

"So you are right to be wary," he continued. "They are a dangerous organization. Please contact me immediately if you have any interaction with them."

"Yes, sir. And thank you."

"Enrico, do you have a minute?" Chairman Erik Samuelson said.

"Sure, what's up?" I replied.

"I want you to be aware of all the player's contracts that are ending this summer," he said. He handed me two lists.

View attachment 371008
View attachment 371007

"I'm going to offer Loveridge a contract pretty soon," I said. "I haven't decided if I want to offer Brad Smith an extension. But we don't have any youth candidates who are good enough. Thanks for reminding me, though."

League Two: AFC Wimbledon v. Burton Albion FC

View attachment 610311Another full house at The Fan's Stadium - Kingsmeadow. The fans were pumped up. Even more than ever wanted autographs and selfies.

Another thing, remember how I talked **** about Gigg Lane and how bad it is? I really shouldn't talk. Kingsmeadow's pitch is in utterly terrible condition. 22 of 23 home matches plus all the friendlies and this pitch needs to be relaid.

If we win, we are automatically promoted. No pressure.

Yet again we got off to the dream start.

Nole rolled a pass into the path of the over-lapping Jim Fenlon. Fens whipped in a cross that was headed but not very clear nor very far. Leandro Depetris had time to control the ball, look up then look down to deliver a pass to Michael Smith who was posted up on the six yard box. He turned and smashed it home.

1-0

Leading inside of one minute again. 0:25 to be exact.

Leandro misplaced a pass in the 7th minute. They hoofed a long ball over the top for McGurk to chase. Captain Andy Frampton recovered and his slide tackle was perfectly timed. Now it was a race between Cameron Dummigan and Burton's left winger Jason Banton. Cam slid early and knocked the ball away. Banton relieved the pressure by fouling Cam.

In the 16th minute, Kris Thackray rose to meet a corner and thundered a header into the side netting.

In the 20th minute, they chopped down Leandro about 40 yards out. As everyone lined up for George Francomb's long ball into the box, I noticed that everyone was in the left half of the box. Smith was standing in the middle which was the right edge of where everyone was queuing up. George played a grass burner into the space for Michael to run onto.

The angle wasn't great and he shot it right at the keeper, but he hit it high. It was an absolutely sledge hammer of a shot. The keeper got both hands on it but couldn't keep it out.

2-0

In the 31st minute, Cam took a throw deep in the right hand corner. He heaved it into the box for Smith. Instead of flicking it into the danger area, Michael cushioned it down for George. George delivered a cross right onto the forehead of Fens.

3-0

A Jim Fenlon goal is a real rarity. We were cruising.

Then we took the foot off the gas and our foot off of Burton's neck.

Suddenly, they had us pinned in our end. Captain Andy made a perfectly timed sliding tackle to save a goal. Daniel Lincoln was finally called upon to make a save. They hit the side netting twice.

It was a simple through ball up the middle. Striker Adam McGurk is quicker than Andy and Thacks wasn't nearby to help. McGurk curled a shot into the corner and seconds before the break, the Brewers were back in it.

3-1

"Good half, guys," I said to begin my halftime team talk. "At least the first thirty minutes. We need to stay calm and continue to work as hard as we did in first thirty. We talked about it all week, be prepared for the long balls. Don't get caught again."

I pulled off James Loveridge and put Danny Barlaser on. Barlaser went into the middle of a 451 with Leandro. I wanted to bottle up the midfield and prevent any through passes. I think we're capable of dealing with long balls over the top.

But Burton kept up the pressure. We were hoofing balls out and rarely broke out of our end. Then in a five minute span, we were completely undone.

Halftime substitute Rene Howe received a pass, beat Captain Andy on the dribble and smashed a shot past Lincoln. Then our brave Captain was left holding his head in his hands in the worst way.

Thacks had the ball and was under pressure. So he turned and played a pass back to Andy. The ball hopped up at the last instant, bounced off his shins and then it was a race between Andy and Rene Howe for the ball. Howe got there first, tapped the ball past Andy and blasted the ball into the back of the net.

View attachment 3707543-3

Screw it. Burton was dominating us badly. If we were going to lose, we were going to go down fighting. I pulled off Nole, he was exhausted. I put on Jack Midson, Leandro moved out onto the left and we switched to a 442.\

This did the trick. We started working harder, passing the ball better.

Thankfully, Burton were done scoring. This is the worst kind of match for a manager. I had to sweat several good chances by Burton, but they were wasteful. Michael Smith wasted his own gilt-edged chance. I can't blame Andy for the last goal. The pitch is in horrible shape. It just sucks that it cost us a goal.

We weren't the only ones who had a bad day at the office. Cheltenham got spanked 3-0. Rotherham won yet again. So our lead at the top increased to 7 points with 4 to play.

Our automatic promotion cushion is 11 with 4 to play. We needed a single point in any manner.

Now we have to move on. We have a match on Monday. What the **** were the schedulers thinking?

View attachment 370749View attachment 370748

This story just keeps getting better and better....Fantastic writing, so enjoyable!!

Enrico, I stopped reading a while ago (nothing to do with the story, I just stopped) and I've just popped back in to the stories older and seen you're still going string! This'll be the 757th post! Great work!!!

This story just keeps getting better and better....Fantastic writing, so enjoyable!!

Thank you so much. I'm really enjoying writing this.

Enrico, I stopped reading a while ago (nothing to do with the story, I just stopped) and I've just popped back in to the stories older and seen you're still going string! This'll be the 757th post! Great work!!!

Thanks!

****, I have a LOT to catch up on!

Where did you leave off?

League Two: AFC Wimbledon v. Oldham Athletic FC

I wanted to rest some players but the League Two title is still on the line. I don't know about my players, but I didn't sleep much on Saturday or Sunday. Sure hope they did.

I can't really call what we did on Sunday training. We watched the video, did a long stretching session and a slow jog before working on some tactical stuff I'd seen in the video.

I switched keepers. The loss wasn't ... I mean the draw that sure felt like a loss on Saturday wasn't Chris Dunn's fault but I felt like going with Daniel Lincoln. Jim Fenlon looked more tired and had more bumps and bruises than Brad Smith or Cameron Dummigan so Cam goes in at right back, Brad at left.

Simon Johnson starts at left mid because there's nobody else. Leandro Depetris has got sore shins, right knee and his back is tight. That leaves Daniel Barlaser as the next available central playmaker resulting in George Frampton playing as the right mid. Mark Tomlinson spent more time in the ice bath or wrapped in ice packs on Saturday, Sunday and Monday than anyone else. But he insisted he was ready to go.

Up front, I'm going with Michael Smith and James Loveridge regardless of how exhausted they look.

Oldham are safe and we are tired. So it was a rather lethargic start by us. They hoofed a ball over the top and Lincoln made a brilliant save on Oldham's lone striker Adam Rooney to keep the score nil-nil. Only ten seconds in and we look vulnerable defensively.

Oldham keeper Kelvin Davis tipped a Loveridge shot round the post in the 3rd minute.

In the 14th minute, everyone forgot how to mark, talk with one another and defend. After nearly thirty seconds of Keystone Kops style defending inside our box, Lincoln made another stunning save on Rooney.

We got completely lucky in the 21st minute. Simon got chopped down about 45 or 50 yards from goal near the sideline. George Frampton whipped in a near post long ball. The only player there was right fullback James Weir. The sun wasn't in his eyes, the wind wasn't blowing, but maybe he closed his eyes. His header skipped off his shoulder and into the Oldham net.

1-0

We'll take it.

That woke us up and started attacking them in waves. In the 31st minute, Cam whipped in a near post cross that Michael Smith volleyed. Oldham keeper Davis and stepped up and spread himself well and blocked the shot for a corner.

Cam was at the near post and could have scored from the resulting corner except that he didn't even flinch as the ball whistled past him.

Seconds later Oldham left winger Salim Kerkar is running at Cam with the ball. Cam stepped up and nicks it away from him. The problem is the ball came to an David Mellor who fed Rooney who played a ball behind Cam for Kerkar. Cam recovered but Kerkar rode his tackle then curled a shot into the far corner.

1-1

I exhorted them to play compact defense and keep the ball. I urged them to keep the ball because when we have it, Oldham can't attack us and we won't get so tired out. I told them to win one for the fans who've shown up in miserable weather and pleasant weather with a win that will gain us promotion.

I might as well have given my talk in Spanish for what good it did. Oldham pinned us back and kept prodding and poking. They finally got their reward in the 52nd minute when David Mellor curled in a bee-yoot of a free kick. While it was a finely curled free kick, one of our shortest players, George Francomb was at the end of the wall. It's easier to get a ball over 5'7" George and under a 8' bar than say over 6'4" Michael Smith who was standing next to him.

1-2

Cam and Danny Boy were spent plus I wanted to energize the team, so I got Brad Smith and Leandro warming up and on the pitch as soon as I could.

This helped. We started keeping the ball better and threatening the Oldham net.

In the 63rd, Brad whipped in a hard cross and Michael Smith flicked it toward the far post. It deflected off a defender, hit the post and bounced right into their keeper's arms.

Michael was now limping. He must have landed funny or could no longer disguise a knock he'd taken. Jack Midson replaced him soon after his flick header.

In the 73rd minute, we worked the ball up our left flank into the Oldham half. Leandro lasered a pass up to Lovers. Lovers flicked it out Brad who played into the box for Lovers to run onto. Lovers saw Midson's near post run and chipped a little 10 yard pass for Jack to head. Another great save by Davis.

In the 78th minute, George delivered a free kick to Midson who broke free of his marker and volleyed in. He looked offside and the ref blew his whistle when he saw the linesman flag up.

****, what will it take for us to score?

Then in the 87th minute, Simon intercepted a pass at the left where the sideline meets the center line. He, Leandro and Lovers worked the ball up to the edge of the box. Lovers decided to play the safe pass back to Fens. Fens saw Midson on the blindside of his defender and whipped in a cross toward the penalty spot.

Midson carefully connected on a side-foot volley into the open half of the net.

2-2

Midson ran to the corner flag kissing his badge. The crowd went nuts. I was swarmed by a mob of players and coaches.

4th place Burton Albion were tied 2-2 at Bury. We'd be 10 points up with 3 to play.

The fans started chanting SIX IN TEN, WE'RE GOING UP! SIX IN TEN, CAN'T STOP US NOW!

I could tell there was going to be a pitch invasion. Everyone was crowded at the bottom, pitch-side edge of all the stands.

We quickly won the ball back from Oldham and started knocking the ball around.

The 90 minute mark passed. Three minutes of extra time.

91 minutes roll by.

I looked up at the clock. 91:45. Then Lovers stepped on the ball. Oldham midfielder Jason Talbot was on him like a flash and took the ball off him. Leandro came flying in with a tackle, but Talbot but won that one, too.

Then I saw the gap between our center backs with replacement striker Devante Cole standing in it.

Talbot zipped a pass into the chasm of space for Cole to run onto. The crowd went silent.

****!

****!

Cole snuck a shot underneath Lincoln.

2-3

Kingsmeadow was silent except for a couple dozen Oldham supporters cheering in their corner. Promotion would have to wait until next week.

We couldn't get our **** together and get the ball over the half line into the Oldham half.

Then the ref's three blasts echoed through the silent stadium.

But all of a sudden a cheer went up in the wrong part of the stadium. Amongst the Wombles.

All of a sudden my Assistant Manager Sean Hankin apparently lost his mind and was jumping up and down in front of me and screaming. He was waving his phone at me. Goalkeeper Coach Paul Rachhubka grabbed it away from him and looked at it. Then he held it in my face.

Like a detonation fuse passing through the crowd, everyone started cheering. I grabbed Rachubka's wrist so I could see the phone.

View attachment 369884
View attachment 369883I noticed that the stands were empty and everyone was on the pitch. We joined in the celebration.

"WE'RE GOING UP! WE'RE GOING UP! WE'RE GOING UP!

The players on the bench and we coaches all stuck close together as we danced and sang with the fans many of whom own stock in the club.

There wasn't any way to leave the pitch for a while. Attendance was close to 4,000 and they were all dancing, singing and chanting on the pitch.

Suddenly, I was face to face with Gwen. We hugged, she gave me a smooch then she, her Dad, her brother and the brother's friend were all dancing with the fans.

What a roller coaster of a match.

View attachment 369882
View attachment 369881
View attachment 369880

Back