this challenge is going to be easy with this tactic ;)

December 2013

Xerez 4-0 At.Madrid
(Falcao 3, Mandzukic)
(*Mendes sent off)
Falcao haunted his old side and even going down to 10 men couldn't prevent him from claiming a hattrick.
View attachment 269485

Mallorca 1-4 Xerez
(Falcao 2, Rubio, Jorda)
(*Honda sent off)
Another red card, this time early in the game at 0-0. It mattered little as we still cruised home.
View attachment 269486

Athletic 1-5 Xerez
(Baptista, Falcao 2, Rubio 2)
Kept all eleven players on the field and won comfortably.
View attachment 269488

Dinamo Kiev 2-5 Xerez (Champions Cup Grp F)
(Mandzukic 2, Baptista, Rubio, Falcao)
Cruising 2-0 at half time Kiev came at us hard in the second half, we managed to keep their dominance down to just 2 goals while catching them out on the break to make the scoreline look comfortable.
View attachment 269489

Xerez 6-0 Almeria
(Falcao 5(1p), Mandzukic)
A Falcao inspired crushing of Almeria - all six goals scored while 11v11.
View attachment 269490

Villarreal 2-3 Xerez
(Rubio, Falcao, Jorda)
We shaded a surprisingly tough encounter with Villarreal.
View attachment 269491

We have a 14 point lead as the league heads for its winter break.
View attachment 269492

Player of the Month:

Falcao

14 goals in 6 games...
View attachment 269493

this challenge is going to be easy with this tactic ;)
haha looks that way - getting the job offers i want will be difficult though, will spend a lot of time unemployed i think

January 2014

At.Madrid 1-3 Xerez (Spanish Cup 5th Rnd first leg)
(Falcao 3)
A convincing away win in the first leg sets us up nicely for the home leg.
View attachment 269683

Xerez ( 6 )3-0( 1 ) At.Madrid (Spanish Cup 5th Rnd second leg)
(Falcao 3)
With the league on its winter break the Atletico return leg was the very next fixture. Similar outcome to the first game with Falcao haunting his former club.
View attachment 269684

Xerez 3-0 Sevilla
(Falcao 3)
League action returned after a three week break with a comfortable win over Sevilla. Falcao claiming a hattrick of hattricks at the turn of the year.
View attachment 269685

Xerez 3-0 Malaga (Spanish Cup Qtr Final first leg)
(Rubio, Falcao, Insaurralde)
Juan Manuel Insaurralde scored his first Xerez goal with this thunderbolt!! We have a nice cushion going into the second leg. It was pleasing to see other players get on the scoresheet.
View attachment 269686

Malaga 0-3 Xerez
(Balotelli 2(1p), Falcao)
(*Insaurralde sent off)
The second game in a Malaga three game header was a league fixture. Similar result with the highlight being Mario Balotelli's first Xerez goal. His second was a penalty and he later blew the chance for a hattrick by missing another spot kick. Insaurralde followed up his screamer from the previous game with a red card in this.
View attachment 269687

Malaga( 0 ) 0-3 ( 6 )Xerez (Spanish Cup Qtr Final second leg)

(Falcao 3)
That man was at it again as Malaga were seen off again with another 3-0 victory. Through to the semis.
View attachment 269688

Getafe 1-4 Xerez
(Falcao 3, Balotelli)
Getting fed up of playing Malaga it was nice to play a different team, Getafe were seen off by Falcao and Balotelli.
View attachment 269689

Valencia 1-5 Xerez (spanish Cup Semi Final first leg)
(Falcao 4, Mandzukic)
Our biggest win of the season came away at Valencia - a place where we have previously struggled. Falcao was everywhere and seemingly bored of scoring just three in a game. Mandzukic scored his first goal since 15th of December.
View attachment 269692

January has to be my least favourite month, i'm not a huge fan of the Spanish cup and nearly every game during January is a cup game. A successful month with a glut of goals from Falcao.
View attachment 269694

Player of the Month:
Juan Manuel Insaurralde

For that goal...
View attachment 269701

Transfer Centre: January 2014

Another busy month. I know i don't need to sign any players but i would like Xerez to remain a force in Spanish football after i leave at the end of the season - it bothers me that a computer controlled manager will dismantle a great side.

Transfers out:

David Mateos
Samir Handanovic
Nicolas Pallois
Mikel Rico
Coutinho

Five players left the club in January. David Mateos wasn't getting games so moved to Almeria for 4.1m. Nicolas Pallois asked for his contract to be terminated after no interest from other clubs. Samir Handanovic left for Shakhtar, an offer i couldnt refuse at 12.5m. Mikel Rico had fallen down the pecking order in recent times with Tiago Gomes, Walter Montillo and Keisuke Honda keeping out of the MC berth beside Baptista and Mehmet Topal and Gelson Fernandes keeping jim out of the DM position, so he was sold to Serie A side Reggina for 2.8m. Coutinho's loan was cancelled after new midfielders were signed.

Transfers In:

Seven players joined while another four signed up for the summer.

Mario Balotelli
Desperate to leave City, Mourinho had him transfer listed for 5m. A risk? Of course he is and i know that, but he will get enough games under me to keep him happy, i hope.
View attachment 269712

Diego Zambrano
I found this guy two years ago when we were in liga adelande, my scout liked him a lot at the time and for 5k he was worth a punt. Had to wait until he turned 18 to get him here. I'm not so sure he will make the grade, for now he will be on B team duty.
View attachment 269713

Alberto Peralta
Recommended by one of my scouts i took a punt, will be more for the future of course but i may give him a sniff of first team football.
View attachment 269714

Borja
A decent prospect, young Spanish striker Borja looks like he could be a good player in a couple of years.
View attachment 269715

Anderson
Unhappy at not being played at United, Fergie was offering him out to anybody who would take him. So i did.
View attachment 269717

Inigo Martinez
Good things come to those who wait. Martinez has been a transfer target since i started the save, i have had him scouted during every transfer window and to be surprise the most recent scout report suggested he could be available to sign for around 4-5m - at the start of the game they were saying 20m+!!
View attachment 269718

Bakary Diallo
Very raw at the moment, highly rated by my scouts. Competition for places is fierce up front so he may struggle to make it at Xerez.
View attachment 269719

Rafinha
Signed on an end of contract deal. A quality experienced right back will surely be a plus when he joins.
View attachment 269720

Mathieu Flamini
The former Arsenal man will be joining in the summer - he may not be first choice but his versatility may be very useful as he can play DR and DL if needed.
View attachment 269727

Billel Omrani
Young striker Omrani looks an absolute beast, physically he's a monster and he other stats look promising too, could be a great signing.
View attachment 269728

Yucel Kilic
I approached to sign this guy when he was 16, he will join in the summer when he will be 18. He looks a good player already despite his tender age, could be a world class fullback in years to come.
View attachment 269729

February 2014

Xerez 4-0 Deportivo
(Balotelli (p), Falcao 3)
Bottom of the table Deportivo never looked like halting our run. Balotelli scored again, four goals already, certainly started well - long may it continue.
View attachment 269990

Xerez ( 9 ) 4-0 ( 1 ) Valencia (Spanish Cup Semi Final second leg)
(Falcao 3, Baptista)
We eased into the Spanish Cup final with this comprehensive win over Valencia. Its getting to the point where i'm almost disappointed when Falcao doesn't get a hattrick, his form is insane.
View attachment 269995

Barcelona 1-2 Xerez
(Valdes og, Falcao)
We went a goal down early on and were completely outplayed in the first half, 11 shots to 1 in their favour, it was a miracle it was just 1-0. Fired the boys up for the second half and restricted them to just 1 second half shot to our 7 as we imposed ourselves on them. Valdes deflected in a cross to give us momentum and finally our pressure told as that man Falcao popped up with the winner. Our first win at the Nou Camp.
View attachment 269996

Xerez 3-1 R.Madrid
(Baptista, Rubio, Falcao)
Real having a poor season by their standards, lying in 5th when this game was played. They offered little and we looked to add to our first half opener but it was Real who scored an equalizer. This seem to spur us into life, scoring twice in the ten minutes following the equalizer.
View attachment 269998

Shakhtar 0-6 Xerez (Champions Cup 1st Rnd first leg)
(Falcao 5, Honda)
Wow, this was never a 6-0 performance. Falcao must've been annoyed at just getting 1 a game against Real and Barca cos he was everywhere.
View attachment 270001

R.Sociedad 1-3 Xerez
(Falcao 3)
Falcao's first half hattrick was enough to settle this game.
View attachment 270002

Another fantastic month, made it to the cup final. All but through to the next round of Champions cup and kept up 100% record in the league with a historic win at the nou camp.
View attachment 270003

Player of the Month:
Falcao

Regardless of all the other goals he has scored, he would still be player of the month had he only scored the Barca winner.
View attachment 270004

March 2014

Xerez 6-0 Valencia
(Falcao 6)
(*Mandzukic sent off)
(*Balotelli sent off)
If we were ever to be labelled a one man team then it was today. Regardless of how many players we had on th pitch Falcao just kept on scoring. 1-0 when we went down to 10 and 4-0 when we went down to 9. Balotelli's red card is probably the most ridiculous thing i've seen, whatta fool - i wish i knew how to upload red card highlights to show you.
View attachment 270006

Xerez 7-0 Racing
(Falcao 7)
Unbelievable, on the back of scoring 6 against Valencia Falcao scored all 7 against Racing today to set a new Liga BBVA and Xerez scoring record for a single game.
View attachment 270007

Xerez ( 12 ) 6-0 ( 0 ) Shakhtar (Champions Cup 1st Rnd second leg)
(Falcao 5, Rubio)
Just the five goals for Falcao this time, giving him 18 in three games!!! Insane.
View attachment 270008

Osasuna 0-4 Xerez
(Falcao 3, Gonzalez Gonzalez)
A much tighter game than the scoreline suggests.
View attachment 270009

Xerez 5-0 Mallorca
(Falcao 4, Velez)
Velez's first goal of the season added the gloss to another virtuoso Falcao performance.
View attachment 270010

Zaragoza 1-5 Xerez
(Falcao 5)
Falcao cannot stop scoring, Zaragoza the latest victims. This victory sealed the league title in record time.
View attachment 270011

Well it was possible to label us a one man team before this month and i might not have agreed but there is no doubt Falcao is carrying us with his insane goal count. We have won the league with 9 games to go!
View attachment 270012

Player of the Month:
Falcao
30 goals in 6 games. Yes, THIRTY goals in SIX games!!!
View attachment 270013

April 2014

Xerez 5-0 Inter Milan (Champions Cup Qtr Final first leg)
(Falcao 4, Baptista)
Inter's manager Guardiola was giving me some stick pre-game so i'm glad we thrashed them.
View attachment 270017

Sporting 1-4 Xerez
(Givaldo, Falcao 3)
(*Tomakh sent off)
We were trailing for a long time before Givaldo's first goal of the season got us back in the game, minutes later we were down to ten. As Sporting pushed for a winner we caught them on the break, Falcao afforded space punished them with a late hattrick.
View attachment 270024

Inter Milan ( 1 ) 1-4 ( 9 ) Xerez (Champions Cup Qtr Final second leg)
(Montillo, Falcao 2, Rubio)
Clinical finishing was the order of the day as we won a tight game to seal passage to the semi final, where we will meet French side Marseille. Montillo's first goal for Xerez.
View attachment 270025

At.Madrid 0-2 Xerez
(Falcao 2)
The scene of our worst league performance last season, we had things our own way this time with a very comfortable 2-0 win.
View attachment 270029

Xerez 5-2 Athletic
(Falcao 5(1p))
Despite being outplayed for the entire game, Athletic equalized twice. That Colombian fella made it safe all on his own again.
View attachment 270030

Almeria 0-3 Xerez
(Rubio, Falcao 2)
A comfortable away win with a different player on the scoresheet.
View attachment 270031

Marseille 0-5 Xerez (Champions Cup Semi Final first leg)

(Falcao 4, Rubio)
Similar to the away game at Shakhtar where a tight game was won with a huge scoreline thanks to one man's brilliance.
View attachment 270032
Xerez 2-0 Villarreal
(Baptista, Falcao)
The team looked a bit complacent in this fixture but still scored the goals to seal the win.
View attachment 270034

Xerez ( 9 ) 4-1 ( 1 ) Marseille (Champions Cup Semi Final second leg)
(Pandiani, Falcao 3)
OM had Azpilicueta sent off after 10 mins, finishing the tie as a contest there and then. Pandiani(remember him?) scored his first champions cup goal for Xerez to set us on the way to the final.
View attachment 270043

April was all about convincing wins in the champions cup, making the final and keeping up our 100% league record.
View attachment 270045

Player of the Month:
Diego Rubio

Rubio's assists are vital for us and he scored three times in April too.
View attachment 270048

May 2014

Sevilla 0-2 Xerez
(Falcao 2)
Many players were rested ahead of the Cup final. A tough game was made easier when Kanoute got sent off for the home side.
View attachment 270053

Xerez 8-1 R.Sociedad (Spanish Cup Final)
(Falcao 5, Baptista, Rubio, Mandzukic)
As one sided a final as your likely to see, this game was over before half time with a 6-0 at the break. Mandzukic scored his first goal in over 20 hours, just his second in 6 months.
View attachment 270054

Xerez 7-0 Espanyol
(Falcao 5, Mandzukic, Jorda)
Mandy scored again and it was nice to see Rafa Jorda on the scoresheet too.
View attachment 270055

Xerez 5-0 Granada
(Falcao 3, Mandzukic 2)
Mandzukic is positively on fire, 4 in three games! Although, still outshone by that Colombian.
View attachment 270056

Xerez 6-2 Malaga
(Falcao 3, Valero og, Baptista, Pandiani)
Sentiment came over me for my last league game as Xerez boss, fearing the new manager will not play Pandiani, i gave him a rare start in front of the home fans. How fitting it was when he popped up in the 89th minute to score our final home goal of the Mtanna Xerez era.
View attachment 270057

Lyon 1-3 Xerez (Champions Cup Final)
(Falcao, Pandiani, Baptista)
Well this game summed up my Xerez reign - Falcao scoring again, Pandiani, the man who started it all, scored and serial free kick scorer Baptista added another to his list on the grandest stage. European Champions!
View attachment 270065

The perfect season complete, my time at Xerez has come to a happy ending. Nothing more can be achieved here and X has well and truly been knocked off the list - just 25 more letters to go in 25 different countries.
View attachment 270066

Player of the Month:
Walter Pandiani

Belied his age with his end of season cameo, will be forever loved by Xerez fans.
View attachment 270067

Player of the Season:
Falcao

No surprises here: Game: 62 - Goals: 179 - assists: 16 - MoM: 51
View attachment 270073

poor Spanish teams have no idea what has hit them

Parting Gift to Xerez

Transfer News:

Eden Hazard
Shortly before out final league game of the season, Lille offered out Eden Hazard for 18m to a whole host of clubs. I had to negotiate with the board for them to do the deal - they agreed he would be a valuable asset to the team and oversaw the signing themselves, they proved good negotiators as he chose Xerex over a number of Europe's top clubs. Obviously the board have no idea i will exit at the end of the season but i will leave a fantastic team behind for some lucky guy.
View attachment 270077View attachment 270078

Xerez: Class of 2014

These are the guys who made it possible, every player listed here played a part in our success no matter how large or small:

Goalkeepers:
David Ospina
Diego Lopez
View attachment 270085View attachment 270086

Fullbacks:
Americo Mendes
Emiliano Insua
Eiji Nishizawa
Kyrylo Tomakh
View attachment 270087View attachment 270088View attachment 270089View attachment 270090

Centrebacks:
Juan Manuel Insaurralde
Jonathan Bottinelli
Rodolfo Rojas
Givaldo
View attachment 270091View attachment 270092View attachment 270093View attachment 270094

Defensive Midfielders:
Mehmet Topal
Gelson Fenandes
Inigo Martinez
Mikel Rico (sold in January)
View attachment 270096View attachment 270097View attachment 270098View attachment 270099

Midfielders:
Joao Baptista
Anderson
Keisuke Honda
Walter Montillo
Tiago Gomes
Alex
Coutinho (loan cancelled in January)
View attachment 270102View attachment 270103View attachment 270104View attachment 270105View attachment 270106View attachment 270107View attachment 270108

Strikers:
Falcao
Diego Rubio
Mario Mandzukic
Mario Balotelli
Inigo Velez
Rafa Jorda
Walter Pandiani
Gonzalo Gonzalez Gonzalez
View attachment 270109View attachment 270110View attachment 270111View attachment 270112View attachment 270113View attachment 270114View attachment 270115View attachment 270116

Life after Xerez

On the first of June i resigned from my post as Xerez manager with immediate effect and set off on a much deserved holiday after a whirlwind three years.
I left my PA instructions to apply for ANY available jobs that may come up and to inform me of any concrete offers from clubs.

On the same day i resigned from Xerez, Alex Ferguson announced his retirement from football - leaving a vacancy at my favoured club Manchester United. Thankfully United weren't interested in my services. I say thankfully because if i take the United job i wont leave for other clubs and wont do the alphabet challenge - the United job should be the final piece of the alphabet jigsaw with the letter M.

The first club to offer me a job was Premier division side West Brom, this was declined, the only English job i will take is United in the future. Next up was Blackpool, also in the Premier division, again declined.
I recieved a third job offer in as many days with Spanish BBVA side Levante wanting me - having won the league in Spain already, this too was declined.

After the mini flurry of job offers it was time to play the waiting game - on the 25th of July, over a month since my last offer, Dortmund offered me the position as manager. I had a little think about it - i was hoping to manage either Werder Bremen or Wolfsburg in Germany to get the tricky W out of the way - i looked at their squad, still have Hummels, Gotze, Subotic, Reus, Kagawa, Lewandowski, i looked at their recent league form: 1st - 2nd -2nd finishing runners up to Leverkusen in the season just past by just three goals, level on points. They also offered me a 20m transfer kitty...

I took the Job...​

Mtanna takes over at Dortmund

View attachment 270152View attachment 270153

I barely have time to settle in or impose my ideas on the team with our first game scheduled for tomorrow, the German Super Cup against league champions Leverkusen.
View attachment 270154

As i take over my first job is to appoint an assistant manager as we don't have one.
After advertising the job, the post was filled by Leo Haas:
View attachment 270155
Not the best but i only need him to take the press conferences.

Initially not having an assistant, i looked at transfer listed players only and to my surprise Hulk was top of the list, available for 21m - i made a bid, using up my entire budget and a fraction more. I justified this in my mind telling myself i had inherited a squad good enough to challenge for the title and therefore could blow my budget on one world class player...
View attachment 270156

good luck with your new job will defo follow are you going to use hazz 433

Dortmund Summer Transfer 2014

Meet the new guys:

Hulk

Nah, not really - he chose Lyon
:'(
View attachment 270157

Walter Montillo
Had Montillo at Xerez last season on loan and and he never let me down. Still surplus to requirements at City, re-signing him was a no-brainer.
View attachment 270160

Isaac Vorsah
He may not be a world beater but for that price he's a bargain and offers good cover.
View attachment 270161

Alan Senior
Alan Senior is a Liverpool junior with a big future ahead of him, loaned for the season he will provide cover.
View attachment 270162

Joe Woodward
Another young loanee, this time from United. The boy looks quality and will be giving him a fair crack of the whip.
View attachment 270163

David Reynoso
I like the look of this little mexican, primarily a left back can also play on the right, good squad player.
View attachment 270164

Rafa Jorda
Rafa Jorda joins me at Dortmund after being told he wont play for new Xerez manager Unai Emery.
View attachment 270169

Steven Fletcher
A good reliable goalscorer, i dont expect great things but he gives me another option.
View attachment 270170

Jose Malavolta
Excited about this one, wasn't unhappy at Parma so no idea why he was relatively cheap.
View attachment 270175

Sergio Romero
Pleased with this signing, our keepers aren't the strongest. Romero will likely be number 2 to another new signing.
View attachment 270252

Federico Santander

The young Paraguayan international bolsters our attack nicely.
View attachment 270253

Ron-Robert Zieler
Zieler is the reason why Romero will not be number one. A fantastic signing for us.
View attachment 270254

Olivier Giroud
The giant French striker look likely to be the focal point of our attack this season.
View attachment 270256

Son Hueng-Min
Exciting and pacey young forward, helps bring in revenue as well as goals.
View attachment 270267

John Obi Mikel
Transfer listed and unloved at Chelsea, worth a punt.
View attachment 270280

Ricardo Rodriguez
What a difference two years makes, he wouldn't sign for me for love nor money back then. Finally got my man.
View attachment 270291

Marvin Martin
Amazingly Martin chose us over Real Madrid. He adds creativity to our team, likely to be backup to Gotze.
View attachment 270300

Givaldo
We took advantage of the boy's buy out clause, nice to have him on a permanent deal after his success on loan at Xerez.

Simon Kjaer
A late decision to recruit Kjaer saw a frantic deadline day of negotiations.

****** **** that's a lot of transfers and a lot of money in and out :p