The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
If RBS take over, Hicks and Gillette could take them to court over it, and although RBS would surely win, they could hang on longer.

Two dates mentioned for a while, Oct 15 and 6th's

Samuel L Jackson and Mike Myers are ready to fight hicks!!!
Hollywood director involved in anti Hicks & Gillett movie, filming on Hope Street this weekend

Huge UK Casting Director Dan Hubbard (King Kong, The Damned United, The Bourne Ultimatum etc), is a massive Liverpool FC fan. This weekend he is coming up to Liverpool with Hollywood Producer & Director Mike Jefferies and together they are producing a viral to start a campaign against Tom Hicks and George Gillett. They want them out, nothing to do with them being Americans just, as fans, they will not ever accept the club they love being touted as a product like a soft drink.

They are looking for celebrities and influential Liverpool fans to be involved in the viral.

We have lots of people going along already but wondered if was something you’d be interested in?
You would only be needed for 5 minutes. Either Saturday 10am-6pm or Sunday from 9am – Noon at Hope Street Hotel in town.

Also, Kirdi's out

The pressure on Liverpool's owners to find a buyer before an October 15 deadline has increased after one potential buyer claimed there was no "logic" in their high asking price.
Canada-based Syrian investor Yahya Kirdi said the group he is representing has shelved plans to buy the club.
Owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett need to find a buyer before October 15 to repay their £282million loans to the Royal Bank of Scotland and Wachovia. If they are unsuccessful then RBS are poised to take control of Liverpool, the asset against which the loans are secured, and sell the club themselves to recoup their cash.
Hicks and Gillett initially sought an asking price of around £800million for Liverpool, a figure that they subsequently dropped to £600million, but that has been too much for Kirdi.
Kirdi told Bloomberg: "Right now is not the time for me and my group to enter into any negotiations.
"Once everyone is united and there's logic in the price and the overall deal, me and my group will be prepared to return to the table."
There had been some doubts over whether Kirdi was a serious contender to buy Liverpool because he refused to name his backers and is a friend of Gillett's son Foster.
But he added: "I'm a serious man. I'm not playing but my group said they didn't want to go public because we haven't done the deal."
Liverpool are in desperate need of stability off the pitch after a terrible start to the season on it - they are currently in the bottom three of the Premier League after their worst league start for more than half a century.

i will be going down to town this weekend anything to get those two yanks out of the club

its being reported on bbc now
Dan Roan (Former ssn reporter and now Sports Correspondent for BBC News) Tweet:

Breaking: Hearing 2 new bids for LFC - one from Asia the other US - board held meeting today - H&G understood to be trying to oppose 2 minutes ago via web

its being reported on bbc now
Dan Roan (Former ssn reporter and now Sports Correspondent for BBC News) Tweet:

Breaking: Hearing 2 new bids for LFC - one from Asia the other US - board held meeting today - H&G understood to be trying to oppose 2 minutes ago via web

Well they're not going to go out peacefully like humane people. Personally, I think someone should **** slap them (H)
If they manage to squeeze on much longer, I really imagine someone would do some harm to them or their families.

one is apparently the owner of the red sox? is this true and would it be good or bad?

also, i thought the whole point of having Broughton in was so that if H&G opposed, a deal could go through?

one is apparently the owner of the red sox? is this true and would it be good or bad?

also, i thought the whole point of having Broughton in was so that if H&G opposed, a deal could go through?

:O u being serious? You could say bad in the sense that he probably knows little of football but good in the sense that the Red Sox are huge spenders in baseball and this guy should have money to burn for Liverpool.

Sky news sources are saying the the amercian bid is the owner of boston red sox
we dont need anymore yanks owning the club

I really wouldn't be fond of another American owner. But, two ***** shouldn't turn you away from them.

Sky news sources are saying the the amercian bid is the owner of boston red sox
we dont need anymore yanks owning the club

An example of how rich the guy is that the Red Sox signed a pitcher last season and gave him a 5 year contract worth $82.5M (£52M)

:O u being serious? You could say bad in the sense that he probably knows little of football but good in the sense that the Red Sox are huge spenders in baseball and this guy should have money to burn for Liverpool.

John William Henry II (born September 13, 1949) is a futures and foreign exchange trading advisor who founded John W. Henry & Company (JWH). He is the principal owner of the Boston Red Sox and co-owner of Roush Fenway Racing. In March 2006, Boston Magazine estimated his net worth at $860 million, but noted that his company had recently experienced difficulties.[1] In May 2007, reports in the Wall Street Journal[2] and Bloomberg noted further difficulties with the firm.

Aye, he is rich but not that rich. £400 Million a new stadium, £350 Million on debt, £100 Million on players and that's him done for. Would like to know more about the Asian proposal..

John William Henry II (born September 13, 1949) is a futures and foreign exchange trading advisor who founded John W. Henry & Company (JWH). He is the principal owner of the Boston Red Sox and co-owner of Roush Fenway Racing. In March 2006, Boston Magazine estimated his net worth at $860 million, but noted that his company had recently experienced difficulties.[1] In May 2007, reports in the Wall Street Journal[2] and Bloomberg noted further difficulties with the firm.

Aye, he is rich but not that rich. £400 Million a new stadium, £350 Million on debt, £100 Million on players and that's him done for. Would like to know more about the Asian proposal..
is that similar money to lerner? and remember he wasnt releasing funds for a more stable Villa

i hope someone buys them.

Every fan and even many anti-fans (word?) want that to happen :)

Well they're not going to go out peacefully like humane people. Personally, I think someone should **** slap them (H)
If they manage to squeeze on much longer, I really imagine someone would do some harm to them or their families.

Remember Andrés Escobar Saldarriaga?I hope no one is crazy enough to do that? Are there substantial bets being made in England regarding the takeover?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrés_Escobar

Wheres Zeb when ya need the inside scoop???

Lord Sugar is commenting on Liverpools situation...Why?!

Why shouldn't he? Anyone can comment on it if they wish, he has experience in the area so nothing wrong with him doing that.

And he said City and Chelsea are/have bought the league :wub:

BREAKING NEWS

Sky Sports News can reveal...well I can also do the same....

I am making a formal bid of £130 for Liverpool Football Club.

More on this to follow.

The Board of Directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the Club that would repay all its long-term debt. A Board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale. Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove Managing Director Christian Purslow and Commercial Director Ian Ayre from the Board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutcheon.

This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity.

Ive got my own sources here

2 bids got made today and Martin Broughman, Christian Purslow and the other one out voted hicks and gillette to accept the 2 bids, Then hicks and gillette tried to sack Broughman, Purslow and the other one, so they couldnt be out voted. So no one knows whats happend, Or whats going on. Its all over sky sports news, and Liverpool have put a statement out saying;

The Board of Directors have received two excellent financial offers to buy the Club that would repay all its long-term debt. A Board meeting was called today to review these bids and approve a sale. Shortly prior to the meeting, the owners - Tom Hicks and George Gillett - sought to remove Managing Director Christian Purslow and Commercial Director Ian Ayre from the Board, seeking to replace them with Mack Hicks and Lori Kay McCutcheon.

This matter is now subject to legal review and a further announcement will be made in due course.

Meanwhile Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre continue to explore every possible route to achieving a sale of the Club at the earliest opportunity.

I will try and find out more.

Update 1: Hicks and Gilette tried to sack the Board Room to hire there own in place ( So they will be calling the shots really )
Still looking for more.

Update 2: Something fishy is going on, Why is the Official Club website going against the owners? Its never happened before?

Update 3: Offers coming from Asia and Boston Red Sox

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back