The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is tragic, a Chelsea fan is the main man in court trying to help save Liverpool and their new possible owner owns Man Utd theamed bars in asia!!! What is this world coming too??

based on what logic? At the end of the day he is also a business man. and its not like its exactly easy to buy United right now

very true he should do well for liverpool for 320m bargin in that buisness .

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Reuters) - Singapore billionaire Peter Lim, who failed in an earlier bid to buy Liverpool FC, is prepared to improve his offer for the Premier League club, his spokeswoman said on Tuesday, confirming British media reports.

"Peter has written a letter to the Liverpool board... he is prepared to make an improved offer," she told Reuters.

She added that Lim, who made his fortune from stockbroking, was the unnamed Asian party who had earlier made an offer for the English soccer club worth 300 million pounds ($476.5 million) but lost out to a similar-sized bid from U.S.-based New England Sports Ventures, the owner of the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

The beleaguered Merseyside club, whose protracted sale has dominated headlines since they were put on the market in April, will attend the High Court in London on Tuesday when chairman Martin Broughton's power to agree to the sale of the club will be examined.

Much-criticised American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, who stand to lose some 140 million pounds if the deal goes through, will argue that Broughton does not have such power, potentially leaving the club without a buyer and reigniting the danger of administration and a nine-point penalty in the league.

According to Forbes magazine, Lim is Singapore's eighth richest man with a fortune estimated at $1.6 billion. He is a large shareholder in Singapore-listed Wilmar, the world's largest palm oil firm, and Singapore fashion retailer FJ Benjamin.

info on peter lim

very true he should do well for liverpool for 320m bargin in that buisness .

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

Reuters) - Singapore billionaire Peter Lim, who failed in an earlier bid to buy Liverpool FC, is prepared to improve his offer for the Premier League club, his spokeswoman said on Tuesday, confirming British media reports.

"Peter has written a letter to the Liverpool board... he is prepared to make an improved offer," she told Reuters.

She added that Lim, who made his fortune from stockbroking, was the unnamed Asian party who had earlier made an offer for the English soccer club worth 300 million pounds ($476.5 million) but lost out to a similar-sized bid from U.S.-based New England Sports Ventures, the owner of the Boston Red Sox baseball team.

The beleaguered Merseyside club, whose protracted sale has dominated headlines since they were put on the market in April, will attend the High Court in London on Tuesday when chairman Martin Broughton's power to agree to the sale of the club will be examined.

Much-criticised American owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett, who stand to lose some 140 million pounds if the deal goes through, will argue that Broughton does not have such power, potentially leaving the club without a buyer and reigniting the danger of administration and a nine-point penalty in the league.

According to Forbes magazine, Lim is Singapore's eighth richest man with a fortune estimated at $1.6 billion. He is a large shareholder in Singapore-listed Wilmar, the world's largest palm oil firm, and Singapore fashion retailer FJ Benjamin.

info on peter lim

he also said he wants to make a profit and is this really the right sport to do this in??

yes it is, if done properly and in the long term

It will certainly have to be in the long term. So 330million for the club and debts, then the stadium which is probably going to happen in some form whether it be redevelopment or complete new stadium, that is going to set him back another 300-500million. So say 700million just in the short term not including transfers. He will have to invest 500million pounds plus obviously not including transfers. If you want to make profit out of that investment especcially from a football club it is going to take him years.

PErsonally, even though Lim is the wealthier, I like the sound of NESV more. The front man, appears to have a winning mentality, rather than soley business, and of course he wants a profit also. I think we, at Liverpool, need someone committed to bringing us out of the gutters, but I am unsure if it is purely money that we need. So maybe we do need money and money alone, but I think NESV look promising. Granted I thought the same of the two baboons representing us today.

4.27pm: RBS QC: "RBS is a lender that deserves to be repaid £200m on Friday. It is wrong of Hicks and Gillett to try and delay that process."

That looks VERY promising.

4.48pm: JUDGEMENT ON THE CASE IS TO BE GIVEN AT 10.30AM TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY) MORNING

4.27pm: RBS QC: "RBS is a lender that deserves to be repaid £200m on Friday. It is wrong of Hicks and Gillett to try and delay that process."

That looks VERY promising.
4.48pm: JUDGEMENT ON THE CASE IS TO BE GIVEN AT 10.30AM TOMORROW (WEDNESDAY) MORNING

Guess we find out the future of Liverpool then

I think NESV would be the better owners than the Singapore group because they have show they know what it's like to run a sports team. They understand the fans passion about the game (Redevloping Fenway Park which has sold out every game since 2003). They know that they will have to invest money in players to keep the team challenging at the top. Hopefully they will get it

10:30 is the time of my break at 6th form tomorrow as well! i know where i'm going, computers in the libraaaaary! :)

Yes, my god, I'm going to be wreck for the next 16-odd hours D:

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:13 PM ----------

10:30 is the time of my break at 6th form tomorrow as well! i know where i'm going, computers in the libraaaaary! :)

**** you! <)
I'll have to wait 'til 11:10-ish D:

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:14 PM ----------

Broughton ambushed on his way out he said

"it's nerve-wracking (the wait) but we remain confident and await the verdict tomorrow at 10.30am."

Same place same time tomorrow then

Well it's been a pleasure, (mostly), I must dash now, here's to the right verdict tomorrow

H&G OUT!!!!!

ynwa

So what are the possible verdicts?

RBS win, allow the takeover to go through. NESV complete deal.

H& G win, then either they refinance and stay in control, or we enter admin, possibly deducted 9 points, and sold to NESV if they're still interested.

Judge can take it to a higher ruling, probably forcing us into administration.

I think that's it.

might shed a little light for those wondering how or why todays hearing escalated in the way it did.

Quote:
What changed overnight to see Reds board attend court?

Published at 3:52 pm on October 12th, 2010 by Jim Boardman

Last night Anfield Road reported in good faith that Martin Broughton and the other English members of the Kop/LFC boards would not be at the High Court today for the hearings related to Liverpool FC and the dispute with co-owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett.

We’d been passed this information by a very reliable source and a source we trust completely.

This was later backed up when Spirit of Shankly cancelled arrangements to travel down to London to be there for the hearing.

When we learned this morning that Martin Broughton and Christian Purslow had arrived at the High Court we were understandably confused and disappointed. We still had no reason to doubt the intentions of our source – and our source was also confused (and angry) as to why two of the board had actually attended the court after all.

The story last night was that today’s trial – which is actually RBS v Hicks and others – was little more than a discussion between lawyers to discuss the process and to agree times and dates. RBS had taken this action because Hicks had tried to interfere with the board, something that RBS and LFC contend he doesn’t have any right to do.

Although the hearing is important to LFC’s overall battle against its owners it wasn’t seen as the main event compared to what’s to come later in the week. For fans to take the time off work and go to the expense of travelling for what was expected to be a short meeting (a matter of minutes) between lawyers would have been a waste of time and money and best left until that next hearing.

Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow and Ian Ayre would also not be attending.

It has now emerged that a major change took place during the night.

We have been informed that Tom Hicks has now counter-sued Martin Broughton, Christian Purslow, Ian Ayre and RBS with the claim that they had not acted appropriately in terms of accepting the bid from NESV.

This means a straightforward procedural hearing has now escalated – RBS taking the decision this morning after legal advice and consideration throughout the night. Today’s hearing is now much bigger than expected.

Martin Broughton and Christian Purslow were already in London and so the decision was taken at short notice that both would attend court. Ian Ayre was still in Liverpool but will be in court when LFC’s case (at which he’ll be a witness) takes place later in the week.

It has been pointed out that Broughton and Purslow are still only there as observers for today’s hearing. This is RBS’s trial, not Liverpool FC’s.

Anfield Road has been assured that the message relayed last night was not done so in an attempt to dissuade supporters from being there for the LFC trial. We have been assured that this is quite the opposite to what is wanted.

As soon as the date, time and location of the trial are known the details will be released and relayed to supporters.

The message Anfield Road has heard is quite clear – if fans are going to take time off work and spend their hard-earned cash travelling to the court to show their support for the club, please don’t turn up on the wrong day.

That was the message last night and it remains the message today.

http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/2010...nd-court.html/

Im hoping to disturb my college class with a big shout of joy tomorrow morning.

This is dragged out for far too long.

ynwa

So what actually will happen if H&G appeal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back