The Anfield Saga

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 1K
  • Views Views 79K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great news for Liverpool, and I really don't mind whether it's NESV or Peter Lim that takes over. One has more money and will give us more to spend whilst the other has important experience in bringing a sports club back from the brink.

It should be NESV. The deal is done. The only potential spanner in the works is if the Court of Appeals rules that the trial judge was wrong to prevent Hicks appealing.

Whether NESV will be better, I don't know. But we'll be watching like hawks. And I think any new owner will be keenly aware of the pressure which Liverpool fans united and acting together can bring upon them.

Fair play to pool for getting this result in court but who says that these 2 new investers won't do the same thing. Neither support Liverpool and are buying you for that, both want to buy you because they want to make money just like Hicks and Gillette did. So yes i agree for now you should be optimistic and happy but i would be hugely causious also.

Fair play to pool for getting this result in court but who says that these 2 new investers won't do the same thing. Neither support Liverpool and are buying you for that, both want to buy you because they want to make money just like Hicks and Gillette did. So yes i agree for now you should be optimistic and happy but i would be hugely causious also.

god, do you know anything about these guys? You cant just say they are just like H & G

Look back in the threads to see the info on nesv to see why they are a very good match for liverpool, what they want do with liverpool they did with boston red sox, exactly the kind of owners you want. They are the complete opposite to H&G.

Woo! Get in!
Broughton you BEAUTY.

H & G you selfish stealing fools. Have fun being hated in both America and England.

Superb. Great news.

Judge was also a 'Palace fan. ;)

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

are they actually not being aloud to appeal? i want to hear it from the judge or something haha!

Nope, they're not allowed to :D:D

Rafa's Liverpool verdict.

Former Liverpool and current Inter Milan manager Rafael Benitez has expressed his delight that the takeover from NESV can now finally be complete and has indicated that the move should allow the club to become stable.

"Today I am so happy for the people of Liverpool, finally the club can move forward and get stability," the Inter Milan boss said

Legend!

Come back! He said he will at some point.

Hopefully this will count as an extra distraction for the derby!

Sounds as if your saying that as fact. You have no idea what it will do to the players.

Id imagine its a weight off their minds though, at least they know that now the club should be financially secure and investment is coming. Plus they wont have to worry about administration and the 9 point points loss. But as stann said we have no idea what it will do to the players.

Look back in the threads to see the info on nesv to see why they are a very good match for liverpool, what they want do with liverpool they did with boston red sox, exactly the kind of owners you want. They are the complete opposite to H&G.

As the adage goes - 'Deeds not words'.

D & D made all sorts of promises when they took over - & kept virtually none of them.

NESV did an excellent job on The Red Sox, but they are a baseball team. Baseball is the most popular sport in the USA & these guys have probably lived & breathed it all their lives. They have a natural empathy toward the major league. Will they understand the needs & traditions of football & the Premiere League ? That's the thought that's been at nagging me. The 2 clowns didn't have a clue in that regard. This ignorance cannot be underestimated enough.

What I'm saying is that, sadly, LFC fans have a distrust of foreign owners now through bitter experience. We will judge NESV, or whoever it is, on what they DO , not what they say.

However, the forceble removal of Laurel & Hardy & the clearing of the club's debt is clearly a brilliant reason for rejoicing

D & D made all sorts of promises when they took over - & kept virtually none of them.

NESV did an excellent job on The Red Sox, but they are a baseball team. Baseball is the most popular sport in the USA & these guys have probably lived & breathed it all their lives. They have a natural empathy toward the major league. Will they understand the needs & traditions of football & the Premiere League ? That's the thought that's been at nagging me. The 2 clowns didn't have a clue in that regard. This ignorance cannot be underestimated enough.

What I'm saying is that, sadly, LFC fans have a distrust of foreign owners now through bitter experience. We will judge NESV, or whoever it is, on what they DO , not what they say.

However, the forceble removal of Laurel & Hardy & the clearing of the club's debt is clearly a brilliant reason for rejoicing
so you distrust them becuase they are foreign :S they understand tradition of a side, regardless of the sport. they will know what anfield means to the fans as much as they did in boston with the red sox. you dont need to be english to understand history of a club,

Quoting John Henry 'Judge us on what we do, not what we say'. ;)

oh, i didn't realise that Abramovich was a mahusive chelsea fan or the city owner was a city fan when they took over? no, like MOST other businessmen, he bought the company so can make a profit out of it, same as most businessmaen.

so you distrust them becuase they are foreign :S they understand tradition of a side, regardless of the sport. they will know what anfield means to the fans as much as they did in boston with the red sox. you dont need to be english to understand history of a club,

We'll see...

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:15 PM ----------

oh, i didn't realise that Abramovich was a mahusive chelsea fan or the city owner was a city fan when they took over? no, like MOST other businessmen, he bought the company so can make a profit out of it, same as most businessmaen.

Don't you remember the mass of expensive signings Chelski made, Shevchenko in particular, with little or no sell-on value ? They made MASSIVE losses in the transfer market. Abramovich only called a halt when the credit cunch hit big time. Initially he was most definately NOT running Chelski as a business; it was his play thing - it's as simple as that

hodgson, will turn Liverpool into titke challengers next season, IF he gets the chance!

John W Henry is also a member of 'the spirit of shankly' group. If NESV do get the club we need to give them a chance. Surely we can't be that unlucky to get another owner like H&G!!!!

Dear Mr Hicks, Goodbye!!!!

YNWA

NO EXCUSES FOR PLAYERS - CARRAGHER

http://www.sportinglife.com/footbal...ccer/10/10/13/SOCCER_Liverpool_Carragher.html

Liverpool vice-captain Jamie Carragher admits the players have no excuses now that the club's ownership looks set to be settled.

Current owners Tom Hicks and George Gillett's attempts to block the sale were rejected by a High Court judge on Wednesday, paving the way for New England Sports Ventures' acquisition of the club.

Roy Hodgson's arrival in the summer to replace Rafael Benitez has so far failed to improve the club's fortunes on the field - they are currently in the Premier League's bottom three - and defender Carragher admits it is time for the players to do their bit.

He told talkSPORT: "We have changed the manager, we have changed the board and if things don't change now then the players will go too.

"Everything else has changed, it is just the players who have stayed the same."

With the Merseyside derby against Everton to focus on this weekend, he added: "I hope we can look forward now. I don't think the protests have affected things too much, because the protests and marches were usually before or after games.

"The atmosphere has not been great at Anfield recently because the performances have not been that great.

"But a lot of supporters will be delighted with the outcome today. I am sure that will give us a feel-good factor and we hope that will help us."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back