The Arsenal Thread

out: fabregas,arshavin,eboue,rosicky,almunia,clichy,squillaci,chamakh,denilson,vela,mannone,bendtner,diaby
in:
ramsey(promote to starting line-up), hazard (lille), jenkinson (charlton),alex oxlade-chamberlain (souuthampton),james shea(promote),izaguirre (celtic), bartley (promote),benezma,van bommel,emmanuel-thomas(promote),lamsbury (promote), frimpong (promote)

Last edited:
out: fabregas,arshavin,eboue,rosicky,almunia,clichy,squillaci,chamakh,denilson,vela,mannone,bendtner,diaby
in:ramsey(promote to starting line-up), hazard (lille), jenkinson (charlton),alex oxlade-chamberlain (souuthampton),james shea(promote),izaguirre (celtic), bartley (promote),benezma,van bommel,emmanuel-thomas(promote),lamsbury (promote), frimpong (promote)

You can't sell that many players and buy that many players at once. It would disrupt the harmony of the squad.
I agree with Rosicky. Vela and Denilson but the rest should stay. Chamakh was amazing to fill in for RVP, just didn't get many chances. Bendtner is quite young and has given goals when needed.

You can't sell that many players and buy that many players at once. It would disrupt the harmony of the squad.
I agree with Rosicky. Vela and Denilson but the rest should stay. Chamakh was amazing to fill in for RVP, just didn't get many chances. Bendtner is quite young and has given goals when needed.

but we do need a clear out, but chamakh said he was tired by november, i said fabregas beause his heart is clearly with barelona and there is no point delaying it when you can get about 25-30M

Arsène Wenger: "I expect Pat Rice will continue for one more year. He has told me. I am happy he will go on." (via Young Guns on twitter)

:facepalm: If you read what I said above, you'd know Pat Rice is staying for another year.

Also - Parkinson is already involved with Arsenal, but he's scouting U16s in the North-East so it's not very likely he would make that jump up anyway.

Read in other forum,

Nasri turned down new contract with 80K/week (4,7M eur/year), he wants to up it to 90k

Any truth in this?

Hmm. I doubt it - AW has said countless times (I think this has been backed up Nasri's agent too) that they'll sort it at the end of the season. Papers/the media will report anything if it suits their cause to be fair - if the BBC, SS or someone like the Guardian report that, I'll believe it, but for now I doubt it.

I read somewhere that he wants pay parity with Fabregas let alone 90k/week. Personally I think he will sign a new deal. I truly hope Wenger doesn't repeat a Flamini-ish situation.

Wenger will do ‘anything’ to keep Nasri | News Archive | News | Arsenal.com > Although, Flamini leaving wasn't a lot to do with Wenger. He offered him a new deal, but Flamini wanted out. Since then, he's done ****** all =)

in:
ramsey(promote to starting line-up), hazard (lille), jenkinson (charlton),alex oxlade-chamberlain (souuthampton),james shea(promote),izaguirre (celtic), bartley (promote),benezma,van bommel,emmanuel-thomas(promote),lamsbury (promote), frimpong (promote)

LOL.

1. You want Izaguirre? And Van Bommel??!
2. Jenkinson is already coming to Arsenal.
3. JET will more than likely not make it - his attitude stinks and Wenger doesn't reward laziness and inconsistency in young players.
4. Coquelin > Frimpong.
5. We won't anything if we sell half our squad...
6. Just lol.

but we do need a clear out, but chamakh said he was tired by november, i said fabregas beause his heart is clearly with barelona and there is no point delaying it when you can get about 25-30M

We're 3rd in the best league in the world. We don't need a clear out and it won't happen - rightly so.

HA! We should get far more than £25-30m -> If Carroll is worth £35m, Fabregas is worth at least that and more (I know there's an inflation for English players but still)

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 AM ----------

need someone who can dominate the midfield, his experience would also help the younger players

Yeah. 'Cos Fabregas and Wilshere are rubbish at dominating the midfield - they have no technical ability at all.

VB is also a dirty little so and so.

EDIT:

Also - do you realise the huge hypocrisy in that IN/OUT list?

That's just restarting the 10 year plan with young players who aren't ready for the First Team and adding a couple of over-rated players like MvB and Izaguirre. The whole point of the 10 year plan is that we keep our best players (having often come through our academy/Reserves like Cesc, Wilshere, Clichy, Djourou) and let young players develop under them and eventually compete for places when they're ready.

Last edited:
izaguierre won player of the year and young player of the year in scotland

I think Izaguierre (sp) is better than Clichy and actually wouldn't be bad for you.

P.S we're signing Chamakh :D

I think Izaguierre (sp) is better than Clichy and actually wouldn't be bad for you.

P.S we're signing Chamakh :D

I really doubt that. He's thrived in Scottish football -- that's not really the best competition around now is it?

We also have Gibbs, Traore, and Botelho coming into the side next year (Botelho will probably move up to LW, though). If Gibbs stays injury-free he can certainly put pressure on Clichy. I'm a firm believer that Clichy plays badly/gets complacent when no one's around to challenge him. On their day, both Gibbs and Clichy can be excellent full-backs and will still improve if they stay injury-free etc.

MVB would be an excellent signing for any team. He is very underrated. Cynical *******, but he will boss the midfield. Good passing range, excellent tackler, and decent shot. To top it all he is a natural leader. Not saying Arsenal should sign him, but it won't be a bad idea to get someone like him.

MVB would be an excellent signing for any team. He is very underrated. Cynical *******, but he will boss the midfield. Good passing range, excellent tackler, and decent shot. To top it all he is a natural leader. Not saying Arsenal should sign him, but it won't be a bad idea to get someone like him.

Well he and De Jong almost destroyed the World Cup final...

There's no way Wenger will sign him and if he does, I'll tear my hair out.

If we need more physicality anywhere, it's up front. I don't see us needing really physical players in midfield tbh - Wilshere gets stuck in, Fabregas has the freedom to operate between the lines and drop deep when he's crowded out (dominating the midfield from there) and Song is an ox.

Ugh. "Leadership" pops up again, I see.

Do Liverpool need a leader because they haven't won the title for 20 years? Do Chelsea because they fell away in the middle of the season? Stripping Cesc of the captaincy would do us no good at all and if people want someone who shouts at his defenders (An English tradition, but not a necessity in most European sides), then I don't see why Vermaelen can't do that since he did it all of last season.

Well he and De Jong almost destroyed the World Cup final...

There's no way Wenger will sign him and if he does, I'll tear my hair out.

If we need more physicality anywhere, it's up front. I don't see us needing really physical players in midfield tbh - Wilshere gets stuck in, Fabregas has the freedom to operate between the lines and drop deep when he's crowded out (dominating the midfield from there) and Song is an ox.

Ugh. "Leadership" pops up again, I see.

Do Liverpool need a leader because they haven't won the title for 20 years? Do Chelsea because they fell away in the middle of the season? Stripping Cesc of the captaincy would do us no good at all and if people want someone who shouts at his defenders (An English tradition, but not a necessity in most European sides), then I don't see why Vermaelen can't do that since he did it all of last season.

Joss, you need to calm down a bit. I didn't say you need a leader, i was just saying about his qualities.

All i can is, you can say whatever you want, but if Wenger signs him, you lot would love him. But this is hypothetical as Milan wont sell him and if he leaves Milan then it would be to Bayern again..

Joss, you need to calm down a bit. I didn't say you need a leader, i was just saying about his qualities.

All i can is, you can say whatever you want, but if Wenger signs him, you lot would love him. But this is hypothetical as Milan wont sell him and if he leaves Milan then it would be to Bayern again..

I'm perfectly calm...

Just that whenever someone is suggesting Arsenal signings, they always say: "And he's a natural leader", and it bores me to death as most people know.

I really wouldn't love him. We don't need him - maybe he'd be good in the dressing room but playing well for Milan in Italy is hardly a prerequisite to moving to Arsenal...

I'm perfectly calm...

Just that whenever someone is suggesting Arsenal signings, they always say: "And he's a natural leader", and it bores me to death as most people know.

I really wouldn't love him. We don't need him - maybe he'd be good in the dressing room but playing well for Milan in Italy is hardly a prerequisite to moving to Arsenal...

Played well for Barca, Bayern, Milan, Netherlands. All big clubs and big game player. Good in dressing room, and great on field.

Maybe Arsenal is too perfect for your liking but many see with different view point.

Anyways like i said this is hypothetical situation.

I just posted coz of this..

1. You want Izaguirre? And Van Bommel??!
There is nothing wrong in signing MVB. He is amazing in protecting back 4. Among the best in the world.

Played well for Barca, Bayern, Milan, Netherlands. All big clubs and big game player. Good in dressing room, and great on field.

Maybe Arsenal is too perfect for your liking but many see with different view point.

Anyways like i said this is hypothetical situation.

I just posted coz of this..

There is nothing wrong in signing MVB. He is amazing in protecting back 4. Among the best in the world.

Ha. I'm not saying Arsenal are perfect. I haven't once said that so don't put words in my mouth.

MvB is 34 and playing well in Serie A - one of the slowest and least technical leagues in Europe. Played well a while ago for Barca (despite making less than 30 apps and being sold a year later).

All I'm saying is that I don't want a player who will simply kick lumps out of the opposition like he did in the WC. I'm also saying that for me, Song will do a better job than MvB since he's younger, still strong, and has played with us for longer (forming a superb partnership w Wilshere) and then we have Coquelin, who's had a season in Ligue 1 on loan and Frimpong who is built like a tank and both have excellent futures.

I'm not trying to speak for all Arsenal fans either. I'm giving MY opinion: "I really wouldn't love him" -> It's you that, as a Utd fan, are trying to speak for other Arsenal fans... "You lot would love him".

I also think it's an unrealistic suggestion. Either Milan wouldn't sell or, from my POV, Wenger wouldn't try to sign him for various reasons. He may well be influential in the dressing room, but I don't think that he'd be much use on the pitch considering our current options.

Well we have to agree to disagree on MVB's quality. Like i said cynical ******* but great player.

one of the slowest and least technical leagues in Europe
Slowest- Yes
Least Technical No. After La Liga, Serie A is the most technical league. Least among 3 is premier league. Thats for another thread and day.

It's you that, as a Utd fan, are trying to speak for other Arsenal fans... "You lot would love him".

Yeah, My mistake. Milan fans hated his signing, but now he is their key player and absolutely love him. His club supporters will love him whereas others will hate him. He is that kind of player.

Last edited:
Well we have to agree to disagree on MVB's quality. Like i said cynical ******* but great player.

Slowest- Yes
Least Technical No. After La Liga, Serie A is the most technical league. Least among 3 is premier league. Thats for another thread and day.

Yeah, My mistake. Milan fans hated his signing, but now he is their key player and absolutely love him. His club supporters will love him whereas others will hate him. He is that kind of player.

I'm not saying he's a bad player. Just that he isn't really NEEDED & that I wouldn't really want to sign a 34 year old from Serie A considering the pace of the PL.