The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
I'd agree it did start well this summer, but through very little prep from Arsenal I'd say.

What I mean is Lacazette you only got due to transfer ban to Atletico and Kolasinac was done in January wasnt it?

So you could say there has been no real thought or effort in this summer window, compared to the rest from Arsenal board. Shocking really.

Kolasinac was signed late April / start of May I believe, but still way before the window opened. No real action from the club since the window opened.

Makes me think they had CL money already budgeted in for this year, and missing out on Wenger trophy ****** them up much worse than everybody thought. I mean how do they have no money for transfers, when with new TV deal even mid-table clubs throw out tens of millions like it's nothing?

Makes me think they had CL money already budgeted in for this year, and missing out on Wenger trophy ****** them up much worse than everybody thought. I mean how do they have no money for transfers, when with new TV deal even mid-table clubs throw out tens of millions like it's nothing?

I've been trying to get a grasp on what really is the problem as Arsenal have well over 150 million in the bank and the only problem I can think of is the new rule that salaries cannot increase for over 7 million in a year except if the revenue growth allows it, which in Arsenal's case now it doesn't. Another way to allow it would be if the profit on player sales would allow it, but again it doesn't as Arsenal have spent more in transfers in recent years.

7 million in a year means about 145.000 in a week and Laca and Kolasinac combined earn probably at least double that.

Also, Arsenal has had a hard time offloading unwanted players like Debuchy, Gibbs and so on which would free up wages for new signings.

Nothing but Arsenal PR with the Lemar £90m offer today, trying to fool fans again me thinks.

They know full well it wouldn't happen and why would they even make a bid knowing they didn't have the time?

Mugging the fans.. again. Unacceptable.

TBH if I was an Arsenal fan I would hope it wasn't true, Lemar is at a club that has sold half it's first team and looks like it has no chance of winning the league and when he is offered a chance to leave to a PL club that could likely give him a raise he says no

TBH if I was an Arsenal fan I would hope it wasn't true, Lemar is at a club that has sold half it's first team and looks like it has no chance of winning the league and when he is offered a chance to leave to a PL club that could likely give him a raise he says no

Well, I can really understand him. He wanted to come at the start of the summer, but Arsenal dithered and couldn't make a move happen while basically everyone else at Monaco was poached off. Now at the end of the window club panicked and sanctioned the move, but the player has had enough and would rather stay at Monaco than join Arsenal at a crisis.

I don't know what to think anymore tbh.

I mean, it seems that penny pinchers finally put Arsenal in deep **** this time. I can understand them not wanting to spend entire warchest at once, because the transfer budgets need to account for the future and longterm stability. But this year the market really went absolutely batshit insane, 150 million might have been a lot even 2 years ago, but it really isn't that much money anymore. It's either invest now or you risk being left behind for a generation.

Then again, if transfer prices continue to explode the way they do, something is bound to go **** up sooner or later. So who knows, maybe few years down the line we'll be looking at bunch of famous clubs going bankrupt and Arsenal's board will seem like really smart people.

I don't know what to think anymore tbh.

I mean, it seems that penny pinchers finally put Arsenal in deep **** this time. I can understand them not wanting to spend entire warchest at once, because the transfer budgets need to account for the future and longterm stability. But this year the market really went absolutely batshit insane, 150 million might have been a lot even 2 years ago, but it really isn't that much money anymore. It's either invest now or you risk being left behind for a generation.

Then again, if transfer prices continue to explode the way they do, something is bound to go **** up sooner or later. So who knows, maybe few years down the line we'll be looking at bunch of famous clubs going bankrupt and Arsenal's board will seem like really smart people.

Yeah, we will see. They still have spent a lot of money on average players and especially their wages and now those players just rather sit on their ***** at Arsenal than move away to play. Yeah, I'm looking at you Debuchy.

For a long time, there was no real money and you could understand the lack of spending, but summer of 2015 was the spot where Arsenal missed out on the train where if they had spent on outfield players club would most likely have won Premier League and things would be so different now.

I don't know if it's the "trust" of Wenger in players he has that keeps the club from spending or the penny-pinching board, but I really would like to see Wenger gone so he can actually write his memoirs and we can read what has been going on behind the scenes. There have been many comments from him especially in last couple years which point out that everything doesn't end at Wenger actually and there is something wrong above him.

So I don't really get the lemar bid today, if we wanted to sign him why not offer £90mill back in june and offer sanchez to city for x amount. Why wait until the last day? It doesn't benefit anyone trying to do these deals on the last day.

I hope Sanchez can get his head down and put in the performances we know his capable off. Personally if I was at the club i would still offer him a 3 year deal with the promise he can left next summer for x amount. Really don't want this saga in January, especially as our form goes to **** at that time of the year and this nonsense won't help the team focus at all.

I hope Sanchez can get his head down and put in the performances we know his capable off. Personally if I was at the club i would still offer him a 3 year deal with the promise he can left next summer for x amount. Really don't want this saga in January, especially as our form goes to **** at that time of the year and this nonsense won't help the team focus at all.

Apparently, Sanchez already told his friends and family that he was going to City. It was all done except the last stamp. If you believe he will turn up for next season I think you will be in for a disappointment.

So I don't really get the lemar bid today, if we wanted to sign him why not offer £90mill back in june and offer sanchez to city for x amount. Why wait until the last day? It doesn't benefit anyone trying to do these deals on the last day.

You definitely don't want that to happen because at this rate you will be in the position Chelsea were in the season before last.

Apparently, Sanchez already told his friends and family that he was going to City. It was all done except the last stamp. If you believe he will turn up for next season I think you will be in for a disappointment.
hes not turn up for this 1 let alone next season

What were Arsenal playing at though? You spend the entire summer telling everyone that Sanchez is not for sale before finally relenting in the FINAL few days and then being forced into an embarassing u-turn when your main target rejects you. Good going in just ******* everyone off unnecessarily.

So much better if they just said from the start ... Look guys we are fine selling Sanchez if you offer us what he is worth. Do it in the first few weeks of the window so we have time to buy a replacement. Set your own deadline. If clubs do not meet it, hold firm and don't buckle pathetically in the final few days.

Nonetheless, I do believe Sanchez staying for one more season is well worth £60m.

It probably went more like Wenger said no to selling sanchez telling board he can change his mind. We stink it up first 3 games and Sanchez is despondent so board at last second takes over trying to sell him. Sanchez thinks he is gone but deal isnt reached. So methinks Sanchez is probably sore at the entire organization for ******* around with him. We can only hope he plays for a contract this year and maybe...just maybe if we go top of the league early he may re-sign.

Can't believe anyone seriously bought the whole 'don't have money to sign players', Arsenal are ****** loaded and it's a crying shame that any fan would fall for their lies.

Sorry, but that Lemar bid, was nothing but pathetic PR to try and appease people. No way in **** they had any ambition to really get the player and why would they make a bid knowing there wasn't enough time?

All in all, from this window, we've learnt Arsenal are a shambles and Wenger is a liar. Not only gone back on his word against Ox (like many before) but also Sanchez.

Back