The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Why doesn't Wenger just put his best XI on the pitch, it isn't that hard

Lacazette as striker, Ozil in the 10 role, Sanchez LW, Ox at RW, double pivot of Cazorla and Xhaka, Bellerin RB, Kolaisinac LB, Mustafi and Koscielny CBs and Cech keeper.Doing stuff Fifa style ain't always bad you know?

If Cazorla is ever fit... It wasn't really a surprise that once he got injured our season went down the toilet. He makes even Coquelin look like a good player alongside him.

I really don't understand the reasoning of playing Ox and Bellerin at the same time especially when Arsenal have just signed Kolasinac. At the current form, Bellerin should be on bench and Ox as the starting RWB with Kolasinac on the left.

I really don't understand the reasoning of playing Ox and Bellerin at the same time especially when Arsenal have just signed Kolasinac. At the current form, Bellerin should be on bench and Ox as the starting RWB with Kolasinac on the left.

On form Ox should be starting on the wing with Ozil on the bench.

On form Ox should be starting on the wing with Ozil on the bench.

Well Arsenal don't really use wingers anymore in the 3 - 4 - 2 - 1 system. Ox for most of games has been really good as the RWB and much better than Bellerin.

Ox even on form doesn't have the end product Özil has.

Think i'll wait until the end of tomorrow to praise or more likely complain about our dealings. Have to say I would like to see the OX stay but if we get £35mil and above I wouldn't complain to much as long as we actually spend the money and improve our team.

Think i'll wait until the end of tomorrow to praise or more likely complain about our dealings. Have to say I would like to see the OX stay but if we get £35mil and above I wouldn't complain to much as long as we actually spend the money and improve our team.

According to Ornstein the fee is £40 million. Main question for me is is it £40 million or £40 million + 1...

I highly doubt any major moves will be done in the market.

According to Ornstein the fee is £40 million. Main question for me is is it £40 million or £40 million + 1...

I highly doubt any major moves will be done in the market.

That to me seems like a good deal for both sides, Liverpool get the player they want and we get more than his worth. Especially with his contract coming to the end. I would just love to see a bit more intent by Arsene. It just seems that he is happy with the current squad, which clearly isn't strong enough.

That to me seems like a good deal for both sides, Liverpool get the player they want and we get more than his worth. Especially with his contract coming to the end. I would just love to see a bit more intent by Arsene. It just seems that he is happy with the current squad, which clearly isn't strong enough.

Apparently, Ox and his camp have been lying to Arsenal all summer. Saying they want to extend, but now with week to go pushed for a transfer. I really doubt Wenger is happy with this. Rumours that no money available after Lacazette even though there is over £150 million sitting in the bank...

Apparently, Ox and his camp have been lying to Arsenal all summer. Saying they want to extend, but now with week to go pushed for a transfer. I really doubt Wenger is happy with this. Rumours that no money available after Lacazette even though there is over £150 million sitting in the bank...

There is always going to be hear-say about what's gone on. But at top clubs you really should have back-up plans for these situations. It's always possible for a player to get their head turned for a variety of reasons and when you have players enter their final years of contracts it's even more likely to happen. It just baffles me that we seemed surprised and with a day to go we potentially lose 3 first team players in ox, sanchez, mustafi. If that last one goes i will be really amazed.

We will see what happens tomorrow.

Has Kroenke even spoke this summer? Let alone been over?

He's seemingly one of the biggest problems in this mess right there.

Nothing so far and likely nothing to come out from him.

Wenger is a huge problem, but he takes a lot of stick for which the board and ultimately Kroenke are responsible.

The club is run in an almost criminally wrong way from top to bottom.

They don't call him silent stan for nothing. There was talk than Ivan wanted to replace arsene at the end of the season, but didn't come up with any suitable replacements which seems to be the common theme. There just seems to be a lack of long term planning, we all know wenger can't go on for ever and we shouldn't be waiting for him to retire. If there is a chance for us to get a quality manger for the long term (i think it was summer 15 when klopp, pep, ancelotti were all available) we should take those chances. Top managers are not out of jobs for long.

Last edited:

Wenger is a huge problem, but he takes a lot of stick for which the board and ultimately Kroenke are responsible.

And all the while Arsenal fans are paying the most exorbitant prices the PL to suffer through this.

People like to mock Arsenal Fan TV. I put one up myself after Sunday. But what people fail to understand is that isn't meant to be 'entertainment' for opposition fans. These are genuine, week in, week out home and away Arsenal lads just voicing their utter frustration on a very good fan platform.

Criminal what's happening to what is the third biggest club in this Country and biggest in the South by far.

And all the while Arsenal fans are paying the most exorbitant prices the PL to suffer through this.

People like to mock Arsenal Fan TV. I put one up myself after Sunday. But what people fail to understand is that isn't meant to be 'entertainment' for opposition fans. These are genuine, week in, week out home and away Arsenal lads just voicing their utter frustration on a very good fan platform.

Criminal what's happening to what is the third biggest club in this Country and biggest in the South by far.

To be honest i don't watch arsenal TV. I think it started with a good intentions but has become a money spinner for those involved. I can't blame them, i would 100% cash in, their constant overreactions is for the cameras and the money.

But despite all of this negativity surrounding arsenal we have won 6 trophies since 2014, if poch or klopp had done the same they would be getting a tonne of praise for it. And thats the most annoying thing, we have everything you need in resource wise to be a top top club apart from the desire.

Even as a rival fan, I find what Arsenal are doing to be absolutely disgusting. Especially to the fans paying hard-earned money and ridiculous ticket prices for this utter shambles.

The cheek for the board to even suggest there is no money but at the start of window claim you will rival Bayern and all the other top clubs with the warchest you have. Just mugging you all off they are.

Absolutely despicable, your net spend is now at a ****** profit after that Ox sale, there is money and plenty of it. Lying scumbags honestly.

Every single Arsenal fan should seriously start mass protesting or something because I find it beyond appalling the way the club is being run.

Edit: Oh and for the record, I have very little Wenger sympathy, infact none at all. He claims to love Arsenal, well if he does truly love Arsenal then he would of left by now for the interest of the club and himself tbh. Not only that, he should be speaking out against those above him, obviously he can't now he has stayed on. But once he does go I really hope he comes clean as to why they are acting like this above.

Well, one thing is for certain: after this season it will be much cheaper for them to support the club as at this point I really doubt Arsenal will finish in European places this season.

Well, one thing is for certain: after this season it will be much cheaper for them to support the club as at this point I really doubt Arsenal will finish in European places this season.

That right there encapsulates what an utter disgrace this carnage is at Arsenal Football Club when you're honestly talking about potentially finishing outside the top 6.

We went through all this with those complete charlatans Hicks and Gillet that ultimately had the club hours away from receivership so I can truly empathise with terrible owners in it for their own ends that just rip a club apart with all the toxicity from top to bottom.

Feel for you guys. Genuinely.

That right there encapsulates what an utter disgrace this carnage is at Arsenal Football Club when you're honestly talking about potentially finishing outside the top 6.

We went through all this with those complete charlatans Hicks and Gillet that ultimately had the club hours away from receivership so I can truly empathise with terrible owners in it for their own ends that just rip a club apart with all the toxicity from top to bottom.

Feel for you guys. Genuinely.

It's really funny how only couple months ago things seemed so different. Start of summer and the two transfers and things started really well. Arsenal if they had continued on that and signed good CB and Midfielder would be making top 4 again and maybe just maybe within a title shot if squad would be used well and first 11 rested especially on European travels to this shitshow where there is no money for signings and to be honest who would want to come in? Sanchez will most likely go also if City comes with a bigger bid. If I was Kolasinac or Lacazette I would be waiting for January window with transfer request ready.

It's really funny how only couple months ago things seemed so different. Start of summer and the two transfers and things started really well.

I'd agree it did start well this summer, but through very little prep from Arsenal I'd say.

What I mean is Lacazette you only got due to transfer ban to Atletico and Kolasinac was done in January wasnt it?

So you could say there has been no real thought or effort in this summer window, compared to the rest from Arsenal board. Shocking really.

Back