The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Disagree mate. Same way I did Lovren against the *****.

Doesn't matter if he 'barely' touched him or not. He did. When there was absolutely ZERO need to challenge him going away from goal. Happens outside the box, it's a free kick. Happens inside, it warrants the same. Fouls a foul. However 'soft' it may be deemed to be.

Although not as bad defending as Mustafi there completely switching off. Deary me.

Bellerin redeem's himself with a top equaliser.

Belter game. Made up with that scoreline. But then from a L'pool POV, we really couldn't lose there.

Disagree mate. Same way I did Lovren against the *****.

Doesn't matter if he 'barely' touched him or not. He did. When there was absolutely ZERO need to challenge him going away from goal. Happens outside the box, it's a free kick. Happens inside, it warrants the same. Fouls a foul. However 'soft' it may be deemed to be.

Although not as bad defending as Mustafi there completely switching off. Deary me.
Disagree. I feel a bit of common sense is needed when incidents occur in the box, otherwise you would just get players throwing themselves the moment they feel a brush. Feel for defenders as the box has now become a complete zero contact area and is becoming impossible to actually challenge.

Disagree. I feel a bit of common sense is needed when incidents occur in the box, otherwise you would just get players throwing themselves the moment they feel a brush. Feel for defenders as the box has now become a complete zero contact area and is becoming impossible to actually challenge.

Before long a defender will brush the sleeve of a striker and the striker will collapse holding his face writhing in agony-pen. It's just pathetic right now. System and officiating needs an overhaul simple as. Will it happen? Pfft. Don't hold your breath. I mean god forbid common sense is allowed to creep back into the game.

Before long a defender will brush the sleeve of a striker and the striker will collapse holding his face writhing in agony-pen. It's just pathetic right now. System and officiating needs an overhaul simple as. Will it happen? Pfft. Don't hold your breath. I mean god forbid common sense is allowed to creep back into the game.
Football is a contact sport. There's a difference between a foul/touch that brings a player down or limits his situation but a slight touch for me should never be a pen and requires simple common sense. Right now its impossible for a defender to judge correctly.

Still scratching my head as to how Everton got awarded that "penalty" vs. you.

Football is a contact sport. There's a difference between a foul/touch that brings a player down or limits his situation but a slight touch for me should never be a pen and requires simple common sense. Right now its impossible for a defender to judge correctly.

Pretty much. There's been times when we've got a pen and I've been sitting there thinking "What the ****.....". Most fans would be happy because it would lead to a pen which would maybe lead to a win, but sorry. I'd rather win the game via skill and team work and not by conning the referee, because there's so little contact allowed, players can take advantage of it and cheat.

If we won a big cup final (100% hypothetical-this is Everton of course lol) and win it in the dying seconds that way, it would feel like the most hollow cup win imaginable.

Let's not forget about the current global stars we all know and love?
At some stage, none of us had heard of them?

It must be the end for him right? No bad words for the guy, but they need a new manager, with new ideas and tactics. Can bring his own players.
Two star players leaving, so many contracts ending, hoping for top4. How long is Wenger contract?

I don't see how he can recover if they both end up leaving.

Back