The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
So what your saying is that nothing will be different.... :P

Nope, not under Wenger anyway. If they brought in a new manager who is relevant in the modern game he could do some awesome things with this side with a few additions like CB and CM.

One thing I was thinking maybe Wenger making a big signing like this in Aubamayang is his last hoorah at trying to get some success before he retires. Bit like Fergie did with RVP. it won't work though unless they make further defensive additions.

Hold fire r big Polish mate. Now you've got Mikhitaryian saying he always dreamed of playing for Arsenal.

There's a lot of hilarity left in this one yet!

Tbf he was quoted in 2009 how he wanted to play for Arsenal because he liked their style of play.

Obviously it's just what most footballers say these days when moving to get fans on side straight away. But in Mkhitaryan there may be some truth to it.

Hold fire r big Polish mate. Now you've got Mikhitaryian saying he always dreamed of playing for Arsenal.

There's a lot of hilarity left in this one yet!

Yeah and Sanchez in his statement said he couldn't turn down the opportunity play for Jose Mourinho (after it turned out City will pay less and Pep isn't that interested, that is)

Yeah and Sanchez in his statement said he couldn't turn down the opportunity play for Jose Mourinho (after it turned out City will pay less and Pep isn't that interested, that is)

Football is his career. Why would you turn down a better contract?
In your field of work, would you turn down a better offer to do whatever it is you do?

Nobody could realistically answer that without the context of what you're leaving and what you're going to.

Scouse you keep having these slight digs at Sanchez not performing or being professional enough jn an Arsenal shirt. But I don't see you saying the same about Van Dijk??

When the Liverpool move didn't happen during summer he refused to play for Southampton... Bit hypocritical imo.

Scouse you keep having these slight digs at Sanchez not performing or being professional enough jn an Arsenal shirt. But I don't see you saying the same about Van Dijk??

When the Liverpool move didn't happen during summer he refused to play for Southampton... Bit hypocritical imo.

Not a bit, but very.

Tbf he was quoted in 2009 how he wanted to play for Arsenal because he liked their style of play.

Obviously it's just what most footballers say these days when moving to get fans on side straight away. But in Mkhitaryan there may be some truth to it.

That quote was actually made up tbf

Yet he never didn’t not play. Or train. And for as sub standard as he was labelled, he was their best defender statistically in most every facet this year. So what that says about every other player down there under Pochettino **** only knows?

He never covered himself in glory but at least stick to actual events mate.

Last edited:
Yet he never didn’t not play. Or train. And for as sub standard as he was labelled, he was their best defender statistically in most every facet this year. So what that says about every other player down there under Pochettino **** only knows?

He never covered himself in glory but at least stick to actual events mate.

He missed start of season because of it and was put in reserves, it's common knowledge.

Plus you saying about as sub standard as he was being labelled he was still their best player.. you can make that case for Sanchez anyway

I just find it hypocritical anyway.. you can't say it about one and not the other.

Back