The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Arsenal has informed Lucas Perez that he will have to join the pre-season on Monday, July 2. Emery has always liked the player + meeting in London in early June to analyze his future

Demn, forgot he is still with you guys. Might be very good addition and pick for Emery.

Got a feeing, but might be wrong, that Emery probably wouldn't choose to renew Wilshere's contract. But due to it not being down to only him it may still happen.

Forgot all about Perez tbh. Be a better option than Welbeck.

The mentality isn't the best. Wasn't too keen on the competition for places with Giroud and Lacazette and now it's even harder with Aubameyang instead of Giroud.

I would prefer to sell them both as I think both are coming to their final 1 or 2 years of contracts and Arsenal need a proper winger more.

Welbeck is underrated. Work rate, quick, strong, tactically clever (Fergie used him in huge games, played cracker vs. Madrid), fills HG quota and is happy to be there as a squad option. Think even Jose said he was one of the players he wouldn't have sold.

His opinion surely counts for something as the new manager? I mean bit messed up if he has no say in it.

He has had a contract on the table even before Emery was even considered. He will either take it or leave, but not much to do with the Head Coach at the moment (first wrote Manager here and then remembered the new structure).

Arsenal replacing a declining CB in Kosh with another old declining CB in sokratis.

Think problem Arsenal have is this season they are not a big draw (despite the new manager), Wenger always had a pull anyway due to his reputation.

Arsenal are in Europa League and every player they would usually want who will be moving this summer, will have options to play for clubs who are in CL next season.

So whilst their signings so far, don't look the best. I think the main thing is that they try to sure up that defence, will Sokratis do it? I doubt it. Although Arsenal's defensive problem was down to system just as much as anything.

Having said all that, Mustafi looks like an accident waiting to happen every time on the pitch. So it's down to personnel somewhat as well. The amount of unforced or individual errors players made last season was ridiculous.

Back