The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Ta. Appreciated.

God. He'll slot right in where Wenger's been the last decade or so in Europe then. Crashing out the first knockout round to heavy wallopings.
yes thay did blow that lead but some of the reffing in that game were utter bs

Ta. Appreciated.

God. He'll slot right in where Wenger's been the last decade or so in Europe then. Crashing out the first knockout round to heavy wallopings.

Baffling decision to go after Emery. Allegri just said that after Juve he's done with Italy. Worth a shot. Jardim have been great in Monaco, playing good football and coaching the youth. Nagelsmann just had another good season with Hoffenheim. Favre have done a great job in Nice. Schmidt is a daring option, but is in China and available. I'd even go after Conte before Emery.

He should do but a couple of seasons not challenging or making the CL could see him gone pretty sharpish.

Not at Arsenal and with Emery I'd say we are one of the early favorites for Europa League next season, which would allow regaining CL status.

Combine that with that we are unlikely to be as bad next season away as we were this season. Home Arsenal form was good enough to win Prem in most of the seasons and usually, Arsenal is one of the strongest away sides in the league.

if he keeps geting 4th every year hes there for life

Not at Arsenal and with Emery I'd say we are one of the early favorites for Europa League next season, which would allow regaining CL status.

Combine that with that we are unlikely to be as bad next season away as we were this season. Home Arsenal form was good enough to win Prem in most of the seasons and usually, Arsenal is one of the strongest away sides in the league.
Just don’t see him as that bigger improvement on Wenger tbh. And the teams above you are only gonna make further steps away imo.

Just don’t see him as that bigger improvement on Wenger tbh. And the teams above you are only gonna make further steps away imo.

How do you think he is not an improvement? Earlier you also mentioned that he won't be much of a change from Wenger when in fact his whole philosophy is quite different to that of Wenger.

In my opinion from the stuff I've been reading so far he was never going to succeed at PSG and to be honest was never the right man for the job either.

How do you think he is not an improvement? Earlier you also mentioned that he won't be much of a change from Wenger when in fact his whole philosophy is quite different to that of Wenger.

In my opinion from the stuff I've been reading so far he was never going to succeed at PSG and to be honest was never the right man for the job either.
Honestly don’t think his style is that overly different from what you play now. Nice build up possession play But not great at setting a team up defensively. He seemed a bit more pragmatic in Europe especially at Sevilla. But conceded a fair few in the league. Agree was wrong for PSG!

Honestly don’t think his style is that overly different from what you play now. Nice build up possession play But not great at setting a team up defensively. He seemed a bit more pragmatic in Europe especially at Sevilla. But conceded a fair few in the league. Agree was wrong for PSG!

What I know so far and read he is more up to making teams structured at the back and high pressing game. The slow build up possession play of PSG is one instilled in the club by Blanc earlier and accepted and adopted by players, which Emery tried to change unsuccessfully.

We will see how he does, but I for one am quite interested to see this summer how Arsenal will turn out in the pre-season games and how players will adopt the manager's vision and really hope if some players are resistant they are sold straight away no matter the status or name. Summer usually is a bit of a let down for Arsenal fans for lack of transfer activity, but at least this summer there will be something new to wait for.

Unai Emery's pre-season will be one game short (unless another is arranged). Game v Chelsea on 4 August is off due to clash with Community Shield.

Back