The Arsenal Thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Joss
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 21K
  • Views Views 2M
Sign a keeper for £30mill give or take... leave him on bench and make Cech captain????? Bit strange.

Despite all the optimism, it's really hard to see Emery playing a high line when he has players like Sokratis in his defence. Also interesting how he has gone with Guendouzi in midfield, the kid was playing French Ligue 2 football last season.

Think it's more caution than anything, really. For a keeper not used to the League, a City game can be a cruel baptism (as much as it pains me to say that about them).

Arsenal been decent all things considered, that Guendouzi kid looks like a huge talent.

Guendouzi error led to 1st goal. Didnt see 2nd.

Cech looks done. Hope niles is okay. Ozil not pressing like Miki or Auba were. Mustafi looking okay. I think Sokratis brought in to improve communication with Mustafi

Crud. I was hopeful for the perfect weekend of results there but yers went and ruined it!

Sort it out for the next time you play them!

Cech needs to retire, watching him is heart breaking.

He made some good saves tbf, but he's never a GK who will suddenly learn the style Emery wants. Playing out the back with high pressure on him like today is always going to end badly.

He made some good saves tbf, but he's never a GK who will suddenly learn the style Emery wants. Playing out the back with high pressure on him like today is always going to end badly.

Almost banged in a cracker of a goal though... :)

Correct zz....Cech routinely booted the ball deep after dodddling on ball. Which is fine if we had Giroud

Arsenal need a clean out of epic proportions. How you giving extentions to Iwobi and Xhaka, the latter seriously is so bad its a joke, I beg you someone tell me what his good at. I would also bin Ramsey, he is not suited to possession footy, how you been playing at the top level for nearly 10 years and your best attribute is runs off the ball coupled with decent finishing so if theirs no space to exploit you might aswell be playing with 10 men. Basically a discount Lallana with none of the Cruyff turns. Bin him. Man Arsenal squad is so unbalanced and filled with dross you really have to feel for them.

This Arsenal team are a mess. I predicted they would struggle and hadn’t had a good enough window. I know it’s early but can’t see them standing a chance at top 4.

Miki with miss of the season already :)

Last edited:
Back